I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trilt was really focused on kara over dolphin yesterday and didn't flip until others pointed out the strangeness of the role claim. Also, while Trilt has talked a lot, they weren't influential in the pushes on Shelter, WZ, or dolphin.
Tyvm I was very focused on Allie, not Kara. 😉
 
Okay to revise my reads from iso-ing and other people's thoughts just now. I'm not counting conversion if that happened

Village lean: mutts, skim, mel, cray, capri, AM

neutral: SAR, ny, coffee, kara

Wolfy lean: Glam and Trilt.. but not hard feelz for either of those two. Just the most sketch of anyone.

Lynch Glam

even though I liked her last post analysis quite a bit. Tempted to switch to Trilt, but don't really have anything on her that seems especially wolfy.. just not a lot of village points. GLamm at least has a voting history in the middle of all the wolf lynches.
 
Might have missed it but why is trilt wolfy? Why are ny, capri, and cray village?

Trilt bc of the allie push; i think this is my second game with allie. in the first she was a wolf and almost radio silent - this seems like an active allie from my experience. It seems more like an allie push than an wolf hunt

Leaning village - i trust no one
Ny - claimed trainer
Capri - d2 dolphin was the sole person on her lynch, wouldnt make sense for her to be a wolf too
Cray - thought process/post content

Lynch Trilt
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw snowy chose allie over dolphin yesterday, but otherwise I didn't see a lot of sketch.

Dolphin was a little more interesting

Dolphin tried to throw shade onto Snowy on the same day that she role-claimed in self-preservation. I don't think they were into bussing at that point, since for most of the day it looked like allie could go down as easily as dolphin.


And on Sunday, they chose Capri over shelter and Skimble on their sketch lists. This moves capri into more of a villager territory for me. Also, while Skimble wasn't chosen, I don't think two wolves would vote for AM without at least one explicitly calling it out as a joke (surely voting AM would have merited a wolf discussion), so given that Shelter flipped wolf, I think Skimble is villager.

So far
Effectively cleared to me - AM, SAR, koffee
Villager lean - Capri, Snowy, Skimble (see above), Cray (early push on Shelter), nyan (D1 vote for WZ)
Mel - gets special category since I'm not seeing villager evidence right now, but I trust AM more than me at paying attention to this game and she has strong feels.
Wolf lean - Trilt, Kara, mutt

I know Kara claims they were busy, and I really get that (see my posting in this game), but I also don't like using "requested to be a villager" as a defense against sketchiness. As a mod, I don't think I'd honor that request (although I'd let the player know ahead of time so they could choose not to play).

I don't recall anything specifically villager about mutt. I remember someone else liked their reasoning, but that's it.

Trilt was really focused on kara over dolphin yesterday and didn't flip until others pointed out the strangeness of the role claim. Also, while Trilt has talked a lot, they weren't influential in the pushes on Shelter, WZ, or dolphin.

lynch Trilt
I do appreciate you actually being the first person to strongly point out my absolutely horrible voting record, though. I've been eyeballing everyone reading me village/strong village because when I put MYSELF into the same criteria as I used to get Allie, Mel & Dolphin after reading through two nights ago, I was actually sketchy player #4. Which makes me think I need to stick to not playing like I have been. :laugh:

Before the lynch train goes too crazy off the tracks, though, calm it guys. I was a x1 vig and am now vanilla after last night. These aren't the droids you're looking for.
 
idk, I never see that side of the coin people refer to
😍

I don’t think trilt is a wolf.

Lynch Skimble.

Today’s been a pretty bad pain day. I’m skimming and paying attention, but if you want something specific tag me.


