*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was the word choice. Sniveling is synonymous with whimpering or whining, which I don’t associate with happiness.

I’m married and have two girls, so I’ve met a few.
It was a Gilmore Girls reference, not meant to offend. I have a strange sense of humor.

Reactions: 1 user
It was the word choice. Sniveling is synonymous with whimpering or whining, which I don’t associate with happiness.

I’m married and have two girls, so I’ve met a few.
oh absolutely but it's funnier to imagine it with happiness haha. at least to me.

Shouldn’t you be happy?
I am! Lots of pent-up anxiety about the application process + a healthy dose of self-doubt + good news = some emotional release!

In my defense though, there wasn't actually any sniveling!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! It's kind of crazy to realize that there's at least one med school that thinks I might be a good doctor when I still see myself as the kid who dropped out of high school.

Reactions: 1 users
I am! Lots of pent-up anxiety about the application process + a healthy dose of self-doubt + good news = some emotional release!

In my defense though, there wasn't actually any sniveling!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! It's kind of crazy to realize that there's at least one med school that thinks I might be a good doctor when I still see myself as the kid who dropped out of high school.

Congrats. Now don’t blow it. :D

If no one minds, I'm going to go snivel in the corner for a little bit. Just got my first II and may or may not be a slight emotional wreck right now.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:claps:

I just dreamt about getting a call from USC about some alcohol related incident and then after explaining that I don't drink they gave me an interview right then on the phone and then me and the person who called both went crazy with excitement. I guess I now know what my literal dream school is now :p

Haven't had a vivid dream like this in a while.

Edit: looking back at my posts usc was the last thread I was on before falling asleep so that's the more likely explanation haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else here who hasn't get a single rejection nor II? I applied to 41 schools and the silence is killing me.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait does the military not pay for yours? For some reason I thought that was happening.

They pay for our application to USUHS, our MCAT, and a bunch of other stuff. But we have to pay for our other apps. If they didn’t pay for as much as they did, I probably wouldn’t be able to apply anywhere other than USUHS.

Does anyone happen to know if any of our wonderful Adcoms have posted any type of "rule of thumb" regarding in-the-area emails? I looked and wasn't able to find any, but I figured it was worth checking to see if someone had found and saved anything that I missed!

I went from 0 II to having 3 all next month and now I'm suddenly overwhelmed trying to plan travel and scheduling around my work schedule:eek:...luckily two are in-state so no real travel costs there, but the proximity in dates of them all

Reactions: 5 users
I went from 0 II to having 3 all next month and now I'm suddenly overwhelmed trying to plan travel and scheduling around my work schedule:eek:...luckily two are in-state so no real travel costs there, but the proximity in dates of them all
Congrats on the interviews! I'm sure it is stressful to have interviews all packed together, but I'm sure you'll get everything all worked out and it will be a nice, smooth, and hopefully even somewhat fun process!

Congrats on the interviews! I'm sure it is stressful to have interviews all packed together, but I'm sure you'll get everything all worked out and it will be a nice, smooth, and hopefully even somewhat fun process!

Thank you! I hope I do, too. I really didn't expect it to happen like that lol

Mine are in-state too! But I don't drive and will have to find a workaround :(

I definitely feel the same way... all of my interviews are either a 8 or 9 hour drive so I am driving to those and I have three subsequent weeks where I have an interview on a Friday and will be driving 8+ hours to get there .:eek: I've had to rearrange my work schedule extensively for both of my jobs and I feel like I can't ask for anymore time off or any more shift changes at this point :cryi:

Mine are in-state too! But I don't drive and will have to find a workaround :(

I'm likely going to take a grey hound for some of my . Tickets are about 30 dollars one way. Driving would cost me about 50 dollars in gas one way and an extra 10 to 15 in tolls so gonna avoid that. Hopefully ubering around is good enough to get around on interview day.
I definitely feel the same way... all of my interviews are either a 8 or 9 hour drive so I am driving to those and I have three subsequent weeks where I have an interview on a Friday and will be driving 8+ hours to get there .:eek: I've had to rearrange my work schedule extensively for both of my jobs and I feel like I can't ask for anymore time off or any more shift changes at this point :cryi:

I feel ya, on top of classes and my work schedule things are getting hectic and it's only the start. Trying to do all my interviews on Mondays if possible.

I wish I will be in your shoes soon, currently sitting on 0 II

Same. I’m happy everyone is getting all these interviews, but it makes the silence in my inbox even more conspicuous lol. The process is so different timeline wise for each person, so we just have to not stress out about it. Have faith. They’ll come when they come.

Reactions: 3 users
I had a dream I was at UCSD and all of the students were wearing rollerblades and roasted me for wearing big fluffy pajama shoes “at such a formal occasion.” Then a dog peed on my head.

Reactions: 4 users
I had a dream I was at UCSD and all of the students were wearing rollerblades and roasted me for wearing big fluffy pajama shoes “at such a formal occasion.” Then a dog peed on my head.
Honestly the dog is probably the least realistic part of this dream.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a nightmare that I opened my email and saw 46 emails of rejection :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
Just got two IIs. Thank you Jesus.
Congrats!!! :soexcited: I'm super excited for you, I know that early rejection was super nerve-wracking, so I'm glad to see that you got the II's we all knew you would get!

Mind if I ask which schools?

Do you guys know when do most rejection comes out? I am slowly losing it... Verified 6/4 and completed before 7/10 for most schools, and deadly silence ever since.

True but if I’m a 6 year old going to the plate against Nolan Ryan, the extremely minuscule chance of getting a hit might not be worth the cost lol.
Well he's 71 now so maybe those chances get better with age!

You better CTFO...
Most rejections dont get sent until March.
This cycle could last for you until next August when last minute acceptances from waitlist happen.

Definitely picnicked lol. I need to stop checking SDN cause seeing all the II is not helping.

Definitely picnicked lol.

30CCC59E-50C8-4569-A1E6-B410B9B4E636.jpeg