*** Official '06-'07 Pre-Med Sarcasm Thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Huh? Only the best and brightest in here?

No shiit, Sherlock.

Funny anecdotes of pre-med and application experiences are welcome throughout this entire yearlong shiitshow. Bring it.

Members don't see this ad.

TomWestmanRules said:
Huh? Only the best and brightest in here?

No shiit, Sherlock.

Funny anecdotes of pre-med and application experiences are welcome throughout this entire yearlong shiitshow. Bring it.

<<In whiny Jerry Seinfeld voice>> I mean, what's the deal with AMCAS?

This has got to be the most useful thread EVER

Members don't see this ad :)
ADeadLois said:
<<In whiny Jerry Seinfeld voice>> I mean, what's the deal with AMCAS?

Response #1:
Seriously, I mean, I give 'em a check for $900 and two weeks later, I've got their phone number on speed-dial and I'm callin' them every 3 hours with girl problems. Hell, even 10-10-220 is cheaper than this shiit.

You people are the coolest.

Before taking the MCAT, a student was hugging her Kaplan science book in a way that made it seem as if it were a baby! Also, people were studying during the lunch break. Talk about neurotic ... I mean fantastic!

Gabujabu said:
Before taking the MCAT, a student was hugging her Kaplan science book in a way that made it seem as if it were a baby! Also, people were studying during the lunch break. Talk about neurotic ... I mean fantastic!
That was hilarious.

You know what? I was looking at my bio notes at lunch, to re-focus myself into taking the test. At lunch I just wanted to go HOME!

I got some dirty looks from the undergrads (at 24, wearing wedding rings I was a little out of place on the undergrad campus where I took my MCATs) but did it anyway. Whatevs.

how about premed cynicism? You'll know what i mean if you go ahead and read a book called "the year of the intern" by robin cook

certainly kicked alot of my premed idealisms out the door.

sure the mcats were hard, but at least that was the last of the major exams we'll have to take.

O wait.

b4911bd9a6945c6de8bd030100e54df8os7.jpg

Guys. I don't appreciate this thread. I mean, applying to med school is hard work. It's such a crapshoot: I just got back from building a new hospital in Malasia, and I'm looking back over my AMCAS that I submitted at 12:01AM on June 5, and my 3.989 is just staring at me, mockingly. Oh, and I don't even wanna talk about that comma splice in my 14th activity description- I've already withdrawn my application from 3 schools. And then I come on SDN to look for support and people I can really relate to, and I find this thread... Just because I named my Kaplan book Pooky, doesn't give you the right to judge. Pooky's been good to me.

jackieMD2007 said:
You know what? I was looking at my bio notes at lunch, to re-focus myself into taking the test. At lunch I just wanted to go HOME!

I got some dirty looks from the undergrads (at 24, wearing wedding rings I was a little out of place on the undergrad campus where I took my MCATs) but did it anyway. Whatevs.

Wedding rings would've been far less unsettling. A woman sitting next to me during the MCAT was wearing this crazy bracelet that I think had to have been made out of a real snake (with the head of the snake on top of the bracelet much where the face of a watch would be). It probably protruded four inches up from her wrist. It struck me as kind of witch doctor-esque.

On a different topic, both The Mars Volta and Cursive are releasing new albums in August. You should all check them out.

What, did like, someone, like, drop you guys on your, like, you know, head as a child?

I did see someone with the a caduceus tattooed on her arm :scared: