I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1) yes, I know that wz may have lied about knowing she had been seered, we don’t really have any way of knowing, unless other people you have seered can confirm they were notified, BUT I’m not asking for anyone to claim that. I know I haven’t been notified of any actions done on me.
2) did you look at my follow up post? I said I would have voted Trilt if she had voted dubz prior to your info drop, but she didn’t, she voted after. I am most certainly more interested in who voted for her prior to your info drop.
Fwiw you need to actually read the whole lynch not just look at the end result. Several people lynched WZ and then moved off through the day. I'm kinda uncertain how to read them. See my reads near lynch close for tl; dr lol.
 
1) yes, I know that wz may have lied about knowing she had been seered, we don’t really have any way of knowing, unless other people you have seered can confirm they were notified, BUT I’m not asking for anyone to claim that. I know I haven’t been notified of any actions done on me.
2) did you look at my follow up post? I said I would have voted Trilt if she had voted dubz prior to your info drop, but she didn’t, she voted after. I am most certainly more interested in who voted for her prior to your info drop.
So here's who voted for WZ prior to info drop:

D3 Lynch Tally 9hrs til close
allie (1) - Trilt
WZ (4) - capri, Coffee, nyan, Gwen
mutts (1) - Melby
Dolph (1) - SAR

D3 Lynch Tally 4.75hrs til close
allie ()
WZ (3) - capri, Coffee, nyan
mutts (1) - Melby
Dolph (1) - SAR
Gwen (1) - AM
Mel (1) - Trilt
Coffee? (1) - WZ

D3 Lynch Tally 2.5hrs til close
allie (1) - Snowy
WZ (3) - capri, Coffee, nyan
mutts ()
Dolph (3) - SAR, Melby, mutts
Gwen (3) - AM, Cray, WZ!!!
Mel (1) - Trilt
Coffee? ()

D3 Lynch Tally 1.5hrs til close
allie (1) - Snowy
WZ (3) - capri, Coffee, genny
mutts (1) - ny
Dolph (4) - SAR, Melby, mutts, Skim
Gwen (4) - AM, Cray, WZ!!!, dolph
Mel (1) - Trilt
Coffee? ()

Got any thoughts on that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because I don't know how to defend against the reasons you're giving? I can't help that you think I've played poorly as a villager. Sorry. I *hate* last minute waffle fests because more often than not we lynch a defenseless villager. Which is why I said that even if my phone had battery life left at the end of that lynch, I may not have voted for shelter anyway. I personally was never on the shelter-train in thinking that she was a wolf...I vote for people I think are wolfy and I just wasn't feeling it at the time.

So besides retalitory thinking trilt is sketch, who else is do you think is wolfy?

please elaborate how I'm still wolfy "especially after the WZ flip"

I had you as a potential along with cray to look into if WZ flips wolf... I can't find why now looking back. Maybe because you let her off the hook for voting stagg d1, but you didn't for SAR and Cray?

i'd rather vote for mutts today

is this an invitation of some sort?

Why mutts?
 
D4 Lynch Tally
Skimble ()
allie (5) - Trilt, AM, Snowy, capri, KB
Trilt ()
Dolphin (5) - mutts, Melby, allie, SAR, Glamm
mutts (1) - nyan
Snowy (2) - Dolph, Coffee

Role call: @Skimble @Crayola227 @genny

13/16
Lynch closes in ~ 1 hour.

tenor.gif
 
I would guess the others were vanilla if no ability was stated.


I tried to battle stagg and was successful.. so I might have killed him accidently. I didn't realize battles ended in actual death...


Weird that posting restriction would take preference before death.

I must have missed this comment. Also what is the use of battling for then if only villagers can battle?

Here are the main posts from snowy if I successfully multiquoted lol. And it just seems odd, and claiming the weird comment about only villagers being able to battle. Then kind of side stepping to say well really it’s good bc I thought Stagg was most wolfy, then I think a few people ask why. And I didn’t see a response from snowy. The reasoning altogether doesn’t make sense for me nor scream villager.

Okay so since stagg had already been attacked and lost HP, why should I have not battled him if I thought he was most wolfy sounding? I didn't think it would end in his death, but I thought it would give him restrictions (silencing, losing his action) which is why I battled one of the ones I thought was most wolfy. From what you are saying, it sounds like I shouldn't have done anything because he had lost HP so I assume you already thought he was village. (sorry if this is confusing)
 
I thinkni missed some quotes.
Snowy what made you feel better about me?

Your discussion as I kept reading just reads village. Some naivity mixed with good logic. All over the place, but tunneling certain people. idk.. the more you talk the more I see an active villager. I don't think you would have written some things you did if you were a wolf (I don't remember off the top of my head what they were, but eventually someday I'll probably iso you and find them)

@SnowshoeDog143 do you think Cray is wolf? Also weird that you would say "if WZ flips wolf" as if you had her on your sketch list but then your very next post outlines exactly who you think is wolfy (emphasis added)...

