I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@MixedAnimals77 Went back to check, because you had been battled but it was ineffective (and it was early on/we weren't really sure of battle mechanics), we thought you might be a threat/in general harder to kill via battles.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Speaking of this, who all did the wolves actually kill? Also, in N2, my message was "everyone and their mother came to battle you". How many people actually attacked me?
We killed AM, Paws, Mixy, gwen, genny, and ny. I think that was it? Maybe we killed SAR too.

We battled you the night you died I think but weren't the cause of death if I remember correctly

N1
dolphin killed paws
karabou killed AM
shelter battled AM
dubz blocked koffee

N2
dolphin killed mixy
dubz battled stagg and blocked koffee

N3
dolphin killed gwen
karabou (arbok) battled koffee

N4
karabou killed genny and battled (togetic) koffee

N5
Karabou killed ny and battled (bulbasaur) sar

I think I got it all right?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah, i forgot about the whole being redirected onto myself thing, which happened n1 i think? Totally forgot to look for the redirector.
Yup, n1 I suspected you were a wolf because I thought you were trying to pocket me. I almost did it again n2, because you were still giving me wolfy vibes.
I really do make lucky guesses based on false assumptions I guess
Ahem... and sometimes you are just REALLY wrong!

I did this! That's how I knew @Skimble was village. (Also did you really not get notified that I battled you N1?)
You almost killed me! Luckily I had found a stupid yanma or I’d have died right along with my sweet starmie. I did get notified of being battled practically EVERY night, but I didn’t get any other notifications of actions being done to me.

Reactions: 2 users
Yup, n1 I suspiyou were a wolf because I thought you were trying to pocket me. I almost did it again n2, because you were still giving me wolfy vibes.
And then I would have blocked myself and koffee would have battled me and I would have died :laugh: actually the reason i blocked koffee again n2 was because i wasn't 100% sure if i had been redirected n1 or if it was something to do with her ability, so i wanted to test it

I honestly wasn't trying to pocket you, I was trying to obscure my defense of shelter by defending some villagers (you and cray) really strongly as well. I rarely really try to pocket anyone except maybe kara or MJ.

I wasn't trying to pocket @SARdoghandler either but apparently that happened anyway ;)

Reactions: 1 users
You almost killed me! Luckily I had found a stupid yanma or I’d have died right along with my sweet starmie. I did get notified of being battled practically EVERY night, but I didn’t get any other notifications of actions being done to me.
I'm sorry! I hoped I would get some kind of confirmation you were village because I was paranoid since you and I agreed a lot on D1 & D2 that you might be pocketing me. :sorry:

i got no notifications of any actions being done to me until i was killed. i was sitting here like COME AT ME BRO

7b79O4x.gif

...but nobody ever did...

Reactions: 3 users
I compiled these posts so I would remember to go back and give them the likes they deserved once the game was over ;)

Noted for defense of cray if WZ flips wolf

Lynch Gwen

Focused on AM and threw some shade her way, seemed very non-committal to anything yesterday. I still don't think that any wolves have been front and center and she could def fit the part of wolf sitting back and letting village yell at each other.

OKish
Stagg
Snowy
Kara
Crayola
WZ
Koffee

I'm not liking the fast bandwagon building on WZ with half of them based on mechanics. Last game I ran, I allowed night actions of certain roles to go through before death so I don't think that WZ having a post restriction is affiliation indicative

The more I go back and look at Capri's voting record and timing etc from the past two days, the more I am starting to agree with you on this. Either good wolf position or very unfortunate villager voting pattern (which, granted, I've been there)

Should I just always assume my reads on Dubz are opposite reality?

unlynch whomever, lynch WZ.

I'll re-read this **** after lynch close I guess.

Is it bad that I still agree with >half of Dubz' posts even knowing she was bad news? :laugh: I seriously give up on ever reading her right.

And trout...

But Dubz wouldn't apparently. Hmm. Lol.

rereading and realized I missed this. it was a poorly landed joke about dubz being OK with killing you off the get-go (if wolfy).

