Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Glad to see there are other older students. Turning 28 next week :)

I'm 27! Non-trads unite :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just accepted off the waitlist! I've already been accepted to a cheaper school, anyone here that decided to attend Midwestern despite the cost? Trying to weigh my options.

Me! Mostly I had geographical considerations.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Deferring admission for a year. See you all next year!

I just got in off the alternate list! Anyone else want to find a house near campus?

I was just accepted off the waitlist! I've already been accepted to a cheaper school, anyone here that decided to attend Midwestern despite the cost? Trying to weigh my options.

Congrats! I actually think I was in the same interview group with you at AZCOM. I was accepted off the waitlist too and had the same difficult choice to make because my other options were at least $10k cheaper. In the end it was the exam frequency and lack of a spark (for lack of a better term) that made me choose against it- not the cost.

Of the interviews I got there were only two schools that really gave me a great vibe- my top choice (could be due to bias) and a random school. The random school just felt right- more than my original top choice.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What are you all doing technology wise? I want an all-in-one, but heard an iPad can't playback lectures 2x speed.

Just got accepted off the waitlist today. I declined the offer since I am already in at a school I prefer. Hope it goes to one of my fellow sdn'ers!

What are you all doing technology wise? I want an all-in-one, but heard an iPad can't playback lectures 2x speed.

I have a macbook pro so I'm going to start with that and OneNote. I have a small, somewhat dated tablet that I might use for lectures, and anatomy/flashcard apps.

One Note and look into investing into a tablet. How do they distribute recorded lectures? Is downloadable?

Just got accepted off the waitlist today. I declined the offer since I am already in at a school I prefer. Hope it goes to one of my fellow sdn'ers!
Great, how is your MCAT score in case u want to share

Hi all, I posted in the more current thread but I figured I would ask this here as well.

Just booked my flight for interview this year. Can anyone comment on the best moves in terms of housing? I'll be flying into PHX. Is there uber/lyft from the airport? Is AirBNB a viable option? Can anyone comment on their experience in Drury Inn & Suites, the recommended hotel? Will the school be able to hold my luggage (I plan on flying out right after the interview)? I've reviewed the travel info they sent but would just like an outside perspective!

Hi all, I posted in the more current thread but I figured I would ask this here as well.

Just booked my flight for interview this year. Can anyone comment on the best moves in terms of housing? I'll be flying into PHX. Is there uber/lyft from the airport? Is AirBNB a viable option? Can anyone comment on their experience in Drury Inn & Suites, the recommended hotel? Will the school be able to hold my luggage (I plan on flying out right after the interview)? I've reviewed the travel info they sent but would just like an outside perspective!

I stayed at the Drury. It's a fantastic hotel and there will probably be others interviewers there. A bit pricy but well worth it. Plus free food! As for Luggage. The Drury held mine even after I checked out (I had a late flight) while I saw a movie and I know AZCOM held peoples luggage in the front office. I would just arrive a bit earlier if you are asking the front office to hold your luggage just in case.

I got waitlisted at this school for II. Anyone know how long it would typically take to be taken off the waitlist? And is there anything I should do to perhaps make myself seem interested?

PS - 3.2 GPA, 509 MCAT

I got waitlisted at this school for II. Anyone know how long it would typically take to be taken off the waitlist? And is there anything I should do to perhaps make myself seem interested?

PS - 3.2 GPA, 509 MCAT

You'll have to wait a bit but don't fret yet. You may not hear anything until spring. In the mean time, send up dates when they are positive

is there an accepted students fb page?

You might be looking for the 2017-2018 thread. This thread is for students who matriculated in 2017.

There will be one eventually. We have 2 pages, one is shared with the class above us.