I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (2) - SAR, Cray
AM (3) - Shelter, Skimble, capri
Shelter (1) - AM
Koffee (2) - WZ, mutt
Mutts () -
WZ (1) - ny
grebes (5) - genny, Mel, Paws, Koffee, Mixy
allie
(1) - Trilt
dolphin (1) - jboo
Mixy
(1) - dolphin
Cray (1) - allie
SAR (3) - Kara, Stagg, Grebes
Skim () -

21/24
Missing: Gwen, Glamm, Snowy

Day 2 Lynch Tally
shelter (7)
- Cray, Glamm, capri, SAR, jboo, mutts, Stagg
Coffee? (3) - Snowy, WZ, Kara
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ () -
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (1) - shelter
Mel (2) - Trilt, Skim
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts () -
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny () -

20/21
Missing: allie

Day 3 Lynch Tally

allie (1) - Snowy
WZ (12) - Coffee, genny, nyan, Trilt, Gwen, Glamm, mutts, Melby, WZ!!!, Skim, Capri, allie
mutts () -
Dolph (1) - SAR
Gwen (3) - AM, Cray, dolph
Mel () -
Coffee? () -

17/18
Missing: Kara

Day 4 Lynch Tally
Skimble (2) - genny, Coffee
allie (4) - AM, Snowy, KB, Cray
Trilt ()
Dolphin (8) - mutts, Melby, allie, SAR, Glamm, Skimble, Trilt, capri
mutts (1) - nyan
Snowy (1) - Dolph

16/16
 
Last edited:
So we got Giovanni, James, and a grunt.
So we need to find Jesse +/- a convert?

Also trilt will you hop off my sudowoodo now?

250px-185Sudowoodo.png
Can I hop on it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright. So either we don't have an every night protector or they need to get beat a little. Seriously? we have an outed affiliation seer and your ass isn't on that like grass?
When he awoke, Sabrina was dead by blunt force trauma. A mind plate was tossed carelessly aside, apparently the weapon of choice.
This is beyond my generation knowledge. Pokemon nerds?

...
Sorry, Allie.

Also trilt will you hop off my sudowoodo now?

250px-185Sudowoodo.png
No. Lol.
 
I want thoughts and feelz out of @Karabiner13, @SnowshoeDog143, @SARdoghandler in particular today. And more from @Melchizedek. (Send sudowoodo pics? 😉)

So far, I think I'm feeling:
Lynch Snowy

There was the kinda weird call-out of WZ defending Crayola that Capri pointed out yesterday; Dolphin has mentioned voting for her and actually did yesterday which I could WIFOM to oblivion; with Dolphin's flip moving Mel lower on my list that's my next area of interest.
 
In my opinion those that should be looked at would be ones driving the dolphin lynch after the role reveal. I'm guessing that the battle thing wasnt thought through. Mel gets village points for addressing that. Then again, anybody trying to push a dolphon lynch in place of WZ should *lose* village points due to her not being lynchable. So, Mel actually comes out neutral, now that I think of it, and I could lynch there too.

Cray and Trilt for the way they got on dolphin.

Skimble though I'm tunneling still I do not believe earned any sketch points but maybe ill look back later to make sure.

I also side-eye Mel and Cray for trying to cast shade on me, the only one cleared on thread by the seer 😛
 
********
Eevee's hat 😍

PMs out, Sporty's cooking write-up. Continue holding of thy hats! (Or eat them, whatever you'd like) @WildZoo
Hey man, I'm clean! I haven't eaten a hat in like...at least 4 months!
Send sudowoodo pics? 😉
Can this be a thing now? I want this to be a thing.
******
 
I want thoughts and feelz out of @Karabiner13, @SnowshoeDog143, @SARdoghandler in particular today. And more from @Melchizedek. (Send sudowoodo pics? 😉)

So far, I think I'm feeling:
Lynch Snowy

There was the kinda weird call-out of WZ defending Crayola that Capri pointed out yesterday; Dolphin has mentioned voting for her and actually did yesterday which I could WIFOM to oblivion; with Dolphin's flip moving Mel lower on my list that's my next area of interest.

