Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this where I tell them I won't be done with my Hep B until early July...?
I just emailed them...not gonna happen by May...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha the email has link that shows you can read the report! Hopefully you're not a criminal!
Oooh it's completed like a few minutes after you submit. Haha I just checked now. Everything was highlighted in yellow and at first I thought it meant they found something. My heart dropped! But I'm not a criminal :happy:

Oooh it's completed like a few minutes after you submit. Haha I just checked now. Everything was highlighted in yellow and at first I thought it meant they found something. My heart dropped! But I'm not a criminal :happy:

Hahaha yeah that's seriously what happened with me! I was like "oh shoot...they caught me!" ;)

Anybody hear anything back regarding acceptances? I'm guessing not since its been eerily quiet… :whistle:

For those who are wondering about health insurance requirements, the second page of the matriculation packet form has the option which says "No, I do not have health insurance for myself. I understand that I must provide insurance information to KCUMB before matriculation."

I think this means that you don't have to buy insurance before May 1, but you promise them that you will do it before starting school. BUT, you do have to send them this form before May 1 so they know what you will be doing.

Any info on how the AOA match turned out for those who entered? Or how many people in the class entered the AOA match or are holding out for MD match?

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 2 users
You don't know me, but I've seen you post from time to time on this forum (in general) and I really hope you get in. GL!
I think that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me this year ;) Thanks :)

Does anybody have any insight into what the Office of Student Affairs is like at KCU? Mostly in terms of things like career advising, finding summer research opportunities, etc. Does the staff know their stuff, and are they active in helping student become involved?

Reactions: 1 users
Need some advice, especially since it is impossible to get ahold of anyone at KCU. I got my validity screening back a month ago and didn't bother to check it because I knew it would come up clean. Well a few days later I looked at it because I was interested to see what the screening looked like and I'm a bit paranoid. Well two red flags showed up, so I opened it up and it says that I plead guilty to two misdemeanors for driving an unregistered car. I was dumbfounded because I'm pretty sure I'd know if i plead guilty to something like that or even had a citation for driving an unregistered vehicle. I looked at the report a little further and under lists of names and aliases it has some random dudes name as my alias. I wanted to double check my record to make sure that It was clean so I went to the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and had my record pulled and of course it came back squeaky clean.
Not sure what to do at this point. I've tried over and over to get ahold of someone at KCU, even left a message concerning the issue and have received no phone call in the last 3 weeks or more. Not sure if they ignored me because it was a non issue or what? Not sure what to do at this point.

Need some advice, especially since it is impossible to get ahold of anyone at KCU. I got my validity screening back a month ago and didn't bother to check it because I knew it would come up clean. Well a few days later I looked at it because I was interested to see what the screening looked like and I'm a bit paranoid. Well two red flags showed up, so I opened it up and it says that I plead guilty to two misdemeanors for driving an unregistered car. I was dumbfounded because I'm pretty sure I'd know if i plead guilty to something like that or even had a citation for driving an unregistered vehicle. I looked at the report a little further and under lists of names and aliases it has some random dudes name as my alias. I wanted to double check my record to make sure that It was clean so I went to the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and had my record pulled and of course it came back squeaky clean.
Not sure what to do at this point. I've tried over and over to get ahold of someone at KCU, even left a message concerning the issue and have received no phone call in the last 3 weeks or more. Not sure if they ignored me because it was a non issue or what? Not sure what to do at this point.
Whoa that's insane! I learned that the best time to call them is in the afternoon. They NEVER pick up in the morning for some reason. Just keep calling and I hope this issue gets resolved.

Does anybody have any insight into what the Office of Student Affairs is like at KCU? Mostly in terms of things like career advising, finding summer research opportunities, etc. Does the staff know their stuff, and are they active in helping student become involved?

Anyone?

All done ! Just need to send in my transcripts from a couple schools and get my physical done.

