You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UT Houston (McGovern)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They didn't pick me. They didn't choose me. They didn't love me 🙁
+1. my MD LOR writer was from here so he’s gonna be bummed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shocking they didnt offer an interview.Pre II R
D
deleted1141024
It's alright @beansncheese and I can't complain.Shocking they didnt offer an interview.
Congratulations on all your successes. I see @beansncheese is getting accepted all over the country. It is going to be hard to make these decisions for you.It's alright @beansncheese and I can't complain.
D
deleted1141024
Thank you and yes it is gonna be difficult but they are good problems to have.Congratulations on all your successes. I see @beansncheese is getting accepted all over the country. It is going to be hard to make these decisions for you.
I got a post-II R; they are on fire today when it comes to rejecting ppl
Is McGovern only sending post II R to MD/PHD Applicants or are MD only applicants also consider for a post II R?I got a post-II R; they are on fire today when it comes to rejecting ppl
hmmmm I think @Tiredroseeing is an MD/PhD applicant but @kitties5ever is regular MD.Is McGovern only sending post II R to MD/PHD Applicants or are MD only applicants also consider for a post II R?
Is this correct, you two?
D
deleted1106377
I think kitties posted in the TAMU and not this thread about their R. Luckily they’re still in contention for McGovern. No regular MD (from my understanding) has reported a post-II R on this threadhmmmm I think @Tiredroseeing is an MD/PhD applicant but @kitties5ever is regular MD.
Is this correct, you two?
rainbow458
Full Member
Does anyone have recommendations for apartments close to TMC?
is it too late to send a letter of intent? I'm not sure when mcgovern ranks and I don't know if sending a letter of intent later in the cycle can make a bad impression. Thanks 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure, but it's not like it'll hurt your application. However, I think most of the rankings are probably done alreadyis it too late to send a letter of intent? I'm not sure when mcgovern ranks and I don't know if sending a letter of intent later in the cycle can make a bad impression. Thanks 🙂
what’s your budget?Does anyone have recommendations for apartments close to TMC?
There are usually some OOS offers at approximately the same time, but the Texas schools also try to be careful not to over- offer and overfill their class.I know that oos applicants do not "match," but I am assuming that they hear from the school around match day as well since the schools have their rankings by then?
After April 30, when OOS people may leave a TX offer behind for a school they prefer, there will be offers one by one to fill in the spaces of those who left.
That makes sense. The first bunch of OOS offers is around the time of in-state match offers though? It is so murky everywhere I look for Texas oos information.There are usually some OOS offers at approximately the same time, but the Texas schools also try to be careful not to over- offer and overfill their class.
After April 30, when OOS people may leave a TX offer behind for a school they prefer, there will be offers one by one to fill in the spaces of those who left.
No, there have been some OOS offers starting as early as October 15 2022.That makes sense. The first bunch of OOS offers is around the time of in-state match offers though? It is so murky everywhere I look for Texas oos information.
The maximum number of OOS matriculants can be 10% of the class.
Right, nothing will affect as part of match. OOS People have to drop out (tell the school they dont intend to accept) as time progresses for a school to offer other OOS students. Students with multiple admissions usually start narriowing down starting early April so the schools should be able to consider others then.No, there have been some OOS offers starting as early as October 15 2022.
The maximum number of OOS matriculants can be 10% of the class.
Just got a scholarship offer!! 😭
Congratulations! what kind of offers is UH making?Just got a scholarship offer!! 😭
Haven't heard back from UHCongratulations! what kind of offers is UH making?
Doctor.apply
Full Member
If you don't mind sharing, how much did you get?Just got a scholarship offer!! 😭
Sorry I meant UTH.Haven't heard back from UH
Sorry, was at work! it was 25k/4 yrsIf you don't mind sharing, how much did you get?
Doctor.apply
Full Member
Congrats!Sorry, was at work! it was 25k/4 yrs
100k is a nice chunk of change!Sorry, was at work! it was 25k/4 yrs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!!!Congrats!
beachcowboy
Full Member
This might be a dumb question but I’m not too familiar with the TX system. So if you don’t get a prematch offer but you rank that same school #1 you can still match? Or are you put on waitlist?
Yes you can still match, if the school also lists you high enough. If they don’t, you could match to the #2 school on your rank list, and so on.This might be a dumb question but I’m not too familiar with the TX system. So if you don’t get a prematch offer but you rank that same school #1 you can still match? Or are you put on waitlist?
All this matching up of the lists occurs within the Match algorithm, and on match day you will either match to one school, or get a “no match” message.
Are you instate or OOS?This might be a dumb question but I’m not too familiar with the TX system. So if you don’t get a prematch offer but you rank that same school #1 you can still match? Or are you put on waitlist?
OOS has no match. IS match you rank schools you interviewed at in the order of your preference by 17th deadline.
If you only interviewed at 1 school, you rank them as 1 and leave it at that. You can either get admitted during match or continue to be on waitlist (unless they tell you otherwise after the match is released).
beachcowboy
Full Member
Wow thanks so much for the quick responses guys 🙂 and I qualify as in state applicant, I just am kind of confused with the technicalities lol
go over here for the full explanation with 2 links & a video, @beachcowboy #262Wow thanks so much for the quick responses guys 🙂 and I qualify as in state applicant, I just am kind of confused with the technicalities lol
That's massive, congrats!! Did you apply for this or was it awarded alongside your acceptance as a merit-based scholarship?Just got a scholarship offer!! 😭
Thank you! I didn’t apply, it’s a recruitment scholarship! I pre matched in Dec 🙂)That's massive, congrats!! Did you apply for this or was it awarded alongside your acceptance as a merit-based scholarship?
Just wanted to remind everyone that TMDSAS school rankings need to be done by tomorrow, Feb 17th by 5 PM central!
tylerfake1
Full Member
When do we have to submit our grades for Fall 2022/Spring 2023? Should we wait until March 4th? Wait until Spring 2023 grades and send it all at once?
I think the schools will request a transcript if you match with themWhen do we have to submit our grades for Fall 2022/Spring 2023? Should we wait until March 4th? Wait until Spring 2023 grades and send it all at once?
Guy On A Buffalo
Full Member
Finally decided to make an account after months of lurking. Submitted early June, II early November, Interview early December. OOS, LM 75. Hoping to get some good news from here soon!
Happy to have you here! 🙂Finally decided to make an account after months of lurking. Submitted early June, II early November, Interview early December. OOS, LM 75. Hoping to get some good news from here soon!
hiiii so I know there's only a week (and change) to go until Match day, so yay us! But also the days are dragging! Does anyone have the data about what percentage of those who interviewed here match? I interviewed in october and I'm slowly dying inside 😛
For Texas TMDSAS applicants overall,hiiii so I know there's only a week (and change) to go until Match day, so yay us! But also the days are dragging! Does anyone have the data about what percentage of those who interviewed here match? I interviewed in october and I'm slowly dying inside 😛
about 1/3 of those who apply eventually matriculate,
about 1/2 of those who have had interviews matriculate
I don't have the data broken down by school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ty!For Texas TMDSAS applicants overall,
about 1/3 of those who apply eventually matriculate,
about 1/2 of those who have had interviews matriculate
I don't have the data broken down by school
WAMCthrowaway
Full Member
Matched!!
rockyroad123
New Member
damn did not match to mcgovern )):
Also matched! Super shocked but pleased 😌