I'm just checking in on my lunch break of clinical skills day to see night results. I'll try to get to detailed reads again tonight for you since I have to re-evaluate. Dolphin was really my biggest feel for the past few days so I have to go back in light of all the new info. I'll be the first to admit I'm not devoting as much time to the game as I really should be - I've had a bunch of surprise events come up the past few days that are limiting my activity but I'll try to pick it up for quality if not quantity later
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And more from @Melchizedek. (Send sudowoodo pics? 😉)
********

Hey man, I'm clean! I haven't eaten a hat in like...at least 4 months!

Can this be a thing now? I want this to be a thing.
******

e3i3cs7h.jpg

I'm not even surprised that this picture and more like it actually exist.

I also side-eye Mel and Cray for trying to cast shade on me, the only one cleared on thread by the seer 😛
Say what? When did this happen? I have not cast shade on you, and I completely missed where you were hard cleared.

Damnit Koffee. I was finally stepping him down in my suspicions and you point this out. Ugh.

OMG you two....
I'm not a wolf, bugger off 😛
 
e3i3cs7h.jpg

I'm not even surprised that this picture and more like it actually exist.


Say what? When did this happen? I have not cast shade on you, and I completely missed where you were hard cleared.



OMG you two....
I'm not a wolf, bugger off 😛
Ohh ok since you said it it must be true 😛

Also I guess it wasn't really as I said. You were asking Kara for opinion on me, not really shade I guess
 
Pushing dolphin when WZ was seered was great. Allowed for genuine reactions. That's why the Gwen counter was so integral.
 
also i don't think giovanni was battle killed. if the flavor in writeup is informative, fuchsia city gym leader = poison type, which could certainly kill without an external trace, right? so i'd think more vigilante. thanks koga.
 
I think I cleared this up in the next post. It was more about placing a vote on a leader. I am now looking at those who opposed a shelter lynch.

How? Did you have something to do with the hole?

What do you mean by my place on the shelter wagon? I had feels on Shelter from day 1.

Need to go look and see if you did look at those who opposed the shelter lynch

All of them, specifically the answers below. Do you have a stronger defense for someone else outside of self-pres?

Wolfy - dolphin
Sketch - AM, trilt, snowy
Neutral - Skim, SAR, capri, mel, koffee, ny, cray
No clue - Glam, kara, allie

OT - i think thats gonna be my next binge series

Might have missed it but why is trilt wolfy? Why are ny, capri, and cray village?
 
His play feels okay to me on the principle that I was wolfkilled. And I weirdly feel like he's more active here than the last game.

His play feels off, yes, but I figure there's good reason for that and in the face of AM (and possibly paws) being wolf killed N1 I have him pretty far down my list!

Even now that we know AM immediately called out a wolf under iffy circumstances? You seriously both don't think that could potentially bypass general preferences for not early killing someone?

I just see noooothing like his normal pushing this time. I'll pull data when I'm on laptop.

Mel's not cheap. He'll gladly take the challenge of me correctly wolfreading someone and leave me alive to pocket.

could definitely see mel taking out AM D1. Sorry AM but he prefers to not stab you in the back. I know from experience

I must have missed this comment. Also what is the use of battling for then if only villagers can battle?

Probably been hashed to bits but feels like frustrated wolf

I feel a bit better about koffee today. I'm going out with friends soon (and hopefulyy not drinking too much), so I might not post much more tonight unless I'm bored.

tl: dr excuses excuses 😉

why the change on koffee that day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should know that hat-eating confident means you're wrong! That's how the hat works!

I really kind of hate this post restriction!

