Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it be incredibly late if I were to submit a secondary this late? Lizzy around 68 (Obviously not the whole picture). Thoughts anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

my top choice school, but i'm not confident
anyone interview here and wanna share feedback?

Members don't see this ad :)
II this AM (like at 1am to be exact). First one! Excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Earliest available dates are in late January! If I pick a date now, is it possible to switch to an earlier date?

Accepted!!! Portal changed yesterday and called to confirm this morning. I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor!

Interviewed 10/28

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! Portal changed yesterday and called to confirm this morning. I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor!

Interviewed 10/28
Congrats!
Also interviewed 10/28 and now I'm worried lol

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone from 10/21 here back yet?

I think they told us good or bad you'd hear back in three weeks

10/21 is coming up on its three weeks pretty soon now...so tempted to call and ask when the AdCom is meeting for our interview day! One of the handouts said 2-4 weeks though...

Interviewed 10/26 and accepted on the portal, but have not received a phone call yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 10/25 and accepted via the portal and email/phone call on 10/27. This was my top choice!

@DHAMZO and any other 10/21 interviewees, I just called and they're meeting for us tomorrow, 11/4, so we should hear back by Monday, per the Admissions office!

@DHAMZO and any other 10/21 interviewees, I just called and they're meeting for us tomorrow, 11/4, so we should hear back by Monday, per the Admissions office!

Woah thanks for the info! was really starting to worry there for a minute >.<

Anyone here interviewing in late November or December?

Anyone here interviewing in late November or December?
Dec 9. I don't think they offered November II
December 8th here! I remember reading something earlier in this thread that said they were interviewing the last week of October then jumping to the first week of December. I don't know 100% if that's the case but when checking on the interview availability occasionally I haven't seen any November dates.

Waiting patiently so for someone to drop a Dec II so I can take it. I don't think I can wait till Jan 25! Also congrats to everyone getting II!

Does anyone know how much financial aid they offer?

Accepted via portal change and called to confirm, interviewed on 10/21! :)

interviewing Dec. 6th if some of y'all will be coming in that early :)

ACCEPTED 11/3! ;) But I am putting it on hold as it is only my first interview of the cycle!

Are any of you that have been accepted and paid your deposit able to see their blackboard "financial aid 101" course?

For current AZCOM students!!
Are there any significant difference between Arizona and California (San Diego and LA)'s rotation sites?
If I want to specialize is it better to select rotations sites at Arizona?
On the email they sent to accepted students they mention that some specific rotation may be missing in California.

Snagged an early Dec II date! Originally had a Late Jan one. See you all there!

do you guys think it's too late to apply here?
I think you still have a chance. I have heard of people completing their interview in March and gaining acceptance.

anyone know what their average mcat is for the new mcat??

Hi sorry I know this has been asked a lot but I am still a bit unclear of the answer - if our portal has changed and lets us submit the deposit...but the checklist shows a missing degree and transcripts..is it an acceptance or waitlist?

I thought acceptance at first because it allows me to go through the process of submitting the deposit (though I haven't yet), but then I read here that missing degree means waitlist. I know I could call but I'm just feeling a bit wimpy at the moment.

Hi sorry I know this has been asked a lot but I am still a bit unclear of the answer - if our portal has changed and lets us submit the deposit...but the checklist shows a missing degree and transcripts..is it an acceptance or waitlist?

I thought acceptance at first because it allows me to go through the process of submitting the deposit (though I haven't yet), but then I read here that missing degree means waitlist. I know I could call but I'm just feeling a bit wimpy at the moment.

Nevermind..bucked up and called and was told that this is the case for everyone's portal once accepted (I have finished school for the record) and it is just because they have to link up with AACOMAS to get all of our paperwork through to the admin office.

Also in case people are curious:
Complete: 8/26
Interviewed: 10/26
Portal changed: 11/6 or maybe the 4th or 5th but I didn't check
Was told I would be getting a call from my counselor shortly. So official email will probably be today?

GPA: 3.67 MCAT: 510

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone is planning on withdrawing from an interview date in December then I would greatly appreciate it if you could DM me so I could snag it :p Don't want to wait all the way till late January haha :help::help::help:

Officially less than 1 month until my interview.... cant waitttttt

Reactions: 1 users