Edit to add: I don’t think trilt is a wolf because her pushing me felt more like villager with a bone than a wolf trying to guide a mislynch
 
D5 Lynch Tally
KB (1) - AM
Cray ()
Snowy (3) - Trilt, KB, Coffee
Melby ()
Skimble (1) - Melby
Capri (1) - nyanko
Trilt (2) - Glamm, mutts
Glamm (1) - Snowy

9/13

Lynch closes in ~ 3 hours.

tumblr_oij937t4PB1tai552o3_400.gif
 
Cray has been questionable as of late too.
lol I've just been busy

This makes no sense, I'm just a name you like to throw out there. Where I was on shelter and my opinion on dolphin, I was trying to shade/kill 2 wolves? I even shaded WZ as well. I'm not saying that makes me a scum-hunting god, but I think I'm a ridiculous choice for a high risk suspect.

I've been busy with IRL, which I know, isn't usually like me but it happens. I'm still trying to read and play, but admittedly less PbPa and reads.

lynch Coffee

I've been thinking about it for days. I hope this is some ridiculous tunnel on her part, but all her posts have been bothering me.

That's probably all I got today, I'm heading out of town. I'll try to check back before deadline in case something exciting happens to change my mind.
 
lol I've just been busy

This makes no sense, I'm just a name you like to throw out there. Where I was on shelter and my opinion on dolphin, I was trying to shade/kill 2 wolves? I even shaded WZ as well. I'm not saying that makes me a scum-hunting god, but I think I'm a ridiculous choice for a high risk suspect.

I've been busy with IRL, which I know, isn't usually like me but it happens. I'm still trying to read and play, but admittedly less PbPa and reads.

lynch Coffee

I've been thinking about it for days. I hope this is some ridiculous tunnel on her part, but all her posts have been bothering me.

That's probably all I got today, I'm heading out of town. I'll try to check back before deadline in case something exciting happens to change my mind.
Cray, she has been seered AND was tracked being blocked; I think that's probably a wrong lynch. 😛
 
In my opinion those that should be looked at would be ones driving the dolphin lynch after the role reveal. I'm guessing that the battle thing wasnt thought through. Mel gets village points for addressing that. Then again, anybody trying to push a dolphon lynch in place of WZ should *lose* village points due to her not being lynchable. So, Mel actually comes out neutral, now that I think of it, and I could lynch there too.

Cray and Trilt for the way they got on dolphin.

Skimble though I'm tunneling still I do not believe earned any sketch points but maybe ill look back later to make sure.

I also side-eye Mel and Cray for trying to cast shade on me, the only one cleared on thread by the seer 😛
oh wait, I missed that

unlynch Coffee

but seriously get off my dick

I am not the sketchiest player on the board, so good job trying to start my mislynch for the wolves, I'm sure they'll appreciate that

you also realize that you're now prime target for conversion, if that can happen?

I probably wouldn't have bragged about being cleared by the seer on thread unless I really needed to defend from lynching, I don't care it was out there already, I missed it, and you never know what wolves can miss unless you scream things they like to know on thread for no great reason
 
e3i3cs7h.jpg

I'm not even surprised that this picture and more like it actually exist.


Say what? When did this happen? I have not cast shade on you, and I completely missed where you were hard cleared.



OMG you two....
I'm not a wolf, bugger off 😛
glad to know I'm not the only one that missed the hard clear
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😍

I don’t think trilt is a wolf.

Lynch Skimble.

Today’s been a pretty bad pain day. I’m skimming and paying attention, but if you want something specific tag me.
Unlynch Snowy
Lynch Skimble


oh wait, I missed that

unlynch Coffee

but seriously get off my dick

I am not the sketchiest player on the board, so good job trying to start my mislynch for the wolves, I'm sure they'll appreciate that

you also realize that you're now prime target for conversion, if that can happen?