Well you see, depends on the hat. Genny must have been using my hat rather than yours as eating my hat means you're confident and right whereas yours is wrong 😉

do you like these notifications, dubz?

what did you get out of those quotes? I know it's not unusual for you not to post analysis but I'm curious
 
@WildZoo I hate you for not night killing me. I know we like to keep each other around but we do have an agreement that we kill each other if we don't have the time to play. Obviously me dropping off for a long time should have indicated I have ended up with significantly less time than I usually have. I'll certainly remember this the next time I play. Although might be a long time til I play again
 
extremely rough but I'm caught up now. Definitely have a bazillion things I want to look at more but I need to get back to quilting.

feeling good about koffee
wolfy lean on snowy, capri, ny, mel
never know what to make of cray

AM is in her own category due to rez but won't convert hunt because it's not time

sar proved her ability but depends on am maybe

need to figure out thoughts on glam, jil, trilt

forgetting about mutts

could see there being a convert because of all the NK potential but could also see there not being a convert because of the NK potential. Regardless, not time to go there yet

for now

lynch snowy
 
This is beyond my generation knowledge. Pokemon nerds?
I think it's just flavor. [Type] plate is a held item that strengthens [Type] moves in battle. In-game, they're shown as rectangular tablets that are of a color relating to their type. It makes sense that there's a Psychic plate lying around a Psychic gym.

also i don't think giovanni was battle killed. if the flavor in writeup is informative, fuchsia city gym leader = poison type, which could certainly kill without an external trace, right? so i'd think more vigilante. thanks koga.
I was wondering if anyone successfully battled dolphin. I tried to, but was told (1) lots of people tried, (2) I didn't get to, and (3) details in write-up.

Off to go read Snowy and check on dolphin's interactions.

Also, as a fine point to @CoffeeQuestionMark - technically it wasn't a seer clearing, but you were confirmed to have been wolf-blocked (Gwen confirmed you fell in hole, followed by lynching the wolf blocker). It puts you solidly in the villager category for me, but is a little more uncertain than being alignment-seered as a villager.
 
extremely rough but I'm caught up now. Definitely have a bazillion things I want to look at more but I need to get back to quilting.

feeling good about koffee
wolfy lean on snowy, capri, ny, mel
never know what to make of cray

AM is in her own category due to rez but won't convert hunt because it's not time

sar proved her ability but depends on am maybe

need to figure out thoughts on glam, jil, trilt

forgetting about mutts

could see there being a convert because of all the NK potential but could also see there not being a convert because of the NK potential. Regardless, not time to go there yet

for now

lynch snowy

Right. I forgot there is probably a convert by now. After WZ and dolphin being towards my village list most of this game and flipping wolves, I'm not confident on my reads anymore let alone trying to find a convert.
 
Mutts- voted for shelter early on and helped start the dolphin lynch

capri- neutral. pressured WZ but didn’t vote her until late. Mostly seems to be not paying super close attention. Reminding me of myself this game so less sketchy. But voting middle to last on all the wolf lynches.

SAR - claimed brock. neutral play doesn’t sway me as village or wolfy.

Glamm - middle of every wolf vote. Kept saying she was going to look at stuff, but doesnt usually. Also I find a couple of her reactions to dolphin as weird. And sounded kinda like she was coaching shelter before voting her.

Skim - Probably wouldn’t have also voted for AM due to her self vote if another wolf already had. Early suspect of WZ and dolphin. Leaning village.

Trilt - I’m always bad at reading her. But seems village enough so far.
 
I think it's just flavor. [Type] plate is a held item that strengthens [Type] moves in battle. In-game, they're shown as rectangular tablets that are of a color relating to their type. It makes sense that there's a Psychic plate lying around a Psychic gym.


I was wondering if anyone successfully battled dolphin. I tried to, but was told (1) lots of people tried, (2) I didn't get to, and (3) details in write-up.

Off to go read Snowy and check on dolphin's interactions.

