Quantcast

MCG vs UAB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alicia22222

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having a tough time deciding in between MCG and UAB. I am a GA resident so MCG wins in terms of tuition but, it seems like UAB is way better for research. Also, I know that I definitely do not want to stay at MCG for residency. UAB's residency program has a great reputation and their previous match lists show that they take a lot of their own med students for their residency programs. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

blueharbor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see that nobody has responded, so I'll just say I would definitely choose UAB for the superior reputation and opportunities (both for research and residency placement.) Plus, as a former Birmingham resident, it's a great town and getting better every day (especially if you like craft beer).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.