2022-2023 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Matched and so surprised and happy and scared and excited šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to all who matched! What are the chances of getting off waitlist with another texas A? asking for a friend...

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all who matched! Out of curiosity, do they typically have their oos seats filled by now, or does that continue to get figured out moving forward? It has been crickets since my interview 10/28.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all who matched! What are the chances of getting off waitlist with another texas A? asking for a friend...
in the same boat! just making sure, everyone who matched somewhere else but ranked mcgovern higher than their match is automatically on the waitlist, right?

anyone know how many people usually get off the waitlist at McGovern : (

Reactions: 3 users
in the same boat! just making sure, everyone who matched somewhere else but ranked mcgovern higher than their match is automatically on the waitlist, right?
Yep!

Based on last years thread it seems like waitlist emails came out a couple weeks after match day and it did seem like there was quite a bit of movement just based on SDN posts so hang in there! Grateful for where I matched but will also be waiting with yā€™all for WL news.

Reactions: 4 users
Yep!

Based on last years thread it seems like waitlist emails came out a couple weeks after match day and it did seem like there was quite a bit of movement just based on SDN posts so hang in there! Grateful for where I matched but will also be waiting with yā€™all for WL news.
I think there will be a lot less WL movement from here on out, especially with a school like McGovern, since Baylor is a part of TMDSAS now.

I was wondering though if anyone has gotten a WL email from McGovern? Hoping I didn't miss out :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think there will be a lot less WL movement from here on out, especially with a school like McGovern, since Baylor is a part of TMDSAS now.

I was wondering though if anyone has gotten a WL email from McGovern? Hoping I didn't miss out :)
Honestly this is a really good point, in the past iā€™ve talked to countless students/residents (even my tour guide at McGovern) who got into their med schools getting pulled off waitlists but with Baylor now being TMDSAS we could see less movement than usual. Still, a lot of new things going on this year so weā€™ll just see how it goes.

To my knowledge McGovern has not sent out any waitlist emails and I wouldnā€™t stress it as the WL process will be automatic as itā€™s been in past years.

Just got the waitlist email saying I was not being offered a spot on waitlist. Best of luck to everyone!!! Thank you for all your support!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Just got the waitlist email saying I was not being offered a spot on waitlist. Best of luck to everyone!!! Thank you for all your support!
Sorry to hear that. I was under the impression that all interviewees that didn't match went on the waitlist.

I thought everyone is automatically put on the waitlist for schools they ranked higher than the school they matched to
Are the exceptions to this?
I guess it varies school to school according to wysdoc. Also, just read through the thread for last year and it looks like McGovern was ā€œselectiveā€ last year as well.

Based on last year's forum, it seems that there is a lot of movement with the waitlist within the first couple of weeks.

Based on last year's forum, it seems that there is a lot of movement with the waitlist within the first couple of weeks.
mentioned this above but I think we can expect less WL movement this year with Baylor having joined TMDSAS

mentioned this above but I think we can expect less WL movement this year with Baylor having joined TMDSAS
That makes sense. It also did not seem like there was much oos movement unfortunately

Wasn't baylor part of tmdsas last application cycle too though?
Yes it was, but those people who read older posts on SDN might be misled by the larger number of people that used to drop a TMDSAS schools to go to Baylor after Match Day. We don't get that particular pattern of movement any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yes it was, but those people who read older posts on SDN might be misled but the larger number of people dropping a TMDSAS schools to go to Baylor after Match Day. We don't get that particular pattern of movement any more.
ah, great point!

Looking forward to spending the next month and a half spam refreshing my email.

Is there any statistic that shows amount of people on the waitlist and number of people who get off? (i.e. are we realistically looking at a 1% shot to get off the waitlist or 10%). Just want a ballpark number to not get my hopes up too much.

I also wanted to add that I find it so bizarre and very inconsiderate that offers can be sent out as late as orientation. No matter what, everyone deserves to have time to make plans!!! And the idea of waiting that long sounds like a complete nightmare. My heart goes out to everyone on waitlists especially those that don't have at least one acceptance somewhere.
This only happens when someone who previously planned to attend has to withdraw at the last minute. Life happens. There is no need to ascribe ulterior motives to the school in such events.

Reactions: 10 users
This only happens when someone who previously planned to attend has to withdraw at the last minute. Life happens. There is no need to ascribe ulterior motives to the school in such events.
Agree. I would think it is a boon to the person who got that call on July 30th since it means they didnt spend the next year reapplying, associated inconveniences be darned.

One must remember this call only goes to people who didnt get in anywhere in Texas.

Reactions: 5 users
Didn't match on Friday, waitlisted yesterday, got the A today!! Only texas II so super pumped

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users
Do you guys think that the time we accepted the waitlist invite will have any effect on if we get removed from the waitlist?