Also, as a fine point to @CoffeeQuestionMark - technically it wasn't a seer clearing, but you were confirmed to have been wolf-blocked (Gwen confirmed you fell in hole, followed by lynching the wolf blocker). It puts you solidly in the villager category for me, but is a little more uncertain than being alignment-seered as a villager.
It was not explicitly stated but genny described how WZ could figure out seer based on her vouches for me the previous day. Is also in line with "the strange huh" I felt N1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw snowy chose allie over dolphin yesterday, but otherwise I didn't see a lot of sketch.

Dolphin was a little more interesting
Here are the main posts from snowy if I successfully multiquoted lol. And it just seems odd, and claiming the weird comment about only villagers being able to battle. Then kind of side stepping to say well really it’s good bc I thought Stagg was most wolfy, then I think a few people ask why. And I didn’t see a response from snowy. The reasoning altogether doesn’t make sense for me nor scream villager.
Dolphin tried to throw shade onto Snowy on the same day that she role-claimed in self-preservation. I don't think they were into bussing at that point, since for most of the day it looked like allie could go down as easily as dolphin.

I’m gonna try today to not tunnel like I did on jboo in past games 🙁 and look at others instead of Mixy, even tho I’d keep my vote there bc my feels still exist. So the people that stayed on AM (which I shall do after lunccch/responsibilities).
So shelter, skim and Capri. Obvs I felt I could do skim, bc AM not answering doesn’t seem like a solid reason to stay on a lynch. But I don’t necessarily like shelter or capri’s reasons.
So for now

Lynch Capri
And on Sunday, they chose Capri over shelter and Skimble on their sketch lists. This moves capri into more of a villager territory for me. Also, while Skimble wasn't chosen, I don't think two wolves would vote for AM without at least one explicitly calling it out as a joke (surely voting AM would have merited a wolf discussion), so given that Shelter flipped wolf, I think Skimble is villager.

So far
Effectively cleared to me - AM, SAR, koffee
Villager lean - Capri, Snowy, Skimble (see above), Cray (early push on Shelter), nyan (D1 vote for WZ)
Mel - gets special category since I'm not seeing villager evidence right now, but I trust AM more than me at paying attention to this game and she has strong feels.
Wolf lean - Trilt, Kara, mutt

I know Kara claims they were busy, and I really get that (see my posting in this game), but I also don't like using "requested to be a villager" as a defense against sketchiness. As a mod, I don't think I'd honor that request (although I'd let the player know ahead of time so they could choose not to play).

I don't recall anything specifically villager about mutt. I remember someone else liked their reasoning, but that's it.

Trilt was really focused on allie over dolphin yesterday and didn't flip until others pointed out the strangeness of the role claim. Also, while Trilt has talked a lot, they weren't influential in the pushes on Shelter, WZ, or dolphin.

lynch Trilt

EDITED to fix where I accidentally said Trilt focused on kara instead of allie
 
Last edited:
Since WZ knew she had been seered, I personally suspect someone early on her vote is likely a wolf.

Here is the wz vote in order (I think):
Coffee, genny, nyan, Trilt, Gwen, Glamm, mutts, Melby, WZ, Skim, Capri, allie

Hmmm This made me think.. Here is the last post before genny told everyone WZ was a wolf.

D3 Lynch Tally
allie (1) - Snowy
WZ (3) - capri, Coffee, nyan
mutts ()
Dolph (3) - SAR, Melby, mutts
Gwen (3) - AM, Cray, WZ!!!
Mel (1) - Trilt
Coffee? ()

11/18

Lynch closes in ~ 2.5 hours

So looking at capri, coffee and ny. ny unlynch wz and lynched mutts just before genny's reveal and relynched her after. capri must have also unlynched at one time and relynched. Coffee just was pressuring people about why they weren't voting WZ which is weird. But also was all tied up so could be due to that.

Not what I expected. Why Gwen over WZ?

