Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!! I feel so honored wow I didn't expect that!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
II, although I think I'm gonna have to wait until they open up more dates to schedule. Already missing too many classes in September

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
AACOMAS states that my LORs have been completed, but both show as "Expected" on the portal. I know it says that the portal does not update automatically, but by LORs have been completed for some time. AZCOM states that they are received. Is anyone else in this situation?

AACOMAS states that my LORs have been completed, but both show as "Expected" on the portal. I know it says that the portal does not update automatically, but by LORs have been completed for some time. AZCOM states that they are received. Is anyone else in this situation?
CCOM changed me letters to received like a week after AZCOM

Anyone have any idea on what the interview format and/or the number of applicants interviewed/accepted is? The confirmation email doesn't include anything about this

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Former alum (class of 2014) now family med resident

Interview is you and one to two docs plus a third or fourth year med student

They used to interview around 600 for 200 spots so roughly a 1 in 3 chance that does not include those who were wait listed

Hope that helps some and happy to answer any other questions

Reactions: 4 users

This happened to me as well. I submitted everything an paid for my secondary early july. AACOMAS verified late June. MSUCOM received all of my letter and I got an II from them BUT this week I got an email from Midwestern saying my physician letter wasn't received and that my app was incomplete. Come to find out my MD letter forgot to put MD behind her name so they wouldn't count it. So i had to have my MD person send the LOR directly to the school... SMH. But now my app is "complete" which is a shame because I thought it was literally a month ago. But I have an II at MSUCOM and that's my top pick but this was super annoying to deal with.

This happened to me as well. I submitted everything an paid for my secondary early july. AACOMAS verified late June. MSUCOM received all of my letter and I got an II from them BUT this week I got an email from Midwestern saying my physician letter wasn't received and that my app was incomplete. Come to find out my MD letter forgot to put MD behind her name so they wouldn't count it. So i had to have my MD person send the LOR directly to the school... SMH. But now my app is "complete" which is a shame because I thought it was literally a month ago. But I have an II at MSUCOM and that's my top pick but this was super annoying to deal with.

Yup, had a similar issue with my basic science reference. In their letter, they didn't state that they actually were the instructor in a course I had taken, so they said to resend the letter directly to the admissions office. Congrats on your MSUCOM interview though, I hope to receive one there as well.

I didn't get an email saying that my application is complete, but I have called the admissions office and they verified that I am complete. Anyone else not get an "application complete" email?

Isnt MSUCOM a heavy instate bias school? I got a secondary but debating whether or not to submit...

Members don't see this ad :)
Any Canadians with II's yet?

Yeah I liked MSUCOM too. But that OOS tuition is killer. But hopefully CCOM shows us Midwest students some love.

Would anyone care to comment about whether CCOM has any affiliation with clinics or hospitals that specifically cater to the latino population in Chicago? I'm a Spanish speaker so I feel like that would be a good talking point, but I can't find anything on their website...

Former alum (class of 2014) now family med resident

Interview is you and one to two docs plus a third or fourth year med student

They used to interview around 600 for 200 spots so roughly a 1 in 3 chance that does not include those who were wait listed

Hope that helps some and happy to answer any other questions

Admission told me last time I was there that they offered to 500 students to accept in the 2014-2015 cycle out of around 600 interviews. Around 200 or so we're probably the number of people who ultimately accepted, of course. They said that they don't offer interviews lightly. It ends up being a 5/6 chance.

Does Midwestern send out rejections throughout the cycle or just at the end?

Hey guys! I need to clarify something.
Are you all putting in descriptions of your experiences in your CV/resume too or just listing them under their categories?

Hey guys! I need to clarify something.
Are you all putting in descriptions of your experiences in your CV/resume too or just listing them under their categories?

I took my most general CV and submitted. Granted it already had a couple ECs listed under Voluntary Community Service (volunteering in ERs and a community center) but I did not add everything my AACOMAS already included. I take the requirement to upload a CV as a means to evaluating how "full time" your activities are compared to the general population.

I took my most general CV and submitted. Granted it already had a couple ECs listed under Voluntary Community Service (volunteering in ERs and a community center) but I did not add everything my AACOMAS already included. I take the requirement to upload a CV as a means to evaluating how "full time" your activities are compared to the general population.
The only thing the interviewers have with them during the interview is your CV. I would try to include as much information as possible on the CV.

Hoping for some love for a Florida resident, I love Chicago

Reactions: 1 users
Got a paper letter in the mail for secondary invite after I submitted my secondary online. Thought it was an early rejection letter. Woot!

Hey guys I am a little late in the game. Is it too late to submit my primary app now?

Received an II today!!! First one of the cycle.
When I log into the portal, I have the option to sign up for interviews at both CCOM and AZCOM. I was wondering if anyone else had this. My II email was specific to CCOM.

Reactions: 2 users
Received an II today!!! First one of the cycle.
When I log into the portal, I have the option to sign up for interviews at both CCOM and AZCOM. I was wondering if anyone else had this. My II email was specific to CCOM.

AZCOM hasn't been sending emails for IIs. You have an II for both schools. Congrats!

Will be here in October! can anyone describe what the interview environment is like?

I was complete 7/20 and have yet to hear back - should I assume I'm on hold?

Reactions: 2 users
+1 complete on July 12

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Is anyone else interviewing on sept 23rd?

I was complete 7/20 and have yet to hear back - should I assume I'm on hold?
I was complete mid-July and didn't get an II until end of January. If you still haven't heard back after a few months, send an update letter. They like to see interest. N=1 but I got my II a couple weeks after I sent in my second update letter. CCOM doesn't do holds, so you're not out until you're rejected.

Complete today. I'm excited to hear from this school, let the waiting begin!