*** Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Med. Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Just to give you guys a little idea of my timeline, I interviewed on the 1st and was accepted on the 4th!

Members don't see this ad.

Just to give you guys a little idea of my timeline, I interviewed on the 1st and was accepted on the 4th!
eh you dont count lol.
plus ur name cant be joey bc there was no joey in the interview on the 1st and everyone there was nice and modest (except for one lolol)

Last edited:
If you literally did so well on your interview, you will hear back within 2 weeks. I interviewed the 1/22 and got accepted on the 1/29. People have interviewed on the 11/16 and heard back on 1/29. It's random!! Just kill it in your interview and good news shall arise!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
BU is my last hope (everything is waitlisted for me...).

SaeWat, I was told this morning that the process is delayed bc one of the deans was out for a few weeks. Also that they are currently making sure to hear from the people who were accepted in december if they confirmed theyre coming to BU. Sit tight for two-three more weeks!

SaeWat, I was told this morning that the process is delayed bc one of the deans was out for a few weeks. Also that they are currently making sure to hear from the people who were accepted in december if they confirmed theyre coming to BU. Sit tight for two-three more weeks!
I'll try!!! Thanks for the information :)

has anyone heard back who interviewed early feb ?

From the posts, ive only seen 3 ppl accepted and seen/know about 10 ppl who are still waiting who interviewed early feb/late january. BU 2020 fb page has around 70 people admitted, out of 115. I heard they are still counting ppl from december who confirmed they are going to BU. Rumor has it they accept 6.5/8 people who interview. I think we'll be fine. We should hear by early March :shy::xf:

From the posts, ive only seen 3 ppl accepted and seen/know about 10 ppl who are still waiting who interviewed early feb/late january. BU 2020 fb page has around 70 people admitted, out of 115. I heard they are still counting ppl from december who confirmed they are going to BU. Rumor has it they accept 6.5/8 people who interview. I think we'll be fine. We should hear by early March :shy::xf:
6.5/8 holy that's a high ratio.

6.5/8 holy that's a high ratio.
Lol yess. I tried to look up an official acceptance rate for interviewed BU students but couldnt find. Rumor is mentioned in the first page of this forum and on last years, but as 86-87%, which comes out to 7/8 actually. If someone is able to find an official number though, please post!

Lol yess. I tried to look up an official acceptance rate for interviewed BU students but couldnt find. Rumor is mentioned in the first page of this forum and on last years, but as 86-87%, which comes out to 7/8 actually. If someone is able to find an official number though, please post!
That could be a bad thing too, no? Does it not mean that most people don't pick BU as their number one choice since they decline the offer so much? I'm not complaining though, I want that acceptance haha.

That could be a bad thing too, no? Does it not mean that most people don't pick BU as their number one choice since they decline the offer so much? I'm not complaining though, I want that acceptance haha.
Yep, heard that too. I believe because of the price of the school and of living in boston and simply bc applicants prefer other schools over BU (like a few of my friends). But the more ppl who decline their offer the merrier everyone will be lolol, especially us! Hope to meet you next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, heard that too. I believe because of the price of the school and of living in boston and simply bc applicants prefer other schools over BU (like a few of my friends). But the more ppl who decline their offer the merrier everyone will be lolol, especially us! Hope to meet you next year!
Ahh I see yeah price might be the con that makes them go somehere else. Hope to see you in my class too! :)

Honestly I got such a good vibe from the school when I interviewed. The faculty appeared very wise and friendly. It almost made me want to talk to them for hours. I interviewed early February so I'm hoping for good news in the near future

Honestly I got such a good vibe from the school when I interviewed. The faculty appeared very wise and friendly. It almost made me want to talk to them for hours. I interviewed early February so I'm hoping for good news in the near future
Same, I interviewed on the 5th and I am hoping to hear good news as well :)

Anyone know cheap places to live in Boston? Lol

Forgot to post last week, but I was accepted 2/19 and interviewed 2/12!

hey is BU is still giving out interviews? still have not heard anything from them

I've requested to be added but still haven't been approved

I've also requested to be added, but haven't been approved.

Same! Need to start looking for roommates lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Hey guys I'm not the admin but I'll post saying there are a few people that want to join that aren't in the group. Hopefully the admin will add you guys.

Reactions: 3 users
It is about to get real!! We just need to keep pushing to finish off our obligations/semester.

Which means they will be sending out some acceptances soon, yay, hoping to get off this waitlist :)

they said from 2 weeks to a month from now. also, they wont be interviewing anyone else. next week is only for the rescheduled interview people from earlier. they also said they had over 4,000 applicants this year

they said from 2 weeks to a month from now. also, they wont be interviewing anyone else. next week is only for the rescheduled interview people from earlier. they also said they had over 4,000 applicants this year

Really, I thought they were interviewing into March?

Really, I thought they were interviewing into March?

The admissions chair said they're not interviewing anymore this year after this week. This past week wouldve been the last week but they allowed those who couldnt make it to come next week for the last day. It seems like most schools who said they would continue to interview have stopped earlier than they said.

Everyone who interviewed with me were late applicants (October - December mail outs)

This waiting is absolutely torturous
Anyone have an idea when we might hear of acceptances? Are they usually on a particular day of the week?

This waiting is absolutely torturous
Anyone have an idea when we might hear of acceptances? Are they usually on a particular day of the week?

They said March for february interviews I think.. I heard different times to hear back from different faculty

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else here get waitlistdd ..interviewed early February got the alternate list email last Friday kinda bummed honestly thought that was my best interview ...I haven't noticed any one else get waitlisted on this thread yet this year

I declined my acceptance last week. Interviewed early Feb, accepted on 2/12. They gave me two weeks to decide and put down the deposit.
Hope you guys on this forum will hear back soon:)

anyone else here get waitlistdd ..interviewed early February got the alternate list email last Friday kinda bummed honestly thought that was my best interview ...I haven't noticed any one else get waitlisted on this thread yet this year
Same here. Not sure what went wrong but I've heard the waitlist moves so we have to be patient, I really loved BU and am hoping for good news soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Not sure what went wrong but I've heard the waitlist moves so we have to be patient, I really loved BU and am hoping for good news soon!

It was my best interview as well... But I will probably decline them if I get in b/c of the cost

It was my best interview as well... But I will probably decline them if I get in b/c of the cost

Where will you be heading this fall?

I interviewed early Feb and have not heard anything :O
Has your AADSAS status changed?

I interviewed early Feb and have not heard anything :O
Has your AADSAS status changed?
yea it changed when I confirmed my position on the waitlist... can't wait until May 1st Im soo over checking AADSAS

i take it we are the first batch of students to get waitlisted....i called the office and asked them if it was ranked they said no but they strongly encourage us to keep showing interest....:arghh:

I haven't heard back from this school yet... is there still hope to get an interview?

the interviews are over this week ...
LOl i called the school today. Official interviews are over this week, but that doesn't mean you are rejected. They do unofficial interviews until end of JULY

LOl i called the school today. Official interviews are over this week, but that doesn't mean you are rejected. They do unofficial interviews until end of JULY

the class is probably full or near capacity and many who interviewed this month are on WL... i think its only 2-4 people doing interviews this week

Waitlisted as well. Thought my interview went well, too. 3.5 GPA 19TS 20 AA
Does the waitlist move? When can we expect to hear back?
MORE WAITING :(