LMU CVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah that’s a lot of driving for one person! Hopefully you find someone to join you.
Plan change, driving from the airport which is much more manageable! Anyone interested in carpooling I’m still more than happy to do so
 
Hey guys,
If anyone else applied to Michigan State I created a new discussion thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven’t heard anything since August. I submitted in July though
Honestly, the time you submitted your application probably doesn't have much to do with when you hear back. I submitted mine Sep. 9th & had an interview Nov. 4th, won't hear back again until any time from December-April. I think they inform people of interview decisions based on when the app review is done on their side, but I'm not 100% sure.
 
Hey everyone! For anyone that has had interviews yet did they mention the number of applicants that applied? I have a friend that currently attends LMU, and they were informed at a class/deans meeting this week that there was a large increase in applicants from last years cycle. Any thoughts?
 
Hey everyone! For anyone that has had interviews yet did they mention the number of applicants that applied? I have a friend that currently attends LMU, and they were informed at a class/deans meeting this week that there was a large increase in applicants from last years cycle. Any thoughts?
They had over 1800 applicants and they said they were planning on inviting over 600 people for interviews
 
Basically if you got an interview, you’re competing for a 1/5 spot

Don’t forget that they over-accept their class and I would imagine go through a decent chunk of their waitlist because accepted students end up choosing a more established and/or cheaper school 🙂
 
Hey everyone interviewing tomorrow quick question! Are we supposed to not arrive at all until 15 min ahead of our interview itself or do we come and register and don’t go to the actual interview until 15 min before? The directions are a little confusing.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone interviewing tomorrow quick question! Are we supposed to not arrive at all until 15 min ahead of our interview itself or do we come and register and don’t go to the actual interview until 15 min before? The directions are a little confusing.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I took it as don’t come until 15 minutes before the time you signed up for online, I hope that’s right!
 
There have been various posts on the APVMA facebook page recently regarding LMU. Someone emailed admissions and, yes, they will do interviews through February.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Last cycle I also had a friend that interviewed in November but he still didn’t hear until late January.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
For those who have already interviewed, does anyone know when in December we might hear?
I think it’s typically three weeks after the interview right? But with the holiday it might not be till January
Edit: sorry was thinking of MWU. I don’t think we hear until after interviews are done and they go through February...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also not sure if this is true or not, but I heard they were planning on only interviewing 400 people. Someone said that on the Facebook post so please correct me if I’m wrong.
 
Also not sure if this is true or not, but I heard they were planning on only interviewing 400 people. Someone said that on the Facebook post so please correct me if I’m wrong.
At my interview I was told 1880 applicants, 700 interviews
 
I remember the total number but I completely forgot how many interview invites were sent out. I figured 400 seemed really low for that many applicants (at least for LMU). Thanks!
 
Hello all! I have a question regarding how many out of state / in state ratios they take? I am from Florida and I read from another forum they focus more on their in states students than out of state but I would love to hear from you guys and any current students in the class. Thanks so much! Best of luck to everyone!
 
Hello all! I have a question regarding how many out of state / in state ratios they take? I am from Florida and I read from another forum they focus more on their in states students than out of state but I would love to hear from you guys and any current students in the class. Thanks so much! Best of luck to everyone!

Since it’s a private school there are no in-state or out of state residents, they focus on students in the Appalachia area.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Just saw the LMU Instagram story and they’re mailing out early admission offers for some of you who’ve already interviewed!

I saw that too. Wondering if it’s strictly through snail mail or if they also email. Does anyone know?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad