-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who have already interviewed this year, were there alot of behavioral-type questions and also did they ask you any science related stuff. I know some people were writing about that last year
Sorry if this response is a little late! I interviewed on 09/11/15, and I did not get asked any science questions during my interviews. One of my interviewers did ask a lot of scenario questions, however. Such as would I perform an abortion as a physician, would I perform physician-assisted suicide if asked by one of my patients, etc. So be prepared for some medical ethics questions if you have an interview! Other than that, the questions were your typical medical school interview questions such as why medicine, why a doctor, what do you want to specialize in, where do you want to practice medicine, etc. Oh and they do ask if you have done any mission work or if you would be open to going on a medical mission trip. Hope this helps!
@Booster_Gold when did you interview?
9/14!
If any of you ladies need a place to stay when you come for the interview, please PM me. I would be more than happy to accommodate, it will be a couch to sleep in, but free haha
If you go to your myliberty page you can access your status through the assist tab. then general information.Where do you check your status?
II! Submitted secondary 10/23.
Who here interviewed 10/19? I feel like it went well, but I can stand the wait to hear back!
Accepted!!! 🙂 Got the call today. Very high chance that I'll be going here. Hopefully, the facebook page is up soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!!! 🙂 Got the call today. Very high chance that I'll be going here. Hopefully, the facebook page is up soon!
I got accepted today as well!! Have you received an email yet about what we need to do next in order to solidify a spot?
@Don Chacho when did you interview?
October 16th
Oct 20th🙂@Docta Kitty Kitty when did you interview?
I got accepted today as well!! Have you received an email yet about what we need to do next in order to solidify a spot?
Nope! Dr.Martin said I should be getting an email today but haven't received anything so far. @Don Chacho, have you?
Oct 20th🙂
Is there a change on your portal?
@hexane19 Where in the portal am I exactly looking? And what am i looking for? Sorry, not too familiar with it. I logged into the My LU login and well, i see a lot of different options for exploring information/email, etc... but where would the application status be listed?
Actually, I did get the admissions email... it goes to your Liberty email and not your personal one.
Nope! Dr.Martin said I should be getting an email today but haven't received anything so far. @Don Chacho, have you?
Not yet. He told me it would be tomorrow. Do you care to let me know through here when you get it? Or you can just send me a personal message on SDN. I'll be sure to do the same.
II. Submitted 10/24. Invite 10/26
Considering not going due to http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/lucom-pros-and-cons-from-current-students.1133917/
Considering not going due to http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/lucom-pros-and-cons-from-current-students.1133917/
I read through this, and I'm confused as to why what is written discredits a medical school for you?II. Submitted 10/24. Invite 10/26
Considering not going due to http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/lucom-pros-and-cons-from-current-students.1133917/
You knew that this was a Christian school before you applied, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. Do you guys know when the immunizations, drug screens etc are due? In the email they sent us it says to complete by 12/14 i think? while on portal it says complete by march, 1 2016. Just confused about this.
Anyone else interview the week of 10/19 not hear back yet? I'm starting to have a panic attack 🤢
I interviewed 10/19 and still haven't heard back. They did say like 3 weeks but hearing people get called so early is disheartening
Oct 20th🙂
What're your stats if you don't mind?
I interviewed 10/19 and still haven't heard back. They did say like 3 weeks but hearing people get called so early is disheartening
Yea it's worrisome =(
I want to call to ask what the deal is
Hey guys. Do you guys know when the immunizations, drug screens etc are due? In the email they sent us it says to complete by 12/14 i think? while on portal it says complete by march, 1 2016. Just confused about this.
It says 12/18/15 on my LU page.
It says 12/18/15 on my LU page.
Where does it say you are accepted in the ASIST or LU page????
What're your stats if you don't mind?
3.33 sGPA, 3.49 cGPA, 24 MCAT
Where does it say you are accepted in the ASIST or LU page????
Click on ASIST then General Information then Application Status.
.
Last edited:
Thank you!I think it just means you've had the interview. It means you're lacking it. It says that for mine for BCHEM. The number I believe tells you how many credit hours you're missing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this anyone's first choice (honestly and not sarcastically). Please only answer if you APPLIED HERE. All the pictures that I've seen look like they did a good job with the new tech equipment.
I can't say for sure if this is my first choice at this time, but it's definitely in my top 3. I really liked the professors I spoke with at the interview as well as the admissions staff. They were all incredibly welcoming and genuine about their mission and values. As far as the facility, I was very impressed. Because the institution is so new, everything they have is up to date with current technology. I think this is a great school and you will get a quality education here.
This and one other are my top choices, so it's just a matter of hearing back from the other and deciding from there. A lot of people are really hesitant with a brand new school, but I see it as malleable. I had an interview with the anatomy professor, and she and I were talking about some experience that I have had with my anatomy emphasis in my undergrad. She then said that she would like to do some of the things that I was required to do as an undergrad in her own class, and I am really looking forward to working with her as a potential TA. So you can make suggestions if you don't like things that are going on in the school, and it's likely that they will be changed if it really is a positive move.Is this anyone's first choice (honestly and not sarcastically). Please only answer if you APPLIED HERE. All the pictures that I've seen look like they did a good job with the new tech equipment.
Anyways, that's just one reason why I loved this school so much when I went there. I'm pretty sure that there's going to have to be a family emergency in order for me to NOT attend LUCOM.
I had similar thoughts after my interview.
Actually the interview seemed to dispel many worries that I've gained from SDN. However, some may linger.
I do wonder how the classes are doing (no current board scores) and I wonder if future PD for residency will look unfavorably upon LUCOM grads.
But everything I saw on interview day really set the bar high for other schools. Excellent facilities and the students and faculty seemed very nice!
I wonder if RVUCOM received this much skepticism when they first started?
For those of you that received the acceptance phone call - how long did you have to wait until the acceptance email?
Actually the interview seemed to dispel many worries that I've gained from SDN. However, some may linger.
I do wonder how the classes are doing (no current board scores) and I wonder if future PD for residency will look unfavorably upon LUCOM grads.
But everything I saw on interview day really set the bar high for other schools. Excellent facilities and the students and faculty seemed very nice!
I wonder if RVUCOM received this much skepticism when they first started?
For those of you that received the acceptance phone call - how long did you have to wait until the acceptance email?
It says 12/18/15 on my LU page.
Okay now i'm really confused. Since it has a different date on mine. So the Drug screen, immunizations, and proof of insurance are all due for you by 12/18/15? What date does everyone else here have on their mylu widget for the different items?
I think it just means you've had the interview. It means you're lacking it. It says that for mine for BCHEM. The number I believe tells you how many credit hours you're missing.
Hey. Did they recently add the requirement for Bchem with lab? On the requirements page it says that " Biochemistry or Cellular Biology: One course (3-5 semester hours/6-8 quarter hours). Two semesters of biochemistry or completion of both courses are highly recommended." It never said it had to be with lab, just completion of either courses with either 3-5 semester hours?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K