...and WZ isn't included.

I didn't have wz as super sketch at that time. She was in my neutral zone. But that is a pretty hard defense of a player.. it is either her trying to gain village cred with another villager (cray) or defending a fellow wolf so we only see her as village. I may be wrong, but since she tried to defend shelter, I'm guessing she wouldn't have hard defended cray as well.
 
DISCLAIMER: On reread I noticed Glamm almost admitted to being involved in battle with Stagg.
Did you mea "also" admitted? I thought I made it clear that I was, and I thought you read that since I confused you and Snowy when making that point.

These are all super valid things for ALLIE to have brought up. As her defense. I'm not rewarding her dropping a teeny bit of info and letting everyone hypothesize on it (which yes, I've annoyingly done already. Lol).
Normally I would, but it looked like Capri was building a train on Allie for mechanics-based reasons. I got upset for the same reason I got mad at people voting for WZ because of her post restriction. When there are valid reasons to do so, it's weird to ignore them and jump to faulty mechanics. Your case is fine.

...Actually, that gives me an idea. Let me re-read how WZ got out of being the front-runner yesterday. Koffee (I think) reminded me that WZ claimed to know she was seered. I can believe that WZ would have known she was seered but still fought back so that the seer would out themselves, in which case those first on and first off the lynch are suspect.
 
Here are the main posts from snowy if I successfully multiquoted lol. And it just seems odd, and claiming the weird comment about only villagers being able to battle. Then kind of side stepping to say well really it’s good bc I thought Stagg was most wolfy, then I think a few people ask why. And I didn’t see a response from snowy. The reasoning altogether doesn’t make sense for me nor scream villager.
If Snowy, as a wolf, killed Stagg in a battle, why would she say anything about it? Why attract the scrutiny?
 
So here's who voted for WZ prior to info drop:

D3 Lynch Tally 9hrs til close
allie (1) - Trilt
WZ (4) - capri, Coffee, nyan, Gwen
mutts (1) - Melby
Dolph (1) - SAR

D3 Lynch Tally 4.75hrs til close
allie ()
WZ (3) - capri, Coffee, nyan
mutts (1) - Melby
Dolph (1) - SAR
Gwen (1) - AM
Mel (1) - Trilt
Coffee? (1) - WZ

D3 Lynch Tally 2.5hrs til close
allie (1) - Snowy
WZ (3) - capri, Coffee, nyan
mutts ()
Dolph (3) - SAR, Melby, mutts
Gwen (3) - AM, Cray, WZ!!!
Mel (1) - Trilt
Coffee? ()

D3 Lynch Tally 1.5hrs til close
allie (1) - Snowy
WZ (3) - capri, Coffee, genny
mutts (1) - ny
Dolph (4) - SAR, Melby, mutts, Skim
Gwen (4) - AM, Cray, WZ!!!, dolph
Mel (1) - Trilt
Coffee? ()

Got any thoughts on that?

Hmm... If the wolves thought she was going down anyways and tried to jump on her lynch first.. looks like capri or coffee. Ny would have probably peaced out after her vote if she was a wolf instead of changing it last minute.

Here are the main posts from snowy if I successfully multiquoted lol. And it just seems odd, and claiming the weird comment about only villagers being able to battle. Then kind of side stepping to say well really it’s good bc I thought Stagg was most wolfy, then I think a few people ask why. And I didn’t see a response from snowy. The reasoning altogether doesn’t make sense for me nor scream villager.

Dude. I misunderstood what Gwen was saying...
 
Did you mea "also" admitted? I thought I made it clear that I was, and I thought you read that since I confused you and Snowy when making that point.


Normally I would, but it looked like Capri was building a train on Allie for mechanics-based reasons. I got upset for the same reason I got mad at people voting for WZ because of her post restriction. When there are valid reasons to do so, it's weird to ignore them and jump to faulty mechanics. Your case is fine.

...Actually, that gives me an idea. Let me re-read how WZ got out of being the front-runner yesterday. Koffee (I think) reminded me that WZ claimed to know she was seered. I can believe that WZ would have known she was seered but still fought back so that the seer would out themselves, in which case those first on and first off the lynch are suspect.
Yes also! Just to state that the Stagg death is not the reason
 
Hmm... If the wolves thought she was going down anyways and tried to jump on her lynch first.. looks like capri or coffee. Ny would have probably peaced out after her vote if she was a wolf instead of changing it last minute.



Dude. I misunderstood what Gwen was saying...
I wasn’t picking up what she was putting down about tracker but that doesn’t seem to be a valid excuse.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure I 100% believe WZ, but it's very possible coffee was wolf blocked last night and that's why she fell in the hole before battling WZ

hmm I still don't like the allie early on posts. And her lack of defense. And her lack of suspicion of other players.. but I don't know if she would have brought up another posting restriction comment when WZ mentioned that if she was also a wolf. But then I read through and she also made this comment which would make sense if she already knew wz had blocked coffee..
 
If Snowy, as a wolf, killed Stagg in a battle, why would she say anything about it? Why attract the scrutiny?
That’s the only part that makes me a smidge confused I had some crazy ideas running around my head earlier but they’re really odd and also don’t make complete sense. But I don’t necessarily agree with Allie being lynched and I don’t want to die. So I was going off of my feelings, and giving my posts that I felt supported it. Clearly I’m just gonna have to reveal.
 
Not trying to tunnel her.. I feel less sure about her now reading through, but Allie is going to be an egg to be cracked.. and I still find many of her posts sketch so I'll stick with my vote for today.
 
lynch Allie

I had feels from her earlier, I stated I didn't like her logic, she was testy even for her early game, and from what I can tell has dropped off. Also I like her lynch better than dolph's for the moment
 
lynch Allie

I had feels from her earlier, I stated I didn't like her logic, she was testy even for her early game, and from what I can tell has dropped off. Also I like her lynch better than dolph's for the moment

Cray, you don't have to sheep me. I'm not infallible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp here goes, my role name is Fergus, he’s a Pokémon trainer from the first movie, I honestly didn’t recognize his name just his picture. But I have an ability as well lynch avoidance.
 
...And the backtracking was not nearly as informative as I was hoping, probably because so few people were talking and most of that was about Gwen, coffee, and falling into a hole. I am more suspicious about SAR now, though.

I'm not liking the fast bandwagon building on WZ with half of them based on mechanics. Last game I ran, I allowed night actions of certain roles to go through before death so I don't think that WZ having a post restriction is affiliation indicative
Only 1/4 of the votes were because of the post restriction. Another 2 were about them being a potential wolf blocker, which means that they were mechanics votes, but it seems weird to request a slowdown to the wagon because of Gwen's post-restriction vote.

Quoting these just to say that I really don't think the blocker would be a wolf. Based on blocking choices reported so far, it reads very village to me.

Follow-up post. This could be SAR being a terrible wolf (if protecting WZ when knowing she was seered and would be outed), SAR being a good wolf to protect WZ if WZ is lying about thinking they were seered (and lying is possible since wolf-brag came after genny said something), or SAR being a misguided villager. SAR also didn't move onto shelter D2 except in self-preservation ~1hr before lynch, so I can't give them credit for shelter.

I'm interested in seeing how @dolphin106258 flips today (speaking of, has there been a defense?), but will revisit SAR tomorrow.

As for the three possibilities listed above - I am currently leaning towards SAR being sketch for the posts and shelter placement, which means that WZ lied about getting results that made the wolf pack think they'd been seered. I also don't think I want to fish for more information about seering mechanics tonight.

Also, I really need to remember to lie about notifications of being seered if I find myself in WZ's position in a future game.
 
Welp here goes, my role name is Fergus, he’s a Pokémon trainer from the first movie, I honestly didn’t recognize his name just his picture. But I have an ability as well lynch avoidance.
really...lynch avoidance...that's the best reveal you wolves can come up with...
 
...And the backtracking was not nearly as informative as I was hoping, probably because so few people were talking and most of that was about Gwen, coffee, and falling into a hole. I am more suspicious about SAR now, though.


Only 1/4 of the votes were because of the post restriction. Another 2 were about them being a potential wolf blocker, which means that they were mechanics votes, but it seems weird to request a slowdown to the wagon because of Gwen's post-restriction vote.



Follow-up post. This could be SAR being a terrible wolf (if protecting WZ when knowing she was seered and would be outed), SAR being a good wolf to protect WZ if WZ is lying about thinking they were seered (and lying is possible since wolf-brag came after genny said something), or SAR being a misguided villager. SAR also didn't move onto shelter D2 except in self-preservation ~1hr before lynch, so I can't give them credit for shelter.

I'm interested in seeing how @dolphin106258 flips today (speaking of, has there been a defense?), but will revisit SAR tomorrow.

As for the three possibilities listed above - I am currently leaning towards SAR being sketch for the posts and shelter placement, which means that WZ lied about getting results that made the wolf pack think they'd been seered. I also don't think I want to fish for more information about seering mechanics tonight.

Also, I really need to remember to lie about notifications of being seered if I find myself in WZ's position in a future game.
SAR revived AM
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp here goes, my role name is Fergus, he’s a Pokémon trainer from the first movie, I honestly didn’t recognize his name just his picture. But I have an ability as well lynch avoidance.
#notsketchatall

unlynch Allie, lynch dolphin

if you're not a wolf and that's a real name/ability, you have very valid rights to be peeved at the mods for giving you a **** sandwich of a role lol.