Kansas City (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
KCUMB along with many other schools do have a dress code. For men it it either scrubs or business casual with an open collar shirt. Women have the choice between scrubs, skirt/blouse, or dress pants. That said if you wish to be a physician, one of there will become your daily attire. Some schools are very strict while others slightly more lax (KCUMB included)

KCUMB Class of 2016

What is an open collar shirt? Like.. Just a dress shirt without buttoning the top one?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wouldn't affect my decision. Just nice to know if I'd be wearing a tie or a t-shirt every day. I don't really care if it's annoying. I just figured I'd ask about all the schools I applied to just so I know. Also I'm sure I'm not the only one that wonders about it.

Ok cool...I honestly kind of thought you were trolling. But, if you're curious, it's no skin off my back.

:)

On last years thread secondaries did not come out until 7/20 and after a long review of the primary. This school has a serious screening process.

Just wondering if anyone has received the 2012-2013 secondary app prompt yet and if so can they post it so I can get a head start? Much appreciated.

It's Monday on the East Coast and still nada

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been posted else where, but do you guys mind telling me what are the secondary questions?

Sorry if this has already been posted else where, but do you guys mind telling me what are the secondary questions?

meh.ro4687.jpg

Scroll up please....

Members don't see this ad :)

Last year's was "why do you want to go to KcUMB?" ...and there might have been additional "what makes you a good candidate?" part

Still nothing. Are they actually going through each app and doing a serious review?

Honestly, I think it's just the fact that I've already received 8 secondaries (out of 10 schools applied to) that makes me antsy and expect the secondary any day. Comparing to last year's threads, it seems like a lot of the schools released secondaries a few weeks earlier this year.

I haven't recieved secondaries from any of my MD school ( still not verified yet :annoyed:) or from PCOM or KCUMB. Its just how they roll. Don't worry you'll get your chance...

Guys, i remember getting my secondary pretty late compared to when other schools sent it out....and if Im not mistaking, it came as a letter in the mail saying "KCUMB encourages you to complete a secondary on this web site..blah blah blah"

Guys, i remember getting my secondary pretty late compared to when other schools sent it out....and if Im not mistaking, it came as a letter in the mail saying "KCUMB encourages you to complete a secondary on this web site..blah blah blah"

Great, now I'll be checking my mailbox everyday. I live in an apartment building where the mailboxes are on the opposite side from the garage and where I enter/exit the building. Thanks for the heads up though :) I usually only check it once per week.. sometimes even less often.

Last year I received my KCUMB secondary invitation in an email which came roughly one month after my primary was submitted. Everyone worrying about it, relax...it is super early, they were interviewing and accepting people through March last year. You are all in great shape if you are applying this soon.

I'm glad it's taking a long time. I've completed secondaries at other schools but I'm still delayed because they are waiting on my MCAT scores. At least by the time I get a secondary from this school I'll have all that information already.

:thumbup: We're still way early in the game so we're good!

I'm glad it's taking a long time. I've completed secondaries at other schools but I'm still delayed because they are waiting on my MCAT scores. At least by the time I get a secondary from this school I'll have all that information already.

:thumbup: We're still way early in the game so we're good!

Could not agree more

Could not agree more

Me too! This is giving me time to work on secondaries for all the other schools I've gotten them from so far. I'd rather have them spread out than all come on the same day.

Still waiting for a secondary from LECOM in addition to here, but I just added LECOM recently. And waiting on a couple MD ones as well.

Yup, I'll just keep working on other secondaries till this one shows up. Almost caught up!

Applying here - good luck to everyone else!

I got a packet of stuff from KCUMB in the mail yesterday. I was really excited when I saw it - thought maybe they mailed out the secondary app for some reason. But it was just a letter thanking me for my application and a book about the COM. Hope to see the secondary soon!!!

I got a packet of stuff from KCUMB in the mail yesterday. I was really excited when I saw it - thought maybe they mailed out the secondary app for some reason. But it was just a letter thanking me for my application and a book about the COM. Hope to see the secondary soon!!!
+1

Just got that the same packet today.

I haven't gotten anything. Maybe it's because I live farther away, maybe because the post office isn't perfect, or maybe because KCUMB HATES ME!!! Lol

What's with the return slip in that packet they sent? Anyone going to fill it out and mail it back in?