This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every program has high board pass rate. I have heard of programs with board pass rate in 40s. I've heard of programs losing their ACGME accreditation. And I disagree with your other points as well, not every program serves a diverse patient population and offers great work life balance. That is why the term "malignant program" was coined.

The 50% fellowship match is actually pretty impressive for a community program in New York. What's even more interesting is that those who didn't go into subspecialty fellowship actually wanted to pursue GIM.

Firstly, it was partially meant to be a joke on how programs sell themselves to you. Secondly, I have not heard of such low board pass rates from any of my IVS and would have a hard time believing a program can keep their accreditation with such low scores. Lastly, I have no idea where you are interviewing to get these delusions from.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! Info for the applicants who are interested in FM. Saint Agnes Medical Center, Fresno, just opened FM program and still accepts applications. By the way, it is CA so you need PTAL

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys. This is probably a stupid question but can you interview at two zucker school of medicine hospitals in NY? Or does interviewing at one of the affiliated hospitals exclude you from interviewing at others?
Seperate program IDs = seperate programs = seperate IVs

Really? Exactly what programs have board pass rates in the 40s? Because you know that information is available...please post your source...also which programs closed...that too is public info so please post your source?
Otherwise don’t spread rumors to an already neurotic group.

Okay, I didn't mean to start an argument here. The program that has a board pass rate in 40s is in New York. Unfortunately, I cannot reveal the name of the program. The people who already interviewed there would know. The link posted above is from 2015-2017.

The point that I was trying to make is that not all programs are the same. If they are all the same then why should we even care where we match?

And btw, you been posting all sort of advice/opinions on here for the past 10 years. Can you please provide sources for all the claims you made on this forum? I'm keen to know.

And I understand that you aren't an applicant. Frankly, I'm not sure why you are here expressing your unsolicited negative opinions.

Reactions: 4 users
Firstly, it was partially meant to be a joke on how programs sell themselves to you. Secondly, I have not heard of such low board pass rates from any of my IVS and would have a hard time believing a program can keep their accreditation with such low scores. Lastly, I have no idea where you are interviewing to get these delusions from.

Delusions? mate, how about you learn some respect first?

Lots of people on this forum, including myself, are having a rough season. Instead of just bashing each other, why not help each other out?

Reactions: 1 user
Rejection from Summa Health.

And I don’t know who they are o_O

Edit: ok it’s Ohio

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Okay, I didn't mean to start an argument here. The program that has a board pass rate in 40s is in New York. Unfortunately, I cannot reveal the name of the program. The people who already interviewed there would know. The link posted above is from 2015-2017.

The point that I was trying to make is that not all programs are the same. If they are all the same then why should we even care where we match?

And btw, you been posting all sort of advice/opinions on here for the past 10 years. Can you please provide sources for all the claims you made on this forum? I'm keen to know.

And I understand that you aren't an applicant. Frankly, I'm not sure why you are here expressing your unsolicited negative opinions.

I know which program you are talking about! It was mentioned during the interview and it's not available on any website because it was a single year and was averaged ("diluted") with other years.
When a program mentions their pass rate during an interview, you need to make sure if it is accumulative from several years or just the year prior.

The trollest rejection i got so far was one which required opening an attachment, forget which program that was. but I laughed afterward. best ones are the ones that say it in the heading amiright...

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, SUMMA rejection sucks, another place where having a connection didn't pay off. I believe it is quite a good program though in Akron, OH, they even have a cardio fellowship. I've heard the faculty there are super friendly, except for when they rejected my ass off course. Oh wells.

I know which program you are talking about! It was mentioned during the interview and it's not available on any website because it was a single year and was averaged ("diluted") with other years.
When a program mentions their pass rate during an interview, you need to make sure if it is accumulative from several years or just the year prior.

I'd say generally the pass rates have little to do with the overall strength of the programs. The top 20 programs average pass rates are similar to that of the common communities programs. The interview day or even second-look only provide a limited, superficial portraits of the programs, and that's why we need so much expertise from insiders when it comes to the rank list. Usually someone would start a thread about the rank later in the December or January annually

maybe I'm a little crazy, but shouldn't it ultimately be the individuals responsibility to study hard enough and preform well on their ABIM's ? it's like blaming your med school for a bad step score. or the program's fault for selecting poor candidates?

Reactions: 2 users
maybe I'm a little crazy, but shouldn't it ultimately be the individuals responsibility to study hard enough and preform well on their ABIM's ? it's like blaming your med school for a bad step score. or the program's fault for selecting poor candidates?

