Mizzou c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Possibly! Looks like I might be traveling to Missouri alone so I wouldn't mind having some company while I am in the area. Send me a message!

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned it, but I'd love to have dinner or explore the area with anyone who'll be around the weekend of the 7th/8th! We can figure out details when it gets closer.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interviewing on the 6th? Decided that would work better with my school break and temperamental weather in Minnesota...plus taking advantage of my dad willing to drive :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, how many people are usually interviewed vs accepted/waitlisted? I was looking on last year's thread, but was unable to find it! Perhaps with the record number of applicants, they will be interviewing more? Good luck everyone, and if you haven't heard yet, don't lose hope!

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned it, but I'd love to have dinner or explore the area with anyone who'll be around the weekend of the 7th/8th! We can figure out details when it gets closer.

That would be awesome! I may be traveling alone so it would be nice not to have to eat alone!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Also, how many people are usually interviewed vs accepted/waitlisted? I was looking on last year's thread, but was unable to find it! Perhaps with the record number of applicants, they will be interviewing more? Good luck everyone, and if you haven't heard yet, don't lose hope!

I think they interview 250 out of state. That's what it says on their brochure!

I'm interviewing the 7th and would love to meet up with some people for dinner or something that weekend as well!

On some of the interview days, some of the ambassadors will take the interviewees out to dinner that night. I will try and remember to post on here on days that this is occurring.

@SummerTheLynx could you confirm or deny that OOS invites are sent in waves and those of us who haven't heard yet still may have interviews?

@SummerTheLynx could you confirm or deny that OOS invites are sent in waves and those of us who haven't heard yet still may have interviews?

I'll be honest, I am not quite familiar with that aspect of it, and am currently not in Columbia so I am unable to stop in and ask. I think (but am not positive) the vast majority if not all were sent already, as they want most people to get their interview invites at about the same time out of fairness for picking times.

I'll be honest, I am not quite familiar with that aspect of it, and am currently not in Columbia so I am unable to stop in and ask. I think (but am not positive) the vast majority if not all were sent already, as they want most people to get their interview invites at about the same time out of fairness for picking times.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Non-resident student and I got my interview invite today as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that received an interview invite, what date do they require you to confirm your interview by?

FYI Missouri just sent out all initial invites. Any others that might go out won't do so until after Dec 6th.

FYI Missouri just sent out all initial invites. Any others that might go out won't do so until after Dec 6th.
You mean after they've found out if folks have declined interviews?

Where's that info from?

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

December 6th

Thank you both for the heads up! Looking at last year's thread it seems like they won't send out rejection letters until after everyone has confirmed or declined interviews. I realize the chances are slim, but I won't give up hope until they send a rejection letter. :) :xf:

To everyone who received invites already, congratulations and good luck!! :thumbup:

Reactions: 2 users
Sigh no email. Best of luck to everyone who received an invite!

Congrats to those who have received interview invites! And for those still waiting, don't worry yet. It isn't over until it is over.

This VM-4 may or may not be there for interviews, depending on my surgery schedule. But I'm always happy to answer lingering questions ;)

Congrats on your interview invites guys! I will most likely be helping with interviews this year as I will be on an easy rotation with very little weekend duty. I'm also accessible via message here on SDN if you have questions prior to the interview!

Congrats on your interview invites guys! I will most likely be helping with interviews this year as I will be on an easy rotation with very little weekend duty. I'm also accessible via message here on SDN if you have questions prior to the interview!

Too bad you won't be on community practice this upcoming week, my pup's getting his last vaccines on Tuesday. :)

Congrats to everyone who received an interview invitation!! I didn't, so still hanging on hoping for the waitlist. Does anyone know when rejection emails are supposed to be sent out?

Too bad you won't be on community practice this upcoming week, my pup's getting his last vaccines on Tuesday. :)

Awwwww puppy!!!!! I actually switch to Community practice on Wednesday lol.. I must say I will be sad to leave Neuro, Dr. M and Dr. J are seriously awesome!

I believe rejections should go out sometime around December 6th? That is the day we have to accept the interview offer.

I got an interview as an out of state student. Do any of you know about the process for out of state students to receive in-state tuition after year 1? Is it hard to get?

I got an interview as an out of state student. Do any of you know about the process for out of state students to receive in-state tuition after year 1? Is it hard to get?
As an IS student I don't know too much about it, though some of the things are: switch over your license, register to vote, only allowed 2 weeks that you can leave MO during the summer, earn $2000 over the first year including first summer. There's also programs through the school (research, ECC tech work, clin path tech, walking orthro dogs) to help you get the $2000 if you want to go that route.

Overall it's a super simple process and unless I'm mistaken 100% of my classmates that applied got it without any trouble.

Congrats on y'alls interview invites! Mizzou is an amazing school!

Fairly simple, was very pain free, Ashgirl correctly listed it all above. I am pretty sure we are at the 100% mark (or will be when they are all done being processed) for switching to IS tuition.

To those that are interviewing from the 13th to the 15th, the CVM will be hosting an exotics symposium during that time, where interviewees will be able to attend some of the lectures. If you would like to attend, feel free to send me a message and I will help get you set up to attend!

Just logged into my supplemental. There appears to be no more interview slot times. So I think rejections should be going out relatively soon.

Just logged into my supplemental. There appears to be no more interview slot times. So I think rejections should be going out relatively soon.
where did you log in?

Yes! I just logged onto the supplemental and went to schedule interview.

I don't know if they just opened up more spots or what, but I just checked and I see 21 available times.

Oh wow that is interesting. I'm assuming by the 6th that rejections will come out.

Just got an official rejection via email!

Last edited:
Did it happen to say how many people applied overall?

Kinda sucks that first response I got from a school was a rejection. Other four schools haven't sent anything out yet, but still not a good feeling. Oh well.