She asked dolphin this. Then made a comment to genny:

Not nearly as interesting as you making a 3-way tie instead of voting WZ or Gwen. You wanna know why? Because WZ is a wolf.

I like this side of genny

Seemed weird to me as if trying to decided if genny was the seer, but could just not be used to sassy genny.
 
I saw snowy chose allie over dolphin yesterday, but otherwise I didn't see a lot of sketch.

Dolphin was a little more interesting

Dolphin tried to throw shade onto Snowy on the same day that she role-claimed in self-preservation. I don't think they were into bussing at that point, since for most of the day it looked like allie could go down as easily as dolphin.


And on Sunday, they chose Capri over shelter and Skimble on their sketch lists. This moves capri into more of a villager territory for me. Also, while Skimble wasn't chosen, I don't think two wolves would vote for AM without at least one explicitly calling it out as a joke (surely voting AM would have merited a wolf discussion), so given that Shelter flipped wolf, I think Skimble is villager.

So far
Effectively cleared to me - AM, SAR, koffee
Villager lean - Capri, Snowy, Skimble (see above), Cray (early push on Shelter), nyan (D1 vote for WZ)
Mel - gets special category since I'm not seeing villager evidence right now, but I trust AM more than me at paying attention to this game and she has strong feels.
Wolf lean - Trilt, Kara, mutt

I know Kara claims they were busy, and I really get that (see my posting in this game), but I also don't like using "requested to be a villager" as a defense against sketchiness. As a mod, I don't think I'd honor that request (although I'd let the player know ahead of time so they could choose not to play).

I don't recall anything specifically villager about mutt. I remember someone else liked their reasoning, but that's it.

Trilt was really focused on kara over dolphin yesterday and didn't flip until others pointed out the strangeness of the role claim. Also, while Trilt has talked a lot, they weren't influential in the pushes on Shelter, WZ, or dolphin.

lynch Trilt
If I don't get my Skimble lynch I'm going here!

Unlynch Skimble
Lynch Trilt
 
I saw snowy chose allie over dolphin yesterday, but otherwise I didn't see a lot of sketch.

Dolphin was a little more interesting

Dolphin tried to throw shade onto Snowy on the same day that she role-claimed in self-preservation. I don't think they were into bussing at that point, since for most of the day it looked like allie could go down as easily as dolphin.


And on Sunday, they chose Capri over shelter and Skimble on their sketch lists. This moves capri into more of a villager territory for me. Also, while Skimble wasn't chosen, I don't think two wolves would vote for AM without at least one explicitly calling it out as a joke (surely voting AM would have merited a wolf discussion), so given that Shelter flipped wolf, I think Skimble is villager.

So far
Effectively cleared to me - AM, SAR, koffee
Villager lean - Capri, Snowy, Skimble (see above), Cray (early push on Shelter), nyan (D1 vote for WZ)
Mel - gets special category since I'm not seeing villager evidence right now, but I trust AM more than me at paying attention to this game and she has strong feels.
Wolf lean - Trilt, Kara, mutt

I know Kara claims they were busy, and I really get that (see my posting in this game), but I also don't like using "requested to be a villager" as a defense against sketchiness. As a mod, I don't think I'd honor that request (although I'd let the player know ahead of time so they could choose not to play).

I don't recall anything specifically villager about mutt. I remember someone else liked their reasoning, but that's it.

Trilt was really focused on kara over dolphin yesterday and didn't flip until others pointed out the strangeness of the role claim. Also, while Trilt has talked a lot, they weren't influential in the pushes on Shelter, WZ, or dolphin.

lynch Trilt

I like this logic, but it ends in lots of village cred for the people I think are sketchiest. I'm not a huge fan of kara's play as it's all been quiet and in the background.. but she loves wolfing so much, I feel that she would do a wz/pippy and be a lot more active and at the forefront if she was a wolf. Despite having a lot going on.