Official Last Minute Decision Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mateodaspy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
5 days to go... anyone STILL undecided?

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

add me to the club.

and why is it "may 15th". its a freaking sunday for crying out loud. couldn't the AAMC just say the "third monday of may"? to hell with this whole process...

Members don't see this ad :)
superdevil said:
and why is it "may 15th". its a freaking sunday for crying out loud. couldn't the AAMC just say the "third monday of may"? to hell with this whole process...

yea i was wondering that too, they're not receiving any mail on may 15th other than e-mail so i guess that defaults to saturday :thumbdown:

good luck with your decisions guys and gals....just remember, there are still people out there on waitlists that would be happy to get in ANYwhere (like me ), so don't worry about your decisions too much, just be thankful you actually have a choise in this matter. No matter what, you will be a doctor in 4 years!

Mateodaspy said:

Hopefully the wait should end for me today by around 3pm EST when I hear back on some financial aid awards.

hey I read your mdapplicant profile, just wanted to say very impressed!

I know I'm going to Michigan, why is it so hard to write CU and tell them no? :eek:

OK, I guess I got over it, off to write my letter...

*raises hand*
whittling down my options.
so hard to choose.
:barf:
*nervous wreck*
having weird dreams like arguing wit finaid officers and birthing goats and trying to keep track of deposit money....aaaahhhhhhhhhh

Mateodaspy said:

Hopefully the wait should end for me today by around 3pm EST when I hear back on some financial aid awards.

And I suppose after that, you'll roll into every single thread you can find and make it about Harvard's financial aid (or lack thereof) AGAIN? I don't think there's a person on this forum that does not know where you got in.

getunconcsious said:
And I suppose after that, you'll roll into every single thread you can find and make it about Harvard's financial aid (or lack thereof) AGAIN? I don't think there's a person on this forum that does not know where you got in.

yeah, i'm pretty concerned with how i'm perceived online on sdn.

hmmm.notsomuch.

My heart is telling me to go to one school.

My brain is telling me to go to another school.

Which one shall prevail?

It's really hard to decide. I can't go wrong, but I know I will have a vastly different experience at either school . . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
bonez318ti said:

Which one shall prevail?

Well then you have to listen to the tie-breaker.

Which school does your other head tell you to go to?

Mateodaspy said:
yeah, i'm pretty concerned with how i'm perceived online on sdn.

hmmm.notsomuch.

Oh you know I'm only kidding. I wuv you mattie!! :love: :love: :love:

Oh... the agony. How we turn the wonderful situation of having a choice into torture, I don't know.

I am totally in this boat. I'm honestly about at the coin-flipping stage...I"ll make someone else's decision if they'll make mine!

1 day to go!

If you're still having issues making up your mind, give up now. ;)

i just sent emails to school that im declining.

does anyone know when the amcas list that is sent to medschools is updated. from my knowlegde... when you reject a medschool, they inform amcas, and then on may15 amcas sends the list of schools you have been accepted at and declined at to the 1 school that you chose to attend.

hmm.. does anyone know how this process works... is sending in email declining today (saturday may14th) too late?

pakidoc said:
i just sent emails to school that im declining.

does anyone know when the amcas list that is sent to medschools is updated. from my knowlegde... when you reject a medschool, they inform amcas, and then on may15 amcas sends the list of schools you have been accepted at and declined at to the 1 school that you chose to attend.

hmm.. does anyone know how this process works... is sending in email declining today (saturday may14th) too late?

No, it's fine. I am doing the same.

Kazema said:
Well then you have to listen to the tie-breaker.

Which school does your other head tell you to go to?

tee hee

bonez318ti said:

Which one shall prevail?

I'm in this boat as well. Heart: NJMed, Head: Robert Wood. Thoughts anyone? I know I'd be happy at either school--but which is best for me?

getunconcsious said:

awe, come on, i haven't been annoyed by daspy at all...

congrats, man

edit: sorry getunconcsious, just saw your love for matt :love:

Mateodaspy said:
1 day to go!

If you're still having issues making up your mind, give up now. ;)

Congrats, Mat! Your med school application process has been an inspiration to all and a source of envy for everyone. Have fun at Hahvahd! :clap:

Meanwhile, Go BLUE! M

I'm really almost to the point of flipping a coin...Southwestern heads, Baylor tails? Somehow, this shouldn't be so hard.

::waves to potential future classmates::

M

DianaLynne said:
Congrats, Mat! Your med school application process has been an inspiration to all and a source of envy for everyone. Have fun at Hahvahd! :clap:

Meanwhile, Go BLUE! M
i thought two days ago (last time i was here) it said UPenn

Congrats matt! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you again :( I bet you're glad to leave Houston! :D I know I would be...alas, I WILL get out of Texas one day. ;) I am sure you'll have a great time at Harvard and be a great doctor.