New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my acceptance package today and I will be attending. See you folks at orientation :)
Congrats! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance package today and I will be attending. See you folks at orientation :)
Congrats!!! I'm at work and now I'm just wishing I could teleport home to check my mail!

I interviewed on 10/21 and it just came in the mail today.

I believe my package said they want the deposit early December. I forgot the exact date though, sorry.

i literally wrote the answer to that question two posts up :diebanana:

i literally wrote the answer to that question two posts up :diebanana:

Congrats ! May I asked when was your letter dated to send out. I am just hoping my acceptance is in slug mail traffic

Reactions: 1 user
The acceptance letter was dated 11/11.

The acceptance letter was dated 11/11.

Thanks! So it was mailed out probably Friday or Monday. I am hoping tomorrow is the lucky day for me and others like DrDing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody who interviewed on 10/18 heard back? I expected it to take longer but since some people from later dates are already getting accepted, I'm feeling a little nervous

Has anybody who interviewed on 10/18 heard back? I expected it to take longer but since some people from later dates are already getting accepted, I'm feeling a little nervous
I interviewed end of Sept and haven't heard of anything. I don't know of anyone else who's heard back yet. I'm going nuts over here!

Am I the only person in this thread who has wrote of an acceptance thus far?

I also interviewed at the end of september and have not heard back - did they already send out waitlist/rejection emails, or only acceptance packages yet?

Completed I on 10/13. Just got an email yesterday and scheduled II on 1/27/2017 . I feel like I did everything late and the odd of being accepted is low.....

I also interviewed at the end of september and have not heard back - did they already send out waitlist/rejection emails, or only acceptance packages yet?
I feel like if you interviewed early, they won't send out a rejection just yet. In the (unlikely) event that everyone in the first wave of acceptances don't commit, they need to pull from their reserves. This waiting game is real :/

Got accepted as well, interviewed 10/11

Reactions: 4 users
Completed I on 10/13. Just got an email yesterday and scheduled II on 1/27/2017 . I feel like I did everything late and the odd of being accepted is low.....

The fact that you have a II means you're already ahead! Maybe call occasionally and see if they can move it up, otherwise prepare really well. Keep your chin up :)

Got my acceptance letter today! (Interviewed early August.)

How long on average does it take to get an acceptance? I interviewed 11/15

How long on average does it take to get an acceptance? I interviewed 11/15
it seems to vary a lot. Some people interviewed August/September/October and heard back, while others with interviews during the same months still have yet to hear :bag:

If anyone is looking to switch their interview or is going to cancel...please let me know!! Mine is scheduled for 1/17 but I'd love to make it earlier (like, ASAP). I have one acceptance but the deposit is $2k by 12/15 and I'd much rather go to NYIT! Just wishful thinking over here :) thanks!

Got my acceptance letter today! (Interviewed early August.)

Congrats!! That's crazy you interviewed so early and got a response 3 months later . I interviewed Sep 28th and still haven't heard back, but you got me feeling a little better haha. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Interviewed 9/16, Accepted 11/17

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewing here on 1/24. IS, Lizzy 67

Congrats to those of you who have been accepted! To those who are waiting to hear back after submitting primary apps, just keep on waiting. It isnt over yet. I submitted my application in June last cycle. and did not receive an interview invite until end of February/ beginning of March for an interview in mid March. There are many people in our year who interviewed on the same day as me. NYIT-COM does not go on a rolling basis so just keep the hope alive. For those that have received II, don't worry about thinking that it is late in the cycle because it isn't..interviews go until end of April at the school. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back either for secondary or for interviews!

Reactions: 3 users

I was at that interview day also! Haven't heard anything yet, but doesn't look like they do it completely linear

I was at that interview day also! Haven't heard anything yet, but doesn't look like they do it completely linear
i was talking to someone who is a first year here, and interviewed around the same time as us, and she said that she did not hear back until early january, so I'm still keeping our hopes up! :) :)

Does the school provide app updates if you call? Submitted my secondary at the end of September and haven't heard anything.

Has anyone from September 28th interview heard back yet? I'm getting sorta anxious :(

Accepted via email! Interviewed 9/16 Will be withdrawing my acceptance. I hope someone who deserves it gets it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
^I got an email reconfirming my acceptance today as well. A lot of folks probably got emails today.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted at the Arkansas campus, interviewed mid October

Reactions: 1 users
My insomnia got the best of me last night (so tired during clinic today) and I combed the last two years threads. The cycles were both completely different with last years probably being closest to this one.

2014-15: Interviews started in October, acceptances started going out in December. It was all acceptances for early interviews. Then most interviews from end of February on were wait list (there was a period from the end of February until May when no decisions went out!).

2015-16: Interviews started in August, acceptances started going out in mid November. Only acceptances sent out from then until January. Then a huge batch of wait lists went out in January (included people from early interviews, so I guess it does not bode well if you have to wait months to hear :nailbiting:). From February on, it was either you heard back asap with an acceptance (2-4 weeks) or waited painfully to go on the wait list.

Overall, I saw only one post interview rejection, seems they either accept or wait list. Some movement off wait list but not a lot. They don't send pre II rejections, but I did see one person who was complete in October and got an II in March, so never lose hope!

Some random facts thrown out included 800 interview spots for the 300ish spots, greater IS bias, around 70% post II acceptance (not sure how that can be true unless they send out twice as many acceptances as there are spots), they seem to have slight bias for higher stats, but also saw people saying bias for health care experience.

Obviously take this all with a grain of salt since SDN is a small sample size!

Congrats to acceptances today!!

My insomnia got the best of me last night (so tired during clinic today) and I combed the last two years threads. The cycles were both completely different with last years probably being closest to this one.

2014-15: Interviews started in October, acceptances started going out in December. It was all acceptances for early interviews. Then most interviews from end of February on were wait list (there was a period from the end of February until May when no decisions went out!).

2015-16: Interviews started in August, acceptances started going out in mid November. Only acceptances sent out from then until January. Then a huge batch of wait lists went out in January (included people from early interviews, so I guess it does not bode well if you have to wait months to hear :nailbiting:). From February on, it was either you heard back asap with an acceptance (2-4 weeks) or waited painfully to go on the wait list.

Overall, I saw only one post interview rejection, seems they either accept or wait list. Some movement off wait list but not a lot. They don't send pre II rejections, but I did see one person who was complete in October and got an II in March, so never lose hope!

Some random facts thrown out included 800 interview spots for the 300ish spots, greater IS bias, around 70% post II acceptance (not sure how that can be true unless they send out twice as many acceptances as there are spots), they seem to have slight bias for higher stats, but also saw people saying bias for health care experience.

Obviously take this all with a grain of salt since SDN is a small sample size!

Congrats to acceptances today!!
Wow that was so informative thx a lot!