Nice! I had some titers done for my hep b, but I need TDAP and meningitis shots still. Plus, for some reason I am not immune to measles anymore (even though I had the MMR shot years ago), so now I have to get the MMR shot AGAIN, wait...and then get ANOTHER titer to make sure I am immune. Ugh!

Nice! I had some titers done for my hep b, but I need TDAP and meningitis shots still. Plus, for some reason I am not immune to measles anymore (even though I had the MMR shot years ago), so now I have to get the MMR shot AGAIN, wait...and then get ANOTHER titer to make sure I am immune. Ugh

I am in the same boat as you with the MMR....Are you getting one or both series?

You haven't scheduled a single shot yet?? I'm about ready to get my second one. Then come the titers...

I found all of my immunizations records and have all of the requirements. So I'll be starting with the titers first and then they'll determine if I need any boosters, etc. which hopefully I don't haha. And I'll be doing my physical at the same time so hopefully it'll all be done in one appointment hehe

This is totally weird question, but where do most students do their grocery if they live in Century Towers? I'm from California so I'm trying to find any names that I recognize from Google Maps but none of them sound familiar.

I saw a Sam's Club driving into KC on 70 other than that I'm in the same boat as you.

Aldi's

Some rough math here: my wife and I save about $25 a week by shopping at Aldi's (our old bill at Piggly wiggly or Pick n Save averaged at $75 and our Aldi bill ranges between 40-50 a week). So we have saved roughly $2,000 in the past year and a half since we started shopping there. There is one a few blocks from CT. You dont get a whole ton of choices, you need a quarter to get a grocery cart. But seriously its awesome. Whenever I walk into a normal grocery store I hate it now because I dont need 27 different options for green beans. Just give me a cheap can of green beans dangit. (as an example)

Ok, back to being silent haha.

Aldi's

Some rough math here: my wife and I save about $25 a week by shopping at Aldi's (our old bill at Piggly wiggly or Pick n Save averaged at $75 and our Aldi bill ranges between 40-50 a week). So we have saved roughly $2,000 in the past year and a half since we started shopping there. There is one a few blocks from CT. You dont get a whole ton of choices, you need a quarter to get a grocery cart. But seriously its awesome. Whenever I walk into a normal grocery store I hate it now because I dont need 27 different options for green beans. Just give me a cheap can of green beans dangit. (as an example)

Ok, back to being silent haha.

Lol, campus police advises against going here. I guess it should be fine in day time.

This is totally weird question, but where do most students do their grocery if they live in Century Towers? I'm from California so I'm trying to find any names that I recognize from Google Maps but none of them sound familiar.

Aldi is close and cheap, I'd just go while its light out, but I don't think that store is that bad. There are also a bunch of Hyvee stores about 10 minutes away which is my personal favorite. If you use coupons or and don't mind buying some off brand stuff they actually aren't much more expensive than Aldi and the people that work there are awesome. Plus you can get gas discounts at Hyvee, I usually save around 30-40 cents/gallon with them. There's also a Costco about 5 minutes south of downtown (10 minutes from CT). There's a Cosentino's downtown which is kind of like whole foods, and is also as expensive. There are other stores like price chopper around, but i just use Hyvee and Costco and would go to Aldi if I lived near there.

So anyone have to wait longer than 2 weeks for their background check stuff?

I submitted mine on Feb 3rd and all I have received so far is a "receipt/purchase confirmation" like an hour after I submitted it.

Hey guys any idea when we'll hear back for people who interviewed in Jan?
I interviewed Jan 22 and emailed brooke birdsong last Friday. She said that decisions will be made this week. So contact them if you don't hear anything by Friday.

Waitlisted… Kinda heartbroken on this one. Hopefully there is some waitlist movement

Waitlisted… Kinda heartbroken on this one. Hopefully there is some waitlist movement

I would expect there to be movement in the next month or so, especially since the deadline for sending in Matriculation fees is approaching. Some people may have just put down their acceptance fee to hold a seat but have decided to go somewhere else. Don't give up yet !