2022-2023 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I said you and I will be going to bars but if @MCAThiccy shows up we will instead go to Indian joints since thats what he wanted to do in Houston and he is being deprived.
Oooooh, I gotcha lol! Sounds like a plan!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey hey hey, nobody is going to Indian joints without me. I don't mention it quite as much as Thiccy, but I am a serious foodie!

Foodie Grub GIF by Joel James
You can be honest, that's why McGovern won out. Houston food is unmatched. I'm inviting myself on the non-trad TMC food tour.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can be honest, that's why McGovern won out. Houston food is unmatched. I'm inviting myself on the non-trad TMC food tour.
Hahaha!! I can't say it isn't factored in. Not so much because of restaurants, though, as much as how much I'd be missing my wife's cooking if I bounced to Austin. Without an air fryer or Recipe Tin Eats (dot com), I'm useless in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Hey guys! First off congrats to all the people accepted off the waitlist. I just had a super quick question. Does anyone know the time period when waitlist movement is no longer expected? I know it depends based on every cycle, but I was just curious to see if we should expect any more waitlist movement. Thank you!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! First off congrats to all the people accepted off the waitlist. I just had a super quick question. Does anyone know the time period when waitlist movement is no longer expected? I know it depends based on every cycle, but I was just curious to see if we should expect any more waitlist movement. Thank you!!!
Another month or so! (if you hold no TMDSAS admissions currently)

Last edited:
It kind of ends today if you have an admission elsewhere in Texas though right.
I was thinking about pulling a May Fool's prank on my wife and telling her I got off the waitlist at UTSW today and just cannot resist :lol: buuuut, I really like it when she likes me, so I'll refrain. Would be so fun, though haha!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
so if we dont have an acceptance in texas we can still get off the WL after today??

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys!! So happy to say, I have been accepted this week. I was on the waitlist and had been planning on a different school. But McGovern was my #1 choice! Texas here I come!

Can't wait to see y'all on campus.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hello, I have been creeping on this forum since I was placed on the waitlist. I am super excited for everyone who has been called off, but I am also starting to worry. I have a back-up plan in the form of a master's program, but I really wanted to go to Mcgovern. When should I be realistic and accept that I missed the mark this year?

Hello, I have been creeping on this forum since I was placed on the waitlist. I am super excited for everyone who has been called off, but I am also starting to worry. I have a back-up plan in the form of a master's program, but I really wanted to go to Mcgovern. When should I be realistic and accept that I missed the mark this year?
Anyone IS getting admitted at this point is hitting a lottery and this is for all medical schools. In a lot of cases, someone identical to your profile (race, sex, credentials) has to drop out for you to be able to match. You should be making preparations to reapply or do other things for this year while secretly hoping you hit the lottery.

Has anyone received any form of scholarship through the scholarship application yet?

Has anyone received any form of scholarship through the scholarship application yet?
Some people were notified last month (there were a couple who demanded to know in order to decide by May 15th) and I am aware of someone who also heard around 20th(?) without putting any pressure.