2022-2023 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone. My University has a 3+4 program with KCOM. I can gain automatic admission to this school after my 3rd year of undergraduate as long as I have completed the required courses and have a 3.25 GPA. I will not be required to take the MCAT to be admitted through this program. I wanted to get the thoughts and opinions of others on whether this would be worth it or not. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. My University has a 3+4 program with KCOM. I can gain automatic admission to this school after my 3rd year of undergraduate as long as I have completed the required courses and have a 3.25 GPA. I will not be required to take the MCAT to be admitted through this program. I wanted to get the thoughts and opinions of others on whether this would be worth it or not. Thanks!
Having gone through the hell of 4 years undergrad trying to maintain a 3.9+ gpa, studying for the MCAT, then a year of applications/interview season etc…. I’d say anything to alleviate that would be worth it. If you’re a freshman rn, then by the time you get to med school they will have graduated a class and the “riskiness” of a new program will have gone away for the most part.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call this morning and will be passing on this acceptance. Best wishes to other future docs!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, congrats to all who got A's! I'm a current student, if you have any questions please feel free to DM.

Anyone know when we can expect some waitlist movement?

Having gone through the hell of 4 years undergrad trying to maintain a 3.9+ gpa, studying for the MCAT, then a year of applications/interview season etc…. I’d say anything to alleviate that would be worth it. If you’re a freshman rn, then by the time you get to med school they will have graduated a class and the “riskiness” of a new program will have gone away for the most part.
I would add to this by saying....make sure this is the school you want to attend. Yes, by the time OP arrives at KsCOM a lot of kinks will have been worked out, but its still a new program without great connections for rotations. It would behoove OP to consider other options that fit with their desired location, learning style, and career trajectory.
I would advise against these types of programs, especially since they do not require the MCAT. Hot take, but the MCAT is hard and the MCAT is important ;). Honestly though, this would be a great idea if they had a minimum score for the MCAT, say above 503. The MCAT isnt just a way to objectively measure students test taking ability or knowledge base, but it's a way to see if students can prepare for a long, high stakes standardized test.
Cutting down on the time requirement from pre med through medical school is a bonus though.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all, question for any current/accepted students. I was recently accepted an am looking at ordering everything, however I am still on the waitlist for my top choice. If I order the items that are required am I just going to have to lose the money if I don’t go, or is it sent to you and I can take it to the other school?

Hello all, question for any current/accepted students. I was recently accepted an am looking at ordering everything, however I am still on the waitlist for my top choice. If I order the items that are required am I just going to have to lose the money if I don’t go, or is it sent to you and I can take it to the other school?
I think they said they have already mass ordered the supplies for everyone regardless of our forms being completed - so you can probably hold off on ordering it for a little bit. But I would assume if you buy it it’s yours, you just might have to pay for shipping to get it off the campus in Wichita to wherever you are.

Just withdrew my seat from here. Hope it goes to someone on the waitlist!

Got accepted at KansasCOM recently. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good housing around the Medical school? Thanks!

Got accepted at KansasCOM recently. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good housing around the Medical school? Thanks!
Join the groupme and discord. There’s a lot of discussion and recommendations for both there!

Does anyone know what the class profile for KansasCOM looks like? Also did anyone not get in from last years waitlist? I got waitlisted first week of December