Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to last year's SDN posts, people were pulled off the waitlist starting Apr.18 and throughout May and June. I'm sure people were also accepted in July right before classes started. It should follow a similar trend this year but no one on SDN has been accepted since Apr 17.

Maybe everyone will withdraw today and we'll all get accepted? haha, just kidding ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when most of the waitlist movement happens based on previous years?

So I took the liberty of looking through last year's thread to see the dates and how often (approximately) people were pulled off the waitlist at CCOM and this is what I found:

April 18th
May 8th
May 16th
May 24th
June 20th

Those were the dates posted, however, I know multiple people accepted early June and mid July also. Just thought I'd share for the fellow neurotic waitlister :) looks like there's frequent pulling through May in particular :xf: :xf: Can't wait for this thing to start moving!!!

DrMeows to the rescue if you looked back 1 page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist seems to be a complete gamble. Do most of you guys have other options?

I hope there's a lot of waitlist movement come Thursday/Friday! :( Crossing fingers we all get off it!!!!!

So bizarre how nobody has posted about any wait list movement whatsoever. What is going onnnn?!

So bizarre how nobody has posted about any wait list movement whatsoever. What is going onnnn?!

Ugh idk! Someone posted here last year they got in on the 16th - however I know at least 4 people that got in on the 17th (I remember because it was graduation day). Sooooo who even knows :(

I think I have refreshed my email inbox about 50 times today...

Has anyone heard anything today?

Every time I see this thread at the top my heart jumps a little. And I've also been watching my email like a hawk.

Every time I see this thread at the top my heart jumps a little. And I've also been watching my email like a hawk.

Same here! Aw man

Ugh idk! Someone posted here last year they got in on the 16th - however I know at least 4 people that got in on the 17th (I remember because it was graduation day). Sooooo who even knows :(

Stay positive meows! We've got this!!

I called CCOM and they r going to accept u, so be excited when they call!

The people who posted in April that they were accepted off the wait list all said their email came around 3:00 so every day when 3 comes and there is nothing from CCOM I'm disappointed...honestly, SDN isn't good for my mental health.....

Members don't see this ad :)
The people who posted in April that they were accepted off the wait list all said their email came around 3:00 so every day when 3 comes and there is nothing from CCOM I'm disappointed...honestly, SDN isn't good for my mental health.....

I wonder if its just really the calm before the storm. The last like 10 people that were added to the Facebook group are current med students....yes...I'm nuts....I know....

I wonder if its just really the calm before the storm. The last like 10 people that were added to the Facebook group are current med students....yes...I'm nuts....I know....

Ohhhh..so you think that since no new incoming students have added to the facebook group in a while and nobody has posted on here about acceptances, that mayyyyyybe they're going to do some crazy mass acceptance one of these days...aaaany time now...I was actually sort of thinking that myself. Hoping rather..

Ohhhh..so you think that since no new incoming students have added to the facebook group in a while and nobody has posted on here about acceptances, that mayyyyyybe they're going to do some crazy mass acceptance one of these days...aaaany time now...I was actually sort of thinking that myself. Hoping rather..

Exactly. When all you think about is getting pulled off of a waitlist your mind starts to wander and you fabricate fake
stories about the admissions process lol

Exactly. When all you think about is getting pulled off of a waitlist your mind starts to wander and you fabricate fake

I like the way you think!

I totally get this. I think that's probably how we all feel...I've literally been having dreams about logging onto my portal and seeing CCOM under my accepted student checklist. That's sad. I wonder if the admissions office would be able to say if there has been any movement on the wait list recently? Are they allowed to disclose that?

If I remember what I divulged when I was in the wait list shoes
They accept more than they have seats do they may have 220 acceptances for 215 seats.
So even if one person says I am not coming they are at 219 and no wait list movement.
The list will not move until they get below 215 or whatever number they set as their max for next years class

*above numbers are completely made up and for example purposes only

Nothing for me too :( I'm worried that they've already filled the class since no one from SDN has been taken off the waitlist in May!!

Yea..seems like a rough year for those on wait lists everywhere.

Just got the voicemail!! Congrats to both of us ;) can't wait to see you nxt year.

For anyone who didn't you still have a lot of time.

Congrats!! Did you only get a voicemail, not the email earlier like Brett did?

Congrats guys to all accepted and good luck to all still waiting!

Congrats on acceptances everyone! Do you guys mind sharing when you interviewed at CCOM and if you sent them anything new to get off the waitlist? I've sent updates and a new LOR, but I'm trying to figure out what else I could send them.
Thanks!

Congrats on acceptances everyone! Do you guys mind sharing when you interviewed at CCOM and if you sent them anything new to get off the waitlist? I've sent updates and a new LOR, but I'm trying to figure out what else I could send them.
Thanks!

+1 to this

Also - what is the deadline you guys have on turning in your deposit? I'd like to try and guess when their next meeting will be...

Sure. I interviewed on February 5th and was waitlisted February 20th. I was more on the creepy stalker updates. I sent 3 update/interest letters (with actual updates though), transcripts, and 2 additional LOR

Going to be withdrawing my acceptance, good luck to everyone waiting! I am rootin for you all

This might be a silly question, but are CCOM students required to do rotations at hospitals chosen by the school or can they arrange rotations with other hospitals? We got a list of the top 16 of 66 rotation sites at our interview and they're all Chicago-area hospitals. Does anyone know if we can do out-of-state rotations or international rotations? Thanks.

This might be a silly question, but are CCOM students required to do rotations at hospitals chosen by the school or can they arrange rotations with other hospitals? We got a list of the top 16 of 66 rotation sites at our interview and they're all Chicago-area hospitals. Does anyone know if we can do out-of-state rotations or international rotations? Thanks.

I'm pretty positive you can do your elective rotations wherever you want. And I also believe you are allowed to do one international rotation - though I believe it's only at approved sites and for a limited amount of students (I vaguely remember hearing that - I wasn't that interested in international rotations so I'm not COMPLETELY positive on that one).

I'm pretty positive you can do your elective rotations wherever you want. And I also believe you are allowed to do one international rotation - though I believe it's only at approved sites and for a limited amount of students (I vaguely remember hearing that - I wasn't that interested in international rotations so I'm not COMPLETELY positive on that one).

I think you can do them wherever, but you have more responsibility in setting everything up if you elect to do it at an uncommon site. I remember them saying if you want to go international you have to figure out what hospital you're at and where you're staying and be sure that it counts toward your requirements so I think it just is more work. And I remember them saying you can only do one international as well.

Congrats miss!! Did you send anything in as far as updates or LOIs since placed in the waitlist last month? This wait it killing me!

Thank you!! No updates since I'm not in school, though I did send a LOI about two weeks ago.

Your time will come, Meows!

Thank you!! No updates since I'm not in school, though I did send a LOI about two weeks ago.

Your time will come, Meows!

Thanks for sharing! I also forgot to ask - when is the deadline for your deposit? Time to think about when the next waitlist movement will be lol :oops:

Congrats bike!! Soon, meows! Send them a letter of int/update if you haven't recently. They must like them. I sent one per month