2022-2023 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1

Members don't see this ad.

They didn't pick me. They didn't choose me. They didn't love me :(

• Care
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+ pre-II R

Reactions: 1 users
Also received a pre-II R this morning. OOS applicant complete 06/03/22. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I got a post-II R; they are on fire today when it comes to rejecting ppl

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
hmmmm I think @Tiredroseeing is an MD/PhD applicant but @kitties5ever is regular MD.
Is this correct, you two?
I think kitties posted in the TAMU and not this thread about their R. Luckily they’re still in contention for McGovern. No regular MD (from my understanding) has reported a post-II R on this thread

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have recommendations for apartments close to TMC?

is it too late to send a letter of intent? I'm not sure when mcgovern ranks and I don't know if sending a letter of intent later in the cycle can make a bad impression. Thanks :)

is it too late to send a letter of intent? I'm not sure when mcgovern ranks and I don't know if sending a letter of intent later in the cycle can make a bad impression. Thanks :)
I am not sure, but it's not like it'll hurt your application. However, I think most of the rankings are probably done already

Reactions: 2 users
I know that oos applicants do not "match," but I am assuming that they hear from the school around match day as well since the schools have their rankings by then?

I know that oos applicants do not "match," but I am assuming that they hear from the school around match day as well since the schools have their rankings by then?
There are usually some OOS offers at approximately the same time, but the Texas schools also try to be careful not to over- offer and overfill their class.
After April 30, when OOS people may leave a TX offer behind for a school they prefer, there will be offers one by one to fill in the spaces of those who left.

There are usually some OOS offers at approximately the same time, but the Texas schools also try to be careful not to over- offer and overfill their class.
After April 30, when OOS people may leave a TX offer behind for a school they prefer, there will be offers one by one to fill in the spaces of those who left.
That makes sense. The first bunch of OOS offers is around the time of in-state match offers though? It is so murky everywhere I look for Texas oos information.

That makes sense. The first bunch of OOS offers is around the time of in-state match offers though? It is so murky everywhere I look for Texas oos information.
No, there have been some OOS offers starting as early as October 15 2022.
The maximum number of OOS matriculants can be 10% of the class.

No, there have been some OOS offers starting as early as October 15 2022.
The maximum number of OOS matriculants can be 10% of the class.
Right, nothing will affect as part of match. OOS People have to drop out (tell the school they dont intend to accept) as time progresses for a school to offer other OOS students. Students with multiple admissions usually start narriowing down starting early April so the schools should be able to consider others then.

This might be a dumb question but I’m not too familiar with the TX system. So if you don’t get a prematch offer but you rank that same school #1 you can still match? Or are you put on waitlist?

This might be a dumb question but I’m not too familiar with the TX system. So if you don’t get a prematch offer but you rank that same school #1 you can still match? Or are you put on waitlist?
Yes you can still match, if the school also lists you high enough. If they don’t, you could match to the #2 school on your rank list, and so on.
All this matching up of the lists occurs within the Match algorithm, and on match day you will either match to one school, or get a “no match” message.

Reactions: 3 users
Are you instate or OOS?

OOS has no match. IS match you rank schools you interviewed at in the order of your preference by 17th deadline.

If you only interviewed at 1 school, you rank them as 1 and leave it at that. You can either get admitted during match or continue to be on waitlist (unless they tell you otherwise after the match is released).

Wow thanks so much for the quick responses guys :) and I qualify as in state applicant, I just am kind of confused with the technicalities lol

That's massive, congrats!! Did you apply for this or was it awarded alongside your acceptance as a merit-based scholarship?
Thank you! I didn’t apply, it’s a recruitment scholarship! I pre matched in Dec :))

Just wanted to remind everyone that TMDSAS school rankings need to be done by tomorrow, Feb 17th by 5 PM central!

When do we have to submit our grades for Fall 2022/Spring 2023? Should we wait until March 4th? Wait until Spring 2023 grades and send it all at once?

When do we have to submit our grades for Fall 2022/Spring 2023? Should we wait until March 4th? Wait until Spring 2023 grades and send it all at once?
I think the schools will request a transcript if you match with them

Finally decided to make an account after months of lurking. Submitted early June, II early November, Interview early December. OOS, LM 75. Hoping to get some good news from here soon!

hiiii so I know there's only a week (and change) to go until Match day, so yay us! But also the days are dragging! Does anyone have the data about what percentage of those who interviewed here match? I interviewed in october and I'm slowly dying inside :p

hiiii so I know there's only a week (and change) to go until Match day, so yay us! But also the days are dragging! Does anyone have the data about what percentage of those who interviewed here match? I interviewed in october and I'm slowly dying inside :p
For Texas TMDSAS applicants overall,
about 1/3 of those who apply eventually matriculate,
about 1/2 of those who have had interviews matriculate
I don't have the data broken down by school

• Love
  • Hmm
how does the waitlist work? what are the chances of getting off the waitlist?