I probably wouldn't have bragged about being cleared by the seer on thread unless I really needed to defend from lynching, I don't care it was out there already, I missed it, and you never know what wolves can miss unless you scream things they like to know on thread for no great reason
So you can mislynch me but I can't mislynch you? 😛

P.S. I was only on you for like a hot second
 
@WildZoo I hate you for not night killing me. I know we like to keep each other around but we do have an agreement that we kill each other if we don't have the time to play. Obviously me dropping off for a long time should have indicated I have ended up with significantly less time than I usually have. I'll certainly remember this the next time I play. Although might be a long time til I play again

extremely rough but I'm caught up now. Definitely have a bazillion things I want to look at more but I need to get back to quilting.

feeling good about koffee
wolfy lean on snowy, capri, ny, mel
never know what to make of cray

AM is in her own category due to rez but won't convert hunt because it's not time

sar proved her ability but depends on am maybe

need to figure out thoughts on glam, jil, trilt

forgetting about mutts

could see there being a convert because of all the NK potential but could also see there not being a convert because of the NK potential. Regardless, not time to go there yet

for now

lynch snowy

these feel insincere to me
 
:smack:
And I knew that, just got confused since I was just talking to Kara. Off to edit.


Except for the part where I was early on Shelter and doubled down after Shelter responded.

Oh .... Well now everyone is looking a lot village. How does everyone feel about Glamm? I like her logic today, so with Trilt as a vig that leaves me with

Lynch Kara
 
Koffee, I almost can’t wait until I’m mod verified village, just so that you stop mentioning me. Also, please, no one ever trust koffee’s reads of me.

@Crayola227 - what is with the freak out about Koffee being on you?! I’m pretty sure she had voted to lynch me every single day. It’s really getting old.

Oh .... Well now everyone is looking a lot village. How does everyone feel about Glamm? I like her logic today, so with Trilt as a vig that leaves me with

Lynch Kara
I think glamm is pretty solid village due to something she said today.

Lynch Trilt

In a game where we are all vigilante’s in a way, I have a hard time believing there would be an actual vigilante too.
 
Koffee, I almost can’t wait until I’m mod verified village, just so that you stop mentioning me. Also, please, no one ever trust koffee’s reads of me.

@Crayola227 - what is with the freak out about Koffee being on you?! I’m pretty sure she had voted to lynch me every single day. It’s really getting old.


I think glamm is pretty solid village due to something she said today.

Lynch Trilt

In a game where we are all vigilante’s in a way, I have a hard time believing there would be an actual vigilante too.
...so the write up is lying? And Glamm?
 
Koffee, I almost can’t wait until I’m mod verified village, just so that you stop mentioning me. Also, please, no one ever trust koffee’s reads of me.

@Crayola227 - what is with the freak out about Koffee being on you?! I’m pretty sure she had voted to lynch me every single day. It’s really getting old.


I think glamm is pretty solid village due to something she said today.

Lynch Trilt

In a game where we are all vigilante’s in a way, I have a hard time believing there would be an actual vigilante too.

This is a fair point
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay to revise my reads from iso-ing and other people's thoughts just now. I'm not counting conversion if that happened

Village lean: mutts, skim, mel, cray, capri, AM

neutral: SAR, ny, coffee, kara

Wolfy lean: Glam and Trilt.. but not hard feelz for either of those two. Just the most sketch of anyone.

Lynch Glam

even though I liked her last post analysis quite a bit. Tempted to switch to Trilt, but don't really have anything on her that seems especially wolfy.. just not a lot of village points. GLamm at least has a voting history in the middle of all the wolf lynches.
Why are Glam and Trilt wolfy leans if you didn't really have any reason to categorize them as wolfy?
 
1. muttmanager - likely village
2. Skimble - village
3. capri1722 - likely village
6. Animal Midwife - rezzed likely as a villager
8. Trilt - wolfy
9. nyanko - who knows, but village lean
11. CoffeeQuestionMark - tunneling, but village
12. SARdoghandler - Brock, pretty solid village, rezzed AM
13. SnowshoeDog143 - don’t know
20. Melchizedek - leaning village today
21. Karabiner13 - don’t know
22. Crayola227 - don’t know
24. Glammyre - likely village
 
1. muttmanager - likely village
2. Skimble - village
3. capri1722 - likely village
6. Animal Midwife - rezzed likely as a villager
8. Trilt - wolfy
9. nyanko - who knows, but village lean
11. CoffeeQuestionMark - tunneling, but village
12. SARdoghandler - Brock, pretty solid village, rezzed AM
13. SnowshoeDog143 - don’t know
20. Melchizedek - leaning village today
21. Karabiner13 - don’t know
22. Crayola227 - don’t know
24. Glammyre - likely village

Okay, so you don't think Trilt shot dolphin? Why is capri village?
 
