2022-2023 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys think that the time we accepted the waitlist invite will have any effect on if we get removed from the waitlist?
well I guess "we can dream"
But I think you should all acknowledge or accept your WL email with a positive reply to whatever school adds you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I know of someone who was invited to the waitlist yesterday and then had an email today offering them a spot in the class off of the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Didn't match on Friday, waitlisted yesterday, got the A today!! Only texas II so super pumped
You didnt match anywhere or didn't match to McGovern?

I know of someone who was invited to the waitlist yesterday and then had an email today offering them a spot in the class off of the waitlist!
Different person from the person above?

Members don't see this ad :)
Matched! I’m glad I found this thread! See y’all in July haha

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
WL movement already, so exciting!! Congrats to the two people mentioned who got in off the WL already - that’s awesome!! 😎

Reactions: 3 users
well I guess "we can dream"
But I think you should all acknowledge or accept your WL email with a positive reply to whatever school adds you
Do you have to accept the spot ? Or reply

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that’s insane. McGovern has been sending out a lot of offers. I guess people are being nice and giving up their seats early

Asking this for someone on waitlist but no access to phone. is the waitlist acceptance a phone call or email?

Interesting to see you ranked McGovern over UTSW. What draws you to McGovern?
There’s a lot of reasons, but the biggest one is that I’m a Houston native and all my family/friends are there. :)

There’s a lot of reasons, but the biggest one is that I’m a Houston native and all my family/friends are there. :)
I heard @MCAThiccy's family is wanting to adopt an UTSW student since he is running away from home. We will take care of him if he makes it to Houston.

My mom legit got mad at me for "giving" up UTSW 😬 but yes she will take you in :)
I know how moms think man! It goes like why are you dissing my food and leaving town!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I heard @MCAThiccy's family is wanting to adopt an UTSW student since he is running away from home. We will take care of him if he makes it to Houston.
Haha my family is ecstatic about me moving home since I’m living out of state right now

• Love
I officially withdrew my acceptance today. OOS. Good luck to everyone, and it was a pleasure interacting with all of you.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I officially withdrew my acceptance today. OOS. Good luck to everyone, and it was a pleasure interacting with all of you.
I wonder if they’ll try to coordinate it so that the next spot goes to another OOS applicant or if it’s just one big waitlist

Just got the “Withdrawal” email from McGovern and they ask “why you won’t be matriculating to McGovern?”
I think it’s a nice survey :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the “Withdrawal” email from McGovern and they ask “why you won’t be matriculating to McGovern?”
I think it’s a nice survey :)
I also got a super nice email back from Laura inquiring about my plans. McGovern is a super nice place.

• Love
Just double checking. April 30th is the last day to get off the waitlist if we are already accepted to another TMDSAS school (i.e. we ranked Mcgovern higher but got into a school we ranked lower?)

Just double checking. April 30th is the last day to get off the waitlist if we are already accepted to another TMDSAS school (i.e. we ranked Mcgovern higher but got into a school we ranked lower?)
May 15*

What is the difference between the April 30th vs May 15th deadline? Also can we even make our account/portal for another med school and still get accepted into Mcgovern? Or as soon as we make our account with a different medical school (does this confirm enrollment?) we are effectively committed to the other school?

You can stay on the TMDSAS waitlists until May 15th. After that, your current school is definitely your Texas school.

It seems like an awesome school, but I have an offer elsewhere that I just can't turn down, so I'll probably be withdrawing here
thanks for letting hopeful Texan WLers know. You have had an amazingly successful cycle, @snowman888

• Care
Reactions: 3 users