These gave me a heart attack and I didn't know whether to laugh at the joke or what so I hardcore pretended I didn't see them :laugh:

So what if your role already had 6 pokemon? Could you catch/carry more or was there a 6 pokemon limit like in the games?

Speaking of this, who all did the wolves actually kill? Also, in N2, my message was "everyone and their mother came to battle you". How many people actually attacked me?
Theoretically you could have as many as RNG let you have.

Paws, AM, Mixy, battled you to death, gwen, genny, battled SAR to death, and ny (who was supposed to be Trilt oops)

Theoretically you could have as many as RNG let you have.

Paws, AM, Mixy, battled you to death, gwen, genny, battled SAR to death, and ny (who was supposed to be Trilt oops)
Oh so we did kill him. Sweet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh so we did kill him. Sweet.
Oh I forgot to answer that question. You were a contributing factor to the death, but KD and I didn't really sit there and figure out who would've landed the death hit. Didn't really matter for that.

I did, however, go through this morning and figure out if Kara was alive or not, based on when everyone sent in their night actions, because some would have been super effective against some of her pokemon but not others, so it depended on exactly WHICH Pokemon fainted when, by what attacks.

So @Stagg737 to answer your question, I think 3-4 people battled you. But that's going off memory.

I actually kind of want to know a few things from the crowd

1) If dolphin had claimed vanilla (presumably with a role that made sense), would y'all have moved off of her?
2) If she had claimed a better role, but still the lynch avoidance, @Trilt would you have reconsidered the vig shot? I figured you still would have taken it but I was curious.

You, Mel, AM and Kara/Dubz

So keep up your sodium intake.
Wait, what did I originally RNG?
I knew it couldn’t have been luck that I keep getting messenger/PM roles!
I submitted your name in the morning. After I gloriously managed to escape a lynch I knew I should be lynched in, I changed to trilt. but the mods killed you instead
Only cuz I wasn’t paying attention :p

N5
Karabou killed ny and battled (bulbasaur) sar

How dare you manage to kill my Mega Rock Worm with a lowly bulbasaur so easily when I struggled grinding for DAYS in pokemon yellow to beat Brock with a different pokemon because Bulbasaur was so freaking useless

I wasn't trying to pocket @SARdoghandler either but apparently that happened anyway ;)

We don't need yet another reminder of how easy it is to pocket me... :oops: I mean, I like to think one day I'd learn. But I didn't learn in the noob game and clearly still haven't learned now.

1) If dolphin had claimed vanilla (presumably with a role that made sense), would y'all have moved off of her?.

I, personally, unless it was a hella good role claim, would not have likely moved off of her. The posts I pointed out in the early game just sounded way too wolfy to me. Exactly like Kara's post about being pissy WZ wouldn't kill her set off all the alarm bells - only the temporary Ash claim got her out of that one for me.

How dare you manage to kill my Mega Rock Worm with a lowly bulbasaur so easily when I struggled grinding for DAYS in pokemon yellow to beat Brock with a different pokemon because Bulbasaur was so freaking useless

We don't need yet another reminder of how easy it is to pocket me... :oops: I mean, I like to think one day I'd learn. But I didn't learn in the noob game and clearly still haven't learned now.

I, personally, unless it was a hella good role claim, would not have likely moved off of her. The posts I pointed out in the early game just sounded way too wolfy to me. Exactly like Kara's post about being pissy WZ wouldn't kill her set off all the alarm bells - only the temporary Ash claim got her out of that one for me.
I had the really excellent idea that we should have had her claim protector...but of course I had that idea after I was dead :laugh: and that is complicated by all of the PRs being a particular type of role, so she would have been found out eventually, but it might have worked for a day or two!

