2022-2023 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Questions:
1. What failures have you experienced that have shaped you as an individual and prepared you for the rigors of medical school?
2. What have you found as the most effective way to prioritize your time?
3. What individuals and experiences have led to your interest in Osteopathic Medicine and motivated you to apply to KHSC-KansasCOM?

Interview feedback:
Soon to be added!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
While I am yet to begin school here, if anyone has questions about the application process, feel free to reach out!

While I am yet to begin school here, if anyone has questions about the application process, feel free to reach out!
Is the Casper required or just recommended for this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the Casper required or just recommended for this school?
I'd double check with them through email or a phone call but I believe it's recommended but not required. For my class, the Casper cycle was over by the time admissions began so they requested scores if you had taken it but there was no requirement.

I'd double check with them through email or a phone call but I believe it's recommended but not required. For my class, the Casper cycle was over by the time admissions began so they requested scores if you had taken it but there was no requirement.
Thanks. Appreciate the reply!

Reactions: 1 user
On the primary app, if I put down my preference as one campus over the other, do I only get considered for the one I put? Does leaving it at no preference give you "two chances" so to speak?

On the primary app, if I put down my preference as one campus over the other, do I only get considered for the one I put? Does leaving it at no preference give you "two chances" so to speak?
I think you are confusing this school with KCU (Kansas City university of medicine and biosciences-college of osteopathic medicine ). This is Kansas health sciences center.

Reactions: 1 users
What are the GPA and MCAT for recent years?
This is a new school and they will be having their inaugural class start this fall. I do not believe they've releases the stats on mean GPA and MCAT but the minimums, according to their handbook, are 3.00 cGPA and sGPA and a 500 MCAT for a secondary.

This is a new school and they will be having their inaugural class start this fall. I do not believe they've releases the stats on mean GPA and MCAT but the minimums, according to their handbook, are 3.00 cGPA and sGPA and a 500 MCAT for a secondary.

are these hard cutoffs? Cause some schools aren't sending me secondaries because of my 2.96 cumulative and it's low-key pissing me off.

are these hard cutoffs? Cause some schools aren't sending me secondaries because of my 2.96 cumulative and it's low-key pissing me off.
I'm an applicant from the previous year, currently accepted to start here next month, and my sGPA was below cutoff. I would throw an application their way if you haven't already just in case.

Yeah, as the poster above said. They do review apps on a case to case basis so I'd send them an app and see what happens! I don't think it's a hard cutoff!

Received an email saying they received my app and ADCOMS will begin the reviewing process

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 OOS. Looking at a thread from last year, I'd be curious if someone above the 3.5/500 threshold has gotten an insta-secondary. My cumulative GPA is below the 3.5, and I also got the "reviewing process" email.

Email:
Hello toli,
Thank you for submitting your application to the Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KansasCOM) through the AACOMAS applicant portal.
Now that you have taken this first step, let's discuss what is next. Our admissions team will begin reviewing your application to determine if you meet the qualifications to move forward into the second phase of our application process.
Our team will be in contact with updates on the status of your application. In the meantime, we encourage you to continue discovering more about our program and innovative curriculum, our campus and facilities designed to support immersive learning, and the mission and values that guide us forward.

Previous year's thread here.
From that thread:
just called them and they told me that if you are above the 500 and 3.5 gpa, you should automatically get a secondary and if you are below that then someone checks your application

So: I've submitted the primary, my cGPA is below a 3.5, so I haven't received a secondary but received the we're-looking-at-your-primary ("Our admissions team will begin reviewing your application to determine if you meet the qualifications") email.

Fingers crossed! Also, fwiw I submitted a couple weeks ago and only just got the email.

I'll be an incoming student for their inaugural class, so if anyone has questions, reach out and I'll be happy to help out in any way I can! Good Luck with this cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
+1 OOS. Looking at a thread from last year, I'd be curious if someone above the 3.5/500 threshold has gotten an insta-secondary. My cumulative GPA is below the 3.5, and I also got the "reviewing process" email.
I am OOS and above the threshold for both of those. Also got the reviewing email and no secondary yet!

Called and got a hold of someone on the ADM staff to see about an update. They are accepting and reviewing apps right now but won't be sending secondary apps out until the end of this month. No one has gotten one yet, so no need to worry.

Asked about Casper too and it is required but we don't have to release our scores to KsCOM unless we meet the requirements for a secondary application.

got an email promoting their school. i got excited and finally thought they were rolling secondaries out. Guess we have to wait even longer :(

Any updates? Didn't someone say secondaries will be sent out at the end of July?

Any updates? Didn't someone say secondaries will be sent out at the end of July?
Never mind. My impatient ass called them lol apparently they started reviewing/sending out secondaries this week so I guess we'll start hearing soon

low-key forgot I applied here lmao

Secondary received

I'm IS, so it's possible they're screening that way as well initially. I also have over the 3.2 GPA and 500 MCAT if that's useful info for anyone 🤷‍♀️

Secondary received just now

apparently they are going through them chronologically

nvm then bc I was verified 7/13 and nothing yet LOL

• Sad
could be that they're just getting through the ppl who are above their stats! My MCAT is slightly below

Can anyone please share secondary questions and character limits?

Can anyone please share secondary questions and character limits?
1. What failures have you experienced that have shaped you as an individual and prepared you for the rigors of medical school?
2. What have you found as the most effective way to prioritize your time?
3. What individuals and experiences have led to your interest in Osteopathic Medicine and motivated you to apply to KHSC-KansasCOM?

They didn't have character/word limits specified, but on last year's thread someone said it seemed like it was 500 words for each of them, so that's what I based my responses off of.

@PapaGuava