Hey my friend, how's everything going?
The rationale is the low pass rates reflected the malignancy of the program. But in reality, this indicator has low sensitivity and specificity. And I totally agree that a resident should manage to pass that no matter what

funny how qPCR was able to post credible sources that show that you are incorrect.

and multiple year pass rates are not "diluting" the record...one year doesn't necessarily show the whole history...maybe that's the year that they had to go down on their list more than usual...maybe that's the year they had unmatched spots and had to take from SOAP...Duke IM had unmatched spots a few years ago and i seriously doubt anyone would say that they are an inferior program because of it. But if that is the caliber of programs that have extended you IVs, well...

and yes, generally I have cited those sources in my posts when needed...if you go back and read some of those old post, you would see that since you are so "keen to know"

a yes, you are right, i'm not an applicant...i was a successful applicant...for residency and for fellowship...
and yet again, another person who only wants to see the interview season with rose colored glasses...and another reason why those with experience either as a resident, fellow, attending, have given up on posting here to give advice...smh

Suma health rejection.
Still zero IVs
Merry Christmas

Any info regarding mount sinai chicago? Thank you

Any info regarding mount sinai chicago? Thank you
Prematch program, downtown chicago (but the area around the hospital is bad i think), must be a decent hospital actually (met someone from a Carribean school that rotated there and told me that), but it's 100% community hospital so if you want a fellowship I don't know about that....

Prematch program, downtown chicago (but the area around the hospital is bad i think), must be a decent hospital actually (met someone from a Carribean school that rotated there and told me that), but it's 100% community hospital so if you want a fellowship I don't know about that....

Thank you for your reply. I think their fellowship chance is pretty good. Can you elaborate more about what the carribean student said? Thank you

hey guys, quick question. If your pre-interview dinner was at a pizza restaurant, would you dress as casual or business?
lol just had an IV where the meet and greet was at a pizza restaurant. It was a decent place...everybody was pretty casual though - jeans or slacks with a sweater and scarf, etc.

University of Minnesota Program

We received many outstanding applications this year, but can only interview a limited number of applicants. If you have not yet been invited, the University of Minnesota Internal Medicine program regretfully cannot offer you an interview at this time.

Post LOI
same except no LOI

Delusions? mate, how about you learn some respect first?

Lots of people on this forum, including myself, are having a rough season. Instead of just bashing each other, why not help each other out?
You’re the one that’s having a rough season and decided to get all snappy about my initial post. Just look through the post history. I agree help each other but keep your opinions to yourself.

Anyone interview at St. Mary’s Hospital in St. Louis? Any input would be appreciated! :)

Wish you would follow their lead and give up posting on here too. You're very arrogant and I guarantee your bedside manner is terrible and majority of your patients dislike you as a physician.

Let's keep it respectful. Folks like @rokshana are going out of their way to help us applicants and letting us know about the reality of the situation. This forum helps as a support system, and support has many faces. We need to understand the whole picture, good AND bad, in order to make the best decisions. I honestly don't believe rokshana's post is arrogant; it's actually pretty down to earth and they have already gone through this...twice (residency and fellowship). It's actually naive to think that their suggestions are not helpful just because they make others feel uncomfortable or not feel confident about their application. This is a tough process and personally, I've learned the most from people who have been real like rokshana. Yes, I've had a successful IV season so far, but there were MANY struggles along the road that I wouldn't have surpassed if people like rokshana didn't shake me to my core and help me understand that my naiveté was not going to take me anywhere.

If you don't like other people's comments, either analyze why that is (disrespectful vs. too real to take?), or just let it go. But either way let's not disrespect others and their opinions on here.

Reactions: 3 users
+1Presence St. Joseph Hospital (Chicago) Program

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 12 users
You’re the one that’s having a rough season and decided to get all snappy about my initial post. Just look through the post history. I agree help each other but keep your opinions to yourself.
how can I send you a personal e-mail?

guys, I know things are getting a little heated here, but I think many of us find value in the residents'/fellows' input here, off course feel free to let people know if feel they are being confrontational/condescending towards you/others, but maybe let's not tell others that they shouldn't be here at all

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Any input about Lankenau in Philadelphia?

I've had a successful IV season as well so far, but the words "helpful" and "down to earth" are on the other end of the spectrum of what he is doing. There's a "down to earth" way of constructive criticism, and then their is his arrogant way way of helping, which is not productive and only pisses people off. There is stuff you find too real too take, but that doesn't mean you have to say it in a disrespectful way like rokshana is.
i am as she...but thanks for mansplaining that for me...

and if you don't like seeing my post, there is an "ignore" button...feel free to use it.

Wish you would follow their lead and give up posting on here too. You're very arrogant and I guarantee your bedside manner is terrible and majority of your patients dislike you as a physician.
yet, i have never made a personal attack of a poster...you have posted here only 4 times and half have been negative in nature culminating in a personal attack and not only a personal one but a professional one as well...what does that say about you?

Personal attacks are not welcome on SDN. Please keep it professional.

She is giving realistic advice borne out of experience and is an attending. I’m not sure where you see arrogance here

She is giving realistic advice borne out of experience and is an attending. I’m not sure where you see arrogance here
There a difference between giving advice constructively and condescending and judging any question that is posted. There is a way to say things even if others are wrong. Communication.

yet, i have never made a personal attack of a poster...you have posted here only 4 times and half have been negative in nature culminating in a personal attack and not only a personal one but a professional one as well...what does that say about you?
It's because of people like you that I don't post stats or anything. I have a private message string with almost 20 others from here that we are talking on who want CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, not arrogance and rudeness (i.e. you). I am only on here to find people to talk to who want to be constructive, not destructive.

^ or coldplay... let's face it... it's probably coldplay

Status
Not open for further replies.