TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
186
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Huh? Only the best and brightest in here?

No shiit, Sherlock.

Funny anecdotes of pre-med and application experiences are welcome throughout this entire yearlong shiitshow. Bring it.
 

ADeadLois

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
3,158
6
Status
Medical Student
TomWestmanRules said:
Huh? Only the best and brightest in here?

No shiit, Sherlock.

Funny anecdotes of pre-med and application experiences are welcome throughout this entire yearlong shiitshow. Bring it.
<<In whiny Jerry Seinfeld voice>> I mean, what's the deal with AMCAS?
 

Dr.Acula

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
363
0
Status
Pre-Medical
This has got to be the most useful thread EVER
 
OP
T

TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
186
0
Status
Pre-Medical
ADeadLois said:
<<In whiny Jerry Seinfeld voice>> I mean, what's the deal with AMCAS?
Response #1:
Seriously, I mean, I give 'em a check for $900 and two weeks later, I've got their phone number on speed-dial and I'm callin' them every 3 hours with girl problems. Hell, even 10-10-220 is cheaper than this shiit.
 

Gabujabu

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2004
527
2
CA
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Before taking the MCAT, a student was hugging her Kaplan science book in a way that made it seem as if it were a baby! Also, people were studying during the lunch break. Talk about neurotic ... I mean fantastic!
 

dwigt

Assistant^RegionalManager
10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2006
233
0
TX
Status
Medical Student
Gabujabu said:
Before taking the MCAT, a student was hugging her Kaplan science book in a way that made it seem as if it were a baby! Also, people were studying during the lunch break. Talk about neurotic ... I mean fantastic!
That was hilarious.
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You know what? I was looking at my bio notes at lunch, to re-focus myself into taking the test. At lunch I just wanted to go HOME!

I got some dirty looks from the undergrads (at 24, wearing wedding rings I was a little out of place on the undergrad campus where I took my MCATs) but did it anyway. Whatevs.
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,826
56
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
how about premed cynicism? You'll know what i mean if you go ahead and read a book called "the year of the intern" by robin cook

certainly kicked alot of my premed idealisms out the door.
 

geno2568

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
408
0
34
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
sure the mcats were hard, but at least that was the last of the major exams we'll have to take.

O wait.
 

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
323
1
34
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
Guys. I don't appreciate this thread. I mean, applying to med school is hard work. It's such a crapshoot: I just got back from building a new hospital in Malasia, and I'm looking back over my AMCAS that I submitted at 12:01AM on June 5, and my 3.989 is just staring at me, mockingly. Oh, and I don't even wanna talk about that comma splice in my 14th activity description- I've already withdrawn my application from 3 schools. And then I come on SDN to look for support and people I can really relate to, and I find this thread... Just because I named my Kaplan book Pooky, doesn't give you the right to judge. Pooky's been good to me.
 

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
726
1
35
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
jackieMD2007 said:
You know what? I was looking at my bio notes at lunch, to re-focus myself into taking the test. At lunch I just wanted to go HOME!

I got some dirty looks from the undergrads (at 24, wearing wedding rings I was a little out of place on the undergrad campus where I took my MCATs) but did it anyway. Whatevs.
Wedding rings would've been far less unsettling. A woman sitting next to me during the MCAT was wearing this crazy bracelet that I think had to have been made out of a real snake (with the head of the snake on top of the bracelet much where the face of a watch would be). It probably protruded four inches up from her wrist. It struck me as kind of witch doctor-esque.

On a different topic, both The Mars Volta and Cursive are releasing new albums in August. You should all check them out.
 

MinnyGophers

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
618
0
Status
Post Doc
What, did like, someone, like, drop you guys on your, like, you know, head as a child?

I did see someone with the a caduceus tattooed on her arm :scared: