*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful to have the interviews that I do, but I'm a little anxious that my number of rejections has now caught up with my number of interviews o_O It's making me feel like I have something polarizing in my application that I'm completely unaware of!
Could be. Could also be that you applied to schools that are more vocal about rejections rather than doing the silent rejection. Most accepted students only get a single acceptance, and median number of interviews I think is 4, while the median number of secondaries is 15. So you're on track.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
God I hate being this anxious. I applied to 34 schools and received 3 IIs at the beginning of August, but haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried? I feel like schools figured out something that was wrong with my app lol. Especially when I see all these people on SDN with 8+ IIs thus far.

Reactions: 1 users
God I hate being this anxious. I applied to 34 schools and received 3 IIs at the beginning of August, but haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried? I feel like schools figured out something that was wrong with my app lol. Especially when I see all these people on SDN with 8+ IIs thus far.
Lol I'm in the same position. I wish I had some sage words of advice about just being calm and it will all be OK, but I'm a neurotic mess right now too :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Could be. Could also be that you applied to schools that are more vocal about rejections rather than doing the silent rejection. Most accepted students only get a single acceptance, and median number of interviews I think is 4, while the median number of secondaries is 15. So you're on track.
I keep telling myself those things. Sadly it seems that the rational part of my brain has left the building :laugh:

Median number of interviews is 4.

What! That sounds really high. There’s no way the average applicant gets 4 II. That’s probably the sdn average lol

The applicant wide average is probably closer to 1-2

Nope. Remember, this is accepted students.

15B6839F-0773-48E2-8189-33BD51C94346.jpeg

https://www.aamc.org/download/485324/data/msq2017report.pdf

Reactions: 2 users
Interviews 3, an MD you will be.

Remember that there are many people who will be accepted to medical school this cycle who will not even hear anything until November or later. You are ahead!

Never use SDN for comparison lol. I would even give the advice to those without IIs to stay off the site until they do cuz it will just be anxiety inducing.

Anyone else doing alright cycle-wise but feel like they're underperforming? I only have 2 IIs so far, and those are for my in-state safeties.

I know an LM of 73-74 doesn't make me a god by any means lol, but still.

Anyone else doing alright cycle-wise but feel like they're underperforming? I only have 2 IIs so far, and those are for my in-state safeties.

I know an LM of 73-74 doesn't make me a god by any means lol, but still.

1. It’s early.
2. Median number of interviews is 4.
3. Many people will not get any.
4. You have 2. Focus on doing well in those not on the schools that haven’t invited you yet.
5. There isn’t really such a thing as a safety school when most schools have a 2-5% admit rate, and less than 40% of applicants get accepted.

1. It’s early.
2. Median number of interviews is 4.
3. Many people will not get any.
4. You have 2. Focus on doing well in those not on the schools that haven’t invited you yet.
5. There isn’t really such a thing as a safety school when most schools have a 2-5% admit rate, and less than 40% of applicants get accepted.
That's fair, appreciate it

Members don't see this ad :)
That's fair, appreciate it

Np. That’s what I tell myself when I think about the two schools I haven’t heard from yet. We are all used to excelling at things academically. “Only” getting 2-3 IIs seems like an oddly average performance, but it’s really not.

Np. That’s what I tell myself when I think about the two schools I haven’t heard from yet. We are all used to excelling at things academically. “Only” getting 2-3 IIs seems like an oddly average performance, but it’s really not.
Yeah for sure. People have def told me that 2-3 IIs in early-mid September is extremely solid. Guess the Pitt rejection made that easy to forget lolol.

No fox avvy?

Don’t I though?

Some people might be too young to know who that is now that I think about it.
I know who it is! Michael J Fox, in one of the Back to the Futures? I thought it was clever...but I might have just shown my age, lol.

That feeling when your student host also graduated from your college but is five years younger than you. #Grateful but feeling so inadequate

What the hell was that?
As someone who loved OG Smash, this^.

Also, update on winging my interview. Everything went great. Preparing would've been absolutely useless for me. Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Only thing I think I could've worked on better is not being so brutally honest with questions like "what's your biggest weakness", haha.

Reactions: 2 users
As someone who loved OG Smash, this^.

Also, update on winging my interview. Everything went great. Preparing would've been absolutely useless for me. Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Only thing I think I could've worked on better is not being so brutally honest with questions like "what's your biggest weakness", haha.
I was honest with my second interviewer for the entire time lol, but I think it helped me more than it hurt me.

Still, there are no guarantees. If I get a spot on a waitlist or a big R, I'll accept it and move on to the next school.

Wow, I didn't know Brawl could be so fast
Unfortunately humans aren't actually that good . They use a software program that essentially let's them play the game frame by frame and plan out every move perfectly

Unfortunately humans aren't actually that good . They use a software program that essentially let's them play the game frame by frame and plan out every move perfectly
Oh I figured it was tool-assisted lol. But still, Brawl.... fast. Blows my mind.