You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UT Houston (McGovern)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to all who matched! What are the chances of getting off waitlist with another texas A? asking for a friend...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome to Houston!Matched!!
Matched!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! 🙂
beepboop39
Full Member
in the same boat! just making sure, everyone who matched somewhere else but ranked mcgovern higher than their match is automatically on the waitlist, right?Congrats to all who matched! What are the chances of getting off waitlist with another texas A? asking for a friend...
anyone know how many people usually get off the waitlist at McGovern : (
Are you on WLanyone know how many people usually get off the waitlist at McGovern : (
Did you get an email
premedhopeful04
Full Member
Matched!
beachcowboy
Full Member
Wondering this as well!in the same boat! just making sure, everyone who matched somewhere else but ranked mcgovern higher than their match is automatically on the waitlist, right?
lonestarapplicant
Full Member
Yep!in the same boat! just making sure, everyone who matched somewhere else but ranked mcgovern higher than their match is automatically on the waitlist, right?
Based on last years thread it seems like waitlist emails came out a couple weeks after match day and it did seem like there was quite a bit of movement just based on SDN posts so hang in there! Grateful for where I matched but will also be waiting with y’all for WL news.
I think there will be a lot less WL movement from here on out, especially with a school like McGovern, since Baylor is a part of TMDSAS now.Yep!
Based on last years thread it seems like waitlist emails came out a couple weeks after match day and it did seem like there was quite a bit of movement just based on SDN posts so hang in there! Grateful for where I matched but will also be waiting with y’all for WL news.
I was wondering though if anyone has gotten a WL email from McGovern? Hoping I didn't miss out 🙂
lonestarapplicant
Full Member
Honestly this is a really good point, in the past i’ve talked to countless students/residents (even my tour guide at McGovern) who got into their med schools getting pulled off waitlists but with Baylor now being TMDSAS we could see less movement than usual. Still, a lot of new things going on this year so we’ll just see how it goes.I think there will be a lot less WL movement from here on out, especially with a school like McGovern, since Baylor is a part of TMDSAS now.
I was wondering though if anyone has gotten a WL email from McGovern? Hoping I didn't miss out 🙂
To my knowledge McGovern has not sent out any waitlist emails and I wouldn’t stress it as the WL process will be automatic as it’s been in past years.
Just got WL email!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Just got WL email!
Just got the waitlist email saying I was not being offered a spot on waitlist. Best of luck to everyone!!! Thank you for all your support!
OOS WL email just now
lonestarapplicant
Full Member
Got the WL email just now but website isn’t working to accept my spot!
+1OOS WL email just now
+1Got the WL email just now but website isn’t working to accept my spot!
Diabolic-Acidosis
Full Member
Sorry to hear that. I was under the impression that all interviewees that didn't match went on the waitlist.Just got the waitlist email saying I was not being offered a spot on waitlist. Best of luck to everyone!!! Thank you for all your support!
Diabolic-Acidosis
Full Member
Similar situation. I was able to accept from my computer vs mobile device.Got the WL email just now but website isn’t working to accept my spot!
It varies from school to schoolSorry to hear that. I was under the impression that all interviewees that didn't match went on the waitlist.
lonestarapplicant
Full Member
Can’t get on their portal at all, think it might be down. Just gonna keep trying till it goes back up.Similar situation. I was able to accept from my computer vs mobile device.
Diabolic-Acidosis
Full Member
I guess it varies school to school according to wysdoc. Also, just read through the thread for last year and it looks like McGovern was “selective” last year as well.I thought everyone is automatically put on the waitlist for schools they ranked higher than the school they matched to
Are the exceptions to this?
it varies from school to school.I thought everyone is automatically put on the waitlist for schools they ranked higher than the school they matched to
Are the exceptions to this?
mentioned this above but I think we can expect less WL movement this year with Baylor having joined TMDSASBased on last year's forum, it seems that there is a lot of movement with the waitlist within the first couple of weeks.
That makes sense. It also did not seem like there was much oos movement unfortunatelymentioned this above but I think we can expect less WL movement this year with Baylor having joined TMDSAS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sillygoofymood!
New Member
+1!!!!Just got WL email!
The_Night_Is_Young
Full Member
+1Just got WL email!
Guy On A Buffalo
Full Member
OOS WL rn
Wasn't baylor part of tmdsas last application cycle too though?mentioned this above but I think we can expect less WL movement this year with Baylor having joined TMDSAS
I thought they joined this year for the first time, but I may be mistakenWasn't baylor part of tmdsas last application cycle too though?
I think they joined in 2021, so they would've been part of tmdsas for the 2021-2022 cycleI thought they joined this year for the first time, but I may be mistaken
Yes it was, but those people who read older posts on SDN might be misled by the larger number of people that used to drop a TMDSAS schools to go to Baylor after Match Day. We don't get that particular pattern of movement any more.Wasn't baylor part of tmdsas last application cycle too though?
Last edited:
ah, great point!Yes it was, but those people who read older posts on SDN might be misled but the larger number of people dropping a TMDSAS schools to go to Baylor after Match Day. We don't get that particular pattern of movement any more.
Petty Potato
New Member
Has anyone been able to get into the portal yet?
Nope mine still won't openHas anyone been able to get into the portal yet?
Petty Potato
New Member
Mine just let me in 🙂
Also got WL email yesterday
tylerfake1
Full Member
Is there any statistic that shows amount of people on the waitlist and number of people who get off? (i.e. are we realistically looking at a 1% shot to get off the waitlist or 10%). Just want a ballpark number to not get my hopes up too much.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This only happens when someone who previously planned to attend has to withdraw at the last minute. Life happens. There is no need to ascribe ulterior motives to the school in such events.I also wanted to add that I find it so bizarre and very inconsiderate that offers can be sent out as late as orientation. No matter what, everyone deserves to have time to make plans!!! And the idea of waiting that long sounds like a complete nightmare. My heart goes out to everyone on waitlists especially those that don't have at least one acceptance somewhere.
Agree. I would think it is a boon to the person who got that call on July 30th since it means they didnt spend the next year reapplying, associated inconveniences be darned.This only happens when someone who previously planned to attend has to withdraw at the last minute. Life happens. There is no need to ascribe ulterior motives to the school in such events.
One must remember this call only goes to people who didnt get in anywhere in Texas.
guacamoleandchips
New Member
Didn't match on Friday, waitlisted yesterday, got the A today!! Only texas II so super pumped
Diabolic-Acidosis
Full Member
Congrats! Email or phone call?Didn't match on Friday, waitlisted yesterday, got the A today!! Only texas II so super pumped
wecandream
New Member
Do you guys think that the time we accepted the waitlist invite will have any effect on if we get removed from the waitlist?