2022-2023 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
would it be beneficial to send in this secondary now?

I received it but had too much going on, is it worth the shot?
I’d say if you wouldn’t mind living in Kansas and have already done the Casper to go for it! I’ve been really impressed by the modernness of this program. Definitely designed for our generation of physicians which is really cool.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I’d say if you wouldn’t mind living in Kansas and have already done the Casper to go for it! I’ve been really impressed by the modernness of this program. Definitely designed for our generation of physicians which is really cool.
+1 I'd say it's the only school that's had a reasonably quick turnaround time for me but I know everyon's experience has been different too

have multiple other A's so I will be withdrawing my A from here, wish you all the best and hope it goes out to someone who needs it

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A, I hope it goes to one of you 🤞🏻

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who are withdrawing A's, can you explain your reasoning?
Hello! I received my acceptance right before thanksgiving, but I will not be accepting the offer as I just got into my top choice which is UNECOM. However, if there is anyone who is going through the interview cycle, I would be happy to chat about my experience and interview day. I will say, KCOM provided me the best interview experience, and I genuinely really liked what the school had to offer. But with it being a new DO school and far from home, it just made me very hesitant!

Reactions: 3 users
Can someone who interviewed this cycle give me a quick pros and cons they felt from the interview about the school and program specifically?

Can someone who interviewed this cycle give me a quick pros and cons they felt from the interview about the school and program specifically?
Pros: very advanced technology. Designed for our generation which is really cool. New campus, the staff is super nice and welcoming. The staff is really passionate about wanting to start this program and do it well. They said the first trimester every student passed which is a good sign since they are new.
Cons: No government financial aide yet. Tuition is expensive as is. New program so things change as you go.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pros: very advanced technology. Designed for our generation which is really cool. New campus, the staff is super nice and welcoming. The staff is really passionate about wanting to start this program and do it well. They said the first trimester every student passed which is a good sign since they are new.
Cons: No government financial aide yet. Tuition is expensive as is. New program so things change as you go.
Thank you so much!

anyone from the 11/16 session hear back yet?

Last edited:
Can anyone who has interviewed give a preview/schedule of the interview day? Having a hard time finding info prior

Members don't see this ad :)
How are people feeling about going to an unaccredited medical school? It seems risky to me, and I'm concerned about having trouble securing any residencies. Does anybody have thoughts or feelings on this to share?

How are people feeling about going to a unaccredited medical school? It seems risky to me, and I'm concerned about having trouble securing any residencies. Does anybody have thoughts or feelings on this to share?
Pre accredited doesn’t mean the same as unaccredited, I think the school will be fine as is the history for most new schools

Pre accredited doesn’t mean the same as unaccredited, I think the school will be fine as is the history for most new schools
Doesn't it mean they have applied for accreditation, but it hasn't yet been given to them because they have not yet graduated their first class?

Doesn't it mean they have applied for accreditation, but it hasn't yet been given to them because they have not yet graduated their first class?
that's exactly it. but it'll reach full accreditation by the time class of 2027 graduates so I wouldn't worry about it.

Exactly it but they gotta meet criteria to even have students, that’s what I mean when I say not unaccredited as a completely unaccredited school cannot even accept students

Can anyone who has interviewed give a preview/schedule of the interview day? Having a hard time finding info prior
from what i can remember, start at 9 am with orientation and overview. interview at 11. group activity at 1. student panel at 2 or 3 and then wrap up. the itinerary is given in CST and it takes pretty much your whole day. student panel is optional

got waitlisted today, 11/16 interview session. probably my most dissapointing waitlist notification yet since I thought the interview went extremely well. I wonder if there's a lot of waitlist movement

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
got waitlisted today, 11/16 interview session. probably my most dissapointing waitlist notification yet since I thought the interview went extremely well. I wonder if there's a lot of waitlist movement
I would think so soon. I think a round of deposit deadlines is 12/21 so maybe after that there will be some movement!

May I ask what’s your statistic?

Does anyone know if KHSC accepts LOI or Update letters? Got some new semester grades and new leadership stuff I was hoping to add onto my file.

Just got waitlisted :/ interviewed 12/14

• Care
Is there an accepted students chat? Got the A call today! 12/7 interview

Got the acceptance call earlier today as well! I really loved this school!

Here’s the groupme: You're invited to my new group 'KCOM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Does anyone know if KHSC accepts LOI or Update letters? Got some new semester grades and new leadership stuff I was hoping to add onto my file.
Yes they do! I’m part of the current class, and I got accepted the day after I sent them an update letter/LOI!

Hi guys,

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten interviews and acceptances! I'm excited to have an interview coming up here next week (also pretty nervous lol), I would really appreciate if anyone has some insights to share or would like to do some interview prep with me :) I don't really have any family or friends who have gone into medicine so other than Dr. Gray's book, I'm not too sure how to best prep for this.

For those who have interviewed here, how do you access the actual interview? I’m confused by this whole “ticket” thing and when I scan the QR code it just takes me to ticket registration.

For those who have interviewed here, how do you access the actual interview? I’m confused by this whole “ticket” thing and when I scan the QR code it just takes me to ticket registration.
There was a zoom link included with my confirmation, however I think they may have sent it out a week or so before my interview. I interviewed in October so I don't remember 100%

Hi guys,

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten interviews and acceptances! I'm excited to have an interview coming up here next week (also pretty nervous lol), I would really appreciate if anyone has some insights to share or would like to do some interview prep with me :) I don't really have any family or friends who have gone into medicine so other than Dr. Gray's book, I'm not too sure how to best prep for this.
+1 😭 my interview is this Friday and it’s my first one, I’m so nervous. Any tips/suggestions from people who interviewed or is a current student?

+1 😭 my interview is this Friday and it’s my first one, I’m so nervous. Any tips/suggestions from people who interviewed or is a current student?
I felt it was pretty low stress. Just know why you want to be a physician, why DO, why Kansas COM. Mock interviews really helped me prepare

Huge update:

Had my II yesterday, they said as of this week they are now eligible for Title IV Federal aid and loans!!! For upcoming class!

• Care
Huge update:

Had my II yesterday, they said as of this week they are now eligible for Title IV Federal aid and loans!!! For upcoming class!
OMGGG THAT IS AMAZINGGG.
i'm waitlisted so I hope I get off of it

For applicants/students who have interviewed, any tips or suggestions on prep? I have mine this week and the more research I do, the more I’m excited about the school. I’m curious about how their research efforts and the reality of the MI10 curriculum