New York COM (NYCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any acceptance? or anyone heard back after interviews???

I haven't heard anything yet. Interviewed 11/13. I've been tempted to call but I don't want to be a pain.

Members don't see this ad.

i fee the same way... i really want to know the decision and the anticipation is killing me ......how was your interview??
I haven't heard anything yet. Interviewed 11/13. I've been tempted to call but I don't want to be a pain.

Ughh I should have interviewed the first week! Damn Sandy delayed me. Interviewing in January and that wait is killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
i fee the same way... i really want to know the decision and the anticipation is killing me ......how was your interview??

I was under the impression that it went really well. The person who interviewed me seemed relatively impartial to my answers but at the same time indicated that I was going to get a good recommendation. How was yours??

same here....the person also indicated a positive recommendation for me ...lol...maybe it was the same individual ...well congrats on the good interview....and best of luck :thumbup:

I was under the impression that it went really well. The person who interviewed me seemed relatively impartial to my answers but at the same time indicated that I was going to get a good recommendation. How was yours??

I can't believe there is still not a single letter for the November interviewees. For the 2011-2012 cycle, it looks like many applicants received their decisions by this time of the month. People, anyone?

I can't believe there is still not a single letter for the November interviewees. For the 2011-2012 cycle, it looks like many applicants received their decisions by this time of the month. People, anyone?

Totally agree! Interviewed 11/14 and nothing yet. Although I did get a phone call yesterday from admissions requesting my transcripts from college...not sure what that was about. But I already put down my deposit for TOURO so I guess it no longer matters.

I agree,I can't believe it either. A lot of people at my interview had acceptances that required decisions by 12/15 so I imagine they are going to lose a good amount of acceptances by waiting this this long. I wonder if they may wait for the people who were delayed by Sandy to make their decisions, but still I just don't get it.

I agree,I can't believe it either. A lot of people at my interview had acceptances that required decisions by 12/15 so I imagine they are going to lose a good amount of acceptances by waiting this this long. I wonder if they may wait for the people who were delayed by Sandy to make their decisions, but still I just don't get it.

+1 yep they waited too long.

Good news folks! Just called Admissions, was told letters will be mailed out tomorrow!!!

Good news folks! Just called Admissions, was told letters will be mailed out tomorrow!!!

Yeapp... this is nerve-wrecking! I hope they got my LORs before the committee met and that it's actually good news because I really need some good news right now.

*crosses fingers*

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody get an ii without having all their LORs turned in? I have not submitted a physician letter yet.

my LORs was send 2-3 days right before interviews...but i got ii like 1 month before..they told me to have everything in before interview ..so its possible to get ii before they get LORs....

Anybody get an ii without having all their LORs turned in? I have not submitted a physician letter yet.

Great! Thanks. I received an invite at another school without all my LORs already but I wasn't sure about this school. I shouldn't have any problems getting the letter turned in before interviews.

Accepted as well!

Interviewed 10/27, got a letter in the mail today.

Feels good to be a gangsta :thumbup:

End of November ! I am very excited

Awesome!!! Yay!!! I wonder if you were in my group. I also interviewed at the end of November and there was one person from CT :) I am still waiting for my letter! Hope it's there when I get home tonight, and hope it's good news :)

Accepted!!! Interviewed 11/13. sGPA 3.4 with 26 MCAT. I'm a Buffalo resident. So psyched!!

For those selected for interviews, how were you notified? email or snail mail?

Accepted!!!! Letter in my mailbox today! One of the best things that ever happened to me!!! Congrats to all my future classmates! Good luck to those who interview in the next few months! The interview is really just to get to know your reasons for choosing this field and school and to make sure you are not crazy! You will do great! It looks like NYCOM accepts most ppl they interview.

Accepted!!!! Letter in my mailbox today! One of the best things that ever happened to me!!! Congrats to all my future classmates! Good luck to those who interview in the next few months! The interview is really just to get to know your reasons for choosing this field and school and to make sure you are not crazy! You will do great! It looks like NYCOM accepts most ppl they interview.

Congrats !! What a wonderful day :) . Seeing that large envelope was one of the greatest moments ever.

Does anyone know the COMLEX I and II pass rates? A student from my tour said it's 100% for PBL students and 90% for lecture students (COMLEX I). Is this true? I wish I'd asked someone from admissions but I forgot!

Accepted!! In state, 32 mcat 3.33 gpa (3.17 sci)...currently trying to decide between NYCOM, KCOM and NOVA but will most likely attend..:soexcited:

Congrats! Is anyone interested in a NYCOM class of 2017 Facebook group?

OK I would be willing to start it. In order to make a group I need to know the names of a few people, since facebook won't let me make a group with just me in it, lol. Just PM me your name and I will try to find you on facebook and add you when I create it.

Edit: I just made the group, I've never done with before so bear with me. You can join at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/256984001098143/ (i think)

Feel free to give me any feedback

Last edited:
I interviewed 11/13 and I still have not heard back. 3.3 GPA and 31 MCAT.

Should I contact the school or just keep waiting?

I interviewed 11/13 and I still have not heard back. 3.3 GPA and 31 MCAT.

Should I contact the school or just keep waiting?

I would contact them and check just in case. Perhaps the letter is on it's way!

has anyone gotten in with a <28 MCAT score? Lets say a 24 or a 26? Lets also say with those score and someone who has a 3.7 overall average and a 3.6 sGPA

has anyone gotten in with a <28 MCAT score? Lets say a 24 or a 26? Lets also say with those score and someone who has a 3.7 overall average and a 3.6 sGPA

I was able to get in with a 26. My GPA was around 3.4, although Im not sure exactly what the break down of my GPA is.

Has anyone received an official rejection? I've been complete since September and haven't heard since, so I'm assuming I've been silently rejected :(

AHHH!!! I love this school so much but I still haven't received an interview invite. I was complete in October!
3.3 GPA, 30 MCAT, Is sending a letter of intent before an interview invite over the top? I really just want to attend here in the fall!
What to do...