2022-2023 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you deserving candidates!

Members don't see this ad.

How is this possible? Don’t they need a class to graduate first?
i remember they told us at the interview that they are classified as priority to get approved for loans. they said they are under some educational act so they can get approved before they graduate a class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who interviewed that I could PM? I have some questions regarding the interview. TIA!

Just got the A!!! My first one! Interview was on 1/13

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call today! Congrats to everyone above, and good luck to those interviewing soon or in waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A call today as well!! really excited since its also my first

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A call earlier today. 1/20 interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have the link to the groupme or discord or whatever for accepted students?

Does anyone have the link to the groupme or discord or whatever for accepted students?
The link was a couple pages back you might have to scroll a bit 😂

Anyone get a formal acceptance email with a link and information? When I got the call yesterday, they said we should receive one for details on deposit etc.

Is there a general application portal I’ve somehow managed to miss? Haha

Anyone get a formal acceptance email with a link and information? When I got the call yesterday, they said we should receive one for details on deposit etc.

Is there a general application portal I’ve somehow managed to miss? Haha
Yeah I haven't gotten my email with the next steps to complete either lol. I didn't wanna be annoying and email and ask even tho they said by today. All I got was the email saying congrats basically. I know you can do some stuff on the portal but I'm gonna hold out for the email lol. The portal is the same as the one for secondaries

Yeah I haven't gotten my email with the next steps to complete either lol. I didn't wanna be annoying and email and ask even tho they said by today. All I got was the email saying congrats basically. I know you can do some stuff on the portal but I'm gonna hold out for the email lol. The portal is the same as the one for secondaries

Odd that when I try to follow the secondary portal link it takes me to a dead page. I may call or email them tomorrow

Odd that when I try to follow the secondary portal link it takes me to a dead page. I may call or email them tomorrow
I can complete the "intent to enroll" on the portal so yeah i'd def get that sorted asap

It’s the same place you went for the secondary I’m pretty sure. I saw my application status changed to “accepted” or something and that’s how I knew
Do you still have the link for the website? I didn't go back to that portal since I finished my secondary

Just withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you deserving candidates!

WL today. Interviewed on 2/8. Anybody knows anything about the WL movement?
Based on last year's thread there was WL movement in June/July when people holding multiple deposits had to choose a school and drop the others. It also seems like a lot of people that interviewed here around this time were put on the WL because seats were full

Based on last year's thread there was WL movement in June/July when people holding multiple deposits had to choose a school and drop the others. It also seems like a lot of people that interviewed here around this time were put on the WL because seats were full
Last year they also didn’t start interviewing until January so I think they were in a bit more of a rush to get seats filled quickly so it might be hard to judge WL movement this year since it’s more of a normal interview season for them! But yeah I think June/July is probably going to be expected. Orientation starts last week of July

Interviewing this Friday. What were the questions asked for the critical thinking portion and the ethical portion? What are the best resources to prepare for this type of closed file interview?

+1!! The ice breaker part was honestly so fun and I really enjoyed the day overall. The people in my interview group were also really nice for the small group and everyone had a chance to talk multiple times
I personally thought it was a very comfortable, conversation based interview. They do a group ice breaker to start, which helps ease your nerves. Then you'll do two interviews, one ethic based and one problem-solving. The typical interview questions you can google and Casper like ethics questions would prepare you np. Overall i thought really great vibes.
Hi, there I have an interview in a couple of days. Did they not ask you about your academics and research? Also I, of course, have practiced ethics-based questions but am not so sure what critical thinking ones look like. Any advice/resources?

Hi, there I have an interview in a couple of days. Did they not ask you about your academics and research? Also I, of course, have practiced ethics-based questions but am not so sure what critical thinking ones look like. Any advice/resources?
I don’t think I mentioned academics or research really. It’s a lot more to get to know you and how you think through things more than you selling yourself to them

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Any interview feedback you could give?
Hi! Sorry I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but I recently interviewed and received an A. The interview is closed note and is very relaxed. Everyone who I spoke too just seemed interested in getting to know me a little bit more, and let the convo be free flowing, instead of trying to get to each question. I know this is fairly generic advice, but I really think just be yourself, and let your passion for medicine and public health shine through. The admissions crew only knows your name — and they don’t have time to learn every little detail about you — so just try and sell yourself and your love for medicine. Meaning smile, be friendly, and personable. And try to think of a couple instances were you learned something from your pre-med experiences. Everyone is incredibly kind and wants you to do well!! The only con I could say is that the day is looongg but they do interviews in the beginning.

Hi! Sorry I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but I recently interviewed and received an A. The interview is closed note and is very relaxed. Everyone who I spoke too just seemed interested in getting to know me a little bit more, and let the convo be free flowing, instead of trying to get to each question. I know this is fairly generic advice, but I really think just be yourself, and let your passion for medicine and public health shine through. The admissions crew only knows your name — and they don’t have time to learn every little detail about you — so just try and sell yourself and your love for medicine. Meaning smile, be friendly, and personable. And try to think of a couple instances were you learned something from your pre-med experiences. Everyone is incredibly kind and wants you to do well!! The only con I could say is that the day is looongg but they do interviews in the beginning.
Hi just wondering when you interviewed and how long after you received the A?

I was just accepted off the WL. I declined because I am going some where else. Good luck!

Just got the A from the waitlist!!!

Here’s the accepted students gc! KCOM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Hi just wondering when you interviewed and how long after you received the A?
Hi! I interviewed 03/09 and received the A call 03/27. The next day I got a congrats email. Then, two days after the acceptance call, I got the email to get to the payment portal.

Hi everyone! I have an interview here Friday and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I received the email "discover more about our interview process" which wasn't super helpful. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if this is more of a traditional or MMI interview? And if it is MMI, do they allow a sheet of scratch paper to be used for notes? I also read about a group activity but is this essentially a group interview?

Also, this may also be neurotic but according to their website ( https://kansascom.kansashsc.org/admissions/student-interview-day-process/ ) interviews start at 8:30 CST but my interview Registration says 9:15am CST? Just want to ensure I don't show up late.

Thank you and good luck to you all :)

Hi everyone! I have an interview here Friday and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I received the email "discover more about our interview process" which wasn't super helpful. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if this is more of a traditional or MMI interview? And if it is MMI, do they allow a sheet of scratch paper to be used for notes? I also read about a group activity but is this essentially a group interview?

Also, this may also be neurotic but according to their website ( https://kansascom.kansashsc.org/admissions/student-interview-day-process/ ) interviews start at 8:30 CST but my interview Registration says 9:15am CST? Just want to ensure I don't show up late.

Thank you and good luck to you all :)
You have two faculty interviews one on one more traditional. One moral and one ethical based questions. And then a student led MMI style group interview that is story based and discussion. Both super layed back! I don’t think you need paper at all for notes - it’s pretty similar to a sacratic seminar if you ever did those in high school English.

I’d say to review the student handbook maybe a bit before so you’re familiar with the underlaying framework of their curriculum so you have some questions prepared to ask!

• Love
i had the same question. i have an Interview this week but I got an email stating I am missing credits cuz the .5
Hi! I'm also .5 units short for Biochemistry and was wondering if you had heard anything about a waiver or needing to take an additional class to meet the requirement?

You have two faculty interviews one on one more traditional. One moral and one ethical based questions. And then a student led MMI style group interview that is story based and discussion. Both super layed back!

I’d say to review the student handbook maybe a bit before so you’re familiar with the underlaying framework of their curriculum so you have some questions prepared to ask!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to reply to me, I really appreciate the helpful advice :)

Would you also recommend brushing up on politics surrounding healthcare?

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to reply to me, I really appreciate the helpful advice :)

Would you also recommend brushing up on politics surrounding healthcare?
It’s not necessary no but every convo is different so it wouldn’t hurt to just be aware of what’s going on rn in healthcare legislation