How did HP work?
Super effective = OHKO
Normal effective = 1/2 health damage
Not very effective = 1/4 health damage
Not effective = did nada

Wait, what did I originally RNG?
I knew it couldn’t have been luck that I keep getting messenger/PM roles!
Nothing. I went, "I want to see Mel as Ash. His PMs are fun to watch."
So we gave you Ash and RNG'd around you :p

It would have been interesting to see this game go on longer if only to let the battle mechanic play out more. Eventually I feel like it would become a kind of logic puzzle and it would be neat to see whether villagers or wolves figured out which Pokemon to use against which players first.

Maybe villagers would have gotten more cautious about battling as the game went on.

Nothing. I went, "I want to see Mel as Ash. His PMs are fun to watch."
So we gave you Ash and RNG'd around you :p
Sorry I wasn’t more entertaining, I was having a hard time keeping everything straight just from the thread I knew more and more PM’s would just make my life harder and give me headaches, so I just kept it to trilt and AM. My biggest fan and my biggest critic.

It would have been interesting to see this game go on longer if only to let the battle mechanic play out more. Eventually I feel like it would become a kind of logic puzzle and it would be neat to see whether villagers or wolves figured out which Pokemon to use against which players first.

Maybe villagers would have gotten more cautious about battling as the game went on.
That's what I was hoping for. A little bummed it didn't pan out that way, but that's okay

@capri1722 used it, at least. And she was spot on in her role PM, dang. Just with everything. VIP player.

That's what I was hoping for. A little bummed it didn't pan out that way, but that's okay

@capri1722 used it, at least. And she was spot on in her role PM, dang. Just with everything. VIP player.
Just means you can adapt and modify it for a future game :D it's what I'm doing with all the unused mechanics from Supernatural...

I certainly got more cautious. I battled Stagg once to figure out what it did. Once it was certain you could kill villagers, I didn't battle again until you the same night you battled and killed me haha

1) If dolphin had claimed vanilla (presumably with a role that made sense), would y'all have moved off of her?
2) If she had claimed a better role, but still the lynch avoidance, @Trilt would you have reconsidered the vig shot? I figured you still would have taken it but I was curious.

I was dead but I would have voted/stayed on Dolphin, as she was in my top 2-3 wolf reads from early game (she had a response to Koffee about chaos that gave me major feels) and was actually up for lynch.

LYNCH avoidance specifically did it for me. I was skimming while totting that day and don’t remember seeing her role claim, but her specifically saying LYNCH avoidance vs DEATH/KILL avoidance was what did it for me. I know villagers can have lynch only avoidance and wolves can have death avoidance (more often if there’s some other kind of night killing), but saying it was a lynch avoidance and not kill/death made it more wolfy to me.
So no a different role name would not have worked for me in tot chat :laugh:

LYNCH avoidance specifically did it for me. I was skimming while totting that day and don’t remember seeing her role claim, but her specifically saying LYNCH avoidance vs DEATH/KILL avoidance was what did it for me. I know villagers can have lynch only avoidance and wolves can have death avoidance (more often if there’s some other kind of night killing), but saying it was a lynch avoidance and not kill/death made it more wolfy to me.
So no a different role name would not have worked for me in tot chat :laugh:
Pfft, I didn't ask for tot opinions, I was asking people who were playing the game ;)

Interesting perspective though because I have seen plenty of wolves and villagers claim death avoidance and get lynched because it is one of the easiest claims to make as a wolf and ya can't ever prove it. To my mind lynch avoidance is more common, and just about evenly split wolf/village.

The point of claiming the lynch avoidance was not to get her out of that lynch though. It was to hopefully carry her to the next day (and perhaps beyond), which is why i asked trout if she would have held her shot if dolphin had a better fake role name to go with the ability. .

Which is a real shame, because claim/counterclaim battles can be so fun!
Actually in my role PM I mentioned that Kara could have played it off like [insert Spider-Mans meme here] and I would have been totally bamboozled. :confused:

Aw thank you :love:
Wrt battling someone on thread (SAR maybe?) was like "maybe let's not battle anyone unless we're really sure that person is a wolf" and I said in my PM "VIVA LA CHAOS, battle Gwen" because it was right after her soft role reveal and I really am that dense.

