Official 2016-2017 Acceptance Thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geredithmrey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see an acceptance thread for 2016- 2017 MD applicants and I figured it would be nice to have one. I'm interested to find out how people have been feeling after being accepted. It's been almost two weeks for me, and I'm feeling nervous.
:bag:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't see an acceptance thread for 2016- 2017 MD applicants and I figured it would be nice to have one. I'm interested to find out how people have been feeling after being accepted. It's been almost two weeks for me, and I'm feeling nervous.
:bag:

Relieved.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got my first 2 weeks ago! very relieved to say the least

Huge weight off of the shoulders! I feel like I can finally slow down and enjoy my senior year a little bit, for the first time since AMCAS opened up back in May! It's so awesome knowing the hard work was worth every minute.

And now, I'm really looking forward to buying new furniture for my future house/apartment when I love next summer, new computer, etc. I'm so excited to meet new people! And I can't wait for all of the information I'll learn in medical school.

Hope to join this thread sometime...eventually!
I can officially join this thread 6 days later!!!! wasn't even supposed to hear back this soon from this school.

biggest relief of my life is a understatement

Reactions: 6 users
I can officially join this thread 6 days later!!!! wasn't even supposed to hear back this soon from this school.

biggest relief of my life is a understatement
So if I post here, does that mean I'll get accepted somewhere in 6 days?

EDIT: ...6 days later: I'm in!! (Seriously)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I'm glad for you and congratulations! I feel like it's still so far away, and also irrationally afraid that I'll lose my acceptances somehow.

+1
October 17: YESSSS!!!! October 18: Ugh! It's still 10 months away.

Generally just feeling really grateful, but kind of in a holding pattern until financial aid info comes out

Reactions: 5 users
reserving spot for future (a) bombshell of tears or (b) acceptance speech.

Thank you.

Reactions: 1 users
Such a huge relief. Productivity has dropped noticeably at work and otherwise. I'm still exercising, going out, etc., but I've definitely been ordering take-out food more, watching netflix and old cartoon shows more, and being lazier in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Relieved and scared. It's real guys.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh and congratulations!!!!! This is the beginning of a wonderful and rewarding career. Let's make our friends and family proud!

Congrats everyone! Med school is awesome, you're gonna love it. :)

Such a huge relief. Productivity has dropped noticeably at work and otherwise. I'm still exercising, going out, etc., but I've definitely been ordering take-out food more, watching netflix and old cartoon shows more, and being lazier in general.
Same here. I really dont care about anything anymore. In fact I am pretty sure I bungled an interview after recieving an acceptance. But who Cares? The only thing left is the fear of it being rescinded.

I'm glad for you and congratulations! I feel like it's still so far away, and also irrationally afraid that I'll lose my acceptances somehow.

Haha, I completely understand this. I've got one more prereq to complete in the spring before I matriculate, and I'm irrationally paranoid I'll absolutely bomb it and ruin everything.

But seriously, I'm so relieved, and thankful.

THIS! it's been much harder to put as much effort in at work and school in the past few weeks! I'm ready to be done, I think my mind is already focused on the next step.

Anyone else waste an entire afternoon shopping for the most ostentatious doctor stuff they could find? I'm thinkin' of rocking a gold-plated stethoscope on my shoulders for the first week of class

Anyone else waste an entire afternoon shopping for the most ostentatious doctor stuff they could find? I'm thinkin' of rocking a gold-plated stethoscope on my shoulders for the first week of class

I just can't wait to buy myself a Patagonia and a fancy ass chair

1st acceptance: Yes, I'm going to be a doctor!
Following acceptances and interviews: Ha, I've got the power. You have to woo me. And a little bit of frustration at having to make a choice (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong...but it makes things much more difficult)

Along with the general consensus: having to wait 10 more months (and finish my Master's program) is going to be the hard part.

So if I post here, does that mean I'll get accepted somewhere in 6 days?

EDIT: ...6 days later: I'm in!! (Seriously)
Wonder if I can get in on this....

Edit: 5 days! Looks like the gods are becoming more generous :D

Last edited:
I beat Super Mario 64 for the first time. I could never do so as a kid, I got as far as the 2nd level and could never get enough stars, but I cranked out the old N64 and finally did it.

Now I'm 3 episodes into Laguna Beach.

Reactions: 4 users
Got my first acceptance on Thursday! It was during band, so I had to reign my excitement back in and march, but it was a bright ray of excitement and hope in an otherwise crappy week.

Tossing my hat in the ring too. The no II thread seems to be a dry well of meme magic recently.

I am hoping for the 6 days luck too!

So it's been 4 days since I got the call and I think I am still in shock. I'm a non-trad and this journey to med school has been SO long, I can't believe things are finally coming together for me!! I am still in a daze, floating on cloud 9 and will randomly burst into happy tears, it is the most surreal feeling! I am sooooooo excited!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Well **** me, this thread is magic.

3 days later.
Please let the magic happen to me 2~ it doesn't have to be this week or next month as long as it's in this cycle....
adorable-cute-lab-love-puppy-puppy-face-Favim.com-75572.jpg

Accepted 9/16/2016.

Early Decision Program (EDP)

MCAT: 511 (124/130/127/130)
cGPA: 3.74
BCPM: 3.63
LizzyM: 68.4

5 Professor LoRs in 1 Composite Evaluation (Biology / Organic Chemistry / English / Nursing / Physics)
4 MD LoRs (2 Emergency Medicine / Family Medicine / 0tolaryngology)

Undergraduate Institution: University of North Georgia (transferred from Dalton State College)
Degrees: BS, Biology; AS, Chemistry

Shadowing: 1,576 hrs. shadowing 15 MDs and 1 DO across 7 specialties (Anesthesiology / Emergency Medicine / Family Medicine / General Surgery / Internal Medicine / 0tolaryngology / Wound Medicine)

Research: 1 yr.

Race: White/Caucasian

Domestic Community Service / Volunteer (Clinical): No.
International Community Service / Volunteer (Clinical): Yes (Bolivia).
Domestic Community Service / Volunteer (Non-Clinical): Yes.
International Community Service / Volunteer (Non-Clinical): No.
Military Service: No.
Paid Employment (Clinical): Yes.
Paid Employment (Non-Clinical) Yes.

Relief. Really happy to know I'll get to be a doctor and I loved the school I got accepted to. No other admissions decisions really bother me now because of it. Rejected by UCSF and Hopkins since my acceptance and I'm like "whatever UVA loves me"

Yuuuuuuuge

Huge weight off of the shoulders! I feel like I can finally slow down and enjoy my senior year a little bit, for the first time since AMCAS opened up back in May! It's so awesome knowing the hard work was worth every minute.

And now, I'm really looking forward to buying new furniture for my future house/apartment when I love next summer, new computer, etc. I'm so excited to meet new people! And I can't wait for all of the information I'll learn in medical school.

It's Monday everybody. Let's spread some love in hopes of more acceptances for our SDN brethren.
73681469.jpg

I generally don't like to live my life looking towards the "next step" but can it just be August now?!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Jeez this thread seems to have some magic abilities so I'm gonna join so I get some good luck for the two schools I still haven't heard from

Also weasling my way into this magic! Need all the luck I can get

Trying to get some of that acceptance magic. Currently waiting on 3 schools' decisions now. I will probably hear back from 2 of them this week. 6 day magic for me???

6 days magic!! pleaseeee!!!