Like mechanics solving bothers me. I want analysis solving.
I thought Trilt was wolfy based on feels, but then I didn’t like the ability claim.

...so the write up is lying? And Glamm?
I have to re-read the write up, but I didn’t read it as a vig kill the first time I read it. I’m not saying glam lied, I just think she doesn’t know that for sure, and really, her theory gave you a perfect ability claim.
 
I thought Trilt was wolfy based on feels, but then I didn’t like the ability claim.


I have to re-read the write up, but I didn’t read it as a vig kill the first time I read it. I’m not saying glam lied, I just think she doesn’t know that for sure, and really, her theory gave you a perfect ability claim.
Ny actually made the theory @Trilt

I buy it because it has been obvious which is battle kills. Dolphin's death did not involve pokemon
 
Like mechanics solving bothers me. I want analysis solving.
Mechanics designing and solving is fun, though. It's what makes SDN games so different than any other WW I've found online; our ridiculous game design.

For example, there just has to be some mechanism stopping the wolves from easily dying in battles. Otherwise, yeah, there's a whole damn game of vigs and that's terrifying.

I thought a fair bit about this last night while trying to decide whether to bother killing Dolphin vs letting her go down in a pile of battles and decided that the risk of the wolves being OP or some other mechanism being in place was high. How many battles do we think Giovanni would have won? What sort of mechanisms sort the order of operations for them when there's multiple battles at once? These are all mod-side questions that I love pondering.

What I'm going to spend my drive home pondering, though, is who would have let dolphin use such an absolute piss poor cover role?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, @SnowshoeDog143 and @capri1722 can I hear some updated reads?
Trilt and Snowy are pinging me the hardest. Yes, I did see Trilt's role claim. I thought there was someone else pinging me but I don't remember now. Maybe Glam? I'm not sure about her one way or another. Village leans I have are you (AM), Koffee, SAR, Skimble, and lightly Cray.
Ooh are we convert hunting yet? :heckyeah: Who are your top picks? (Edit: I'm like…three-quarters kidding)
This is beyond my generation knowledge. Pokemon nerds?
I think it's just flavor. [Type] plate is a held item that strengthens [Type] moves in battle. In-game, they're shown as rectangular tablets that are of a color relating to their type. It makes sense that there's a Psychic plate lying around a Psychic gym.
Probably irrelevant, but [Type] plates also change Arceus' type.
lynch capri after some ISOing. not super strong feelings on it though tbh.
Can I ask what kind of feelings?
also i don't think giovanni was battle killed. if the flavor in writeup is informative, fuchsia city gym leader = poison type, which could certainly kill without an external trace, right? so i'd think more vigilante. thanks koga.
Well I guess technically anyone who can battle is a weak vigilante.
and i don't think koga battled giovanni either since giovanni had a nidoqueen. but someone with a psychic/flying/fairy pokemon wrecked allie's machop!
I think that "someone" is pretty easy to figure out, but I digress.
capri- neutral. pressured WZ but didn’t vote her until late. Mostly seems to be not paying super close attention. Reminding me of myself this game so less sketchy. But voting middle to last on all the wolf lynches.
Bold - accurate af :laugh:
Underline - false, as I see you found. I was first on WZ and then I pulled a Cray and posted as I caught up. This resulted in me putting my lynch votes in my catch-up posts, when my first catch-up post was right after genny revealed. So I unlynched, said I might come back, and then immediately re-lynched once I caught up.
If I don't get my Skimble lynch I'm going here!
staaaaahhhhhp tunneling
Like mechanics solving bothers me. I want analysis solving.
But but I like solving mechanics 😢