Yay VIllage!!!

Thank you for the game mods!!

I'm so happy I claimed Ash, that was so much fun :rofl:

Best part. I had a gut feeling you were making it up, but with everyone unlynching you made me doubt myself. Just banged my head on the table when mel came on at the end of the night and said you were lying.

Also good game to AM - she killed it this game.

Noooo. I like being vanilla, itch to use up vig shots when I have them (but am too emotionally scarred to do it willy nilly... you know why) and anything less than a, like, verifiable gym leader role would have been lynched again the next day so let's kill that bad boy. Plus dolphin was like, third on my suspicions at that point so she needed to go anyway.

Guys I still want to lynch Mel. ;) I had some great chaos theories brewing for if the game wasn't over last night. :laugh:

Reactions: 8 users

I would definitely have posted that post being pissy at dubz as village. It’s exactly like I said, we keep each other around but agree to kill each other, if wolf, if the other is too busy to play. Probably would have dropped off way sooner as village and just constantly apologized to the mods for not playing

Oh guys want to know what Pokemon I had that were super non sketchy and I mentioned as such to the mods?

I started with a Weezing and caught a Persian along the way. I was very happy to not be involved in any battles. :whistle:

Additional note: NK as a phrase has really caught on since the last time I played, and I kinda love it because I mentally read it as "nuked" every time.

I almost did request to village. Usually do when I know I can't give wolfing the time it deserves. By the time I remembered to request to village or Hydra though, roles were out and I couldn't abandon dubz as it's always been a goal of ours to wolf together

Last last note on why I was soooo skeeved by Mel. He had a PM open with me and I'd kinda guessed he was Ash by process of elimination but he hadn't actually role revealed (for obvs reasons).

When Kara claimed Ash I JOKED ABOUT IT in PM and he STILL didn't say anything about the role claim until 1m till close. I'm seriously not convinced still he wasn't just ****ing with us. ;)

Reactions: 5 users
Last last note on why I was soooo skeeved by Mel. He had a PM open with me and I'd kinda guessed he was Ash by process of elimination but he hadn't actually role revealed (for obvs reasons).

When Kara claimed Ash I JOKED ABOUT IT in PM and he STILL didn't say anything about the role claim until 1m till close. I'm seriously not convinced still he wasn't just ****ing with us. ;)

This is probably a big reason mods were cracking up and refused to let me brag until I was actually called out on it

I was dead but I would have voted/stayed on Dolphin, as she was in my top 2-3 wolf reads from early game (she had a response to Koffee about chaos that gave me major feels) and was actually up for lynch.
Yeah, I had moved dolphin to village for some reason because I guess I originally liked her answers?? Then mutt was referencing my questions and I remembered that I did indeed have some good points!

Being on Gwen really rubbed me wrong too but then she said she just didn't interpret it that way and I felt bad enough to jump off her lynch again.

As I posted in dead chat:

Overall, I hope the players enjoyed this game, it wasn’t overly frustrating, and I loved that a lot of people came out of the woodwork to play. If you ended up hating the game because of its mechanics, I’m sorry if that’s what happened.

I was kinda bummed that the game ended when it did but c’est la vie.

@SportPonies put a lot of work into the creation of this game (as did I) and I truly love and enjoy co-modding with her. We will very likely be doing another game (prolly Pokémon) again sometime in the near future.

Reactions: 10 users
As I posted in dead chat:

Overall, I hope the players enjoyed this game, it wasn’t overly frustrating, and I loved that a lot of people came out of the woodwork to play. If you ended up hating the game because of its mechanics, I’m sorry if that’s what happened.

I was kinda bummed that the game ended when it did but c’est la vie.

@SportPonies put a lot of work into the creation of this game (as did I) and I truly love and enjoy co-modding with her. We will very likely be doing another game (prolly Pokémon) again sometime in the near future.
:biglove:Thank you both for a great game, I feel like we don't give mods enough love for putting the time and effort into running things :biglove:

Reactions: 5 users