**Official Maryland Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
interviewing here on October 18th can anyone comment on how their interview was?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How soon after submitting your supplemental did you receive the interview invitation?
I received my supplemental application confirmation on July 11th. Keep faith in yourself. You'll receive it soon as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I received my supplemental application confirmation on July 11th. Keep faith in yourself. You'll receive it soon as well.
Thanks, this is my top choice so I really want an interview. I submitted my supplemental last week so I guess I'll have to wait for awhile to hear back. lol. May I ask if you are instate or out of state?

Last edited:
Thanks, this is my top choice so I really want an interview. I submitted my supplemental last week so I guess I'll have to wait for awhile to hear back. lol. May I ask if you are instate or out of state?
OOS

Congratulations to all of them who have already received or in the process of receiving the interview invitation.

Those who have already received, I have a question whether you called the admission office to confirm your interview date. Or if you did, did you receive any other confirmation e-mail regarding interview after that? When did you basically book your hotel ticket?

Congratulations to all of them who have already received or in the process of receiving the interview invitation.

Those who have already received, I have a question whether you called the admission office to confirm your interview date. Or if you did, did you receive any other confirmation e-mail regarding interview after that? When did you basically book your hotel ticket?
yes you call, but you don't receive an e-mail

if you don't mind, can I ask you when is your interview date? Is it already done or you're going to?

I called as well to confirm interview. You get a confirmation email a few days before the interview but not right after the call; at least that’s how it was for me. I booked hotel about 2 weeks in advance and I drove in the day before. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called as well to confirm interview. You get a confirmation email a few days before the interview but not right after the call; at least that’s how it was for me. I booked hotel about 2 weeks in advance and I drove in the day before. Hope that helps.

It's really helpful. That's what I wanted to know. I called the office yesterday and the admission officer told me that I would get a confirmation e-mail. Since I didn't receive it after I was worried. Thanks again.

It's really helpful. That's what I wanted to know. I called the office yesterday and the admission officer told me that I would get a confirmation e-mail. Since I didn't receive it after I was worried. Thanks again.

No problem. When is your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Can you please share your experience with us? How did you prepare yourself?

It’s a pretty straight forward interview. They don’t hit you with anything confusing. I got there a little before 11:30 and sat down with other interviewees. We talked for about 20 minutes. Then they started the presentations. One was an informational presentation about the school. Then a financial aid presentation. Then we were separated into groups and some interviewed right away and some went on a tour. I interviewed right away. After the interview, you have lunch with some of the students. You get to talk with them and ask questions. You only have one 30 Minute interview with both a faculty member and a student asking you questions. It felt like it went by pretty fast. After lunch we had a tour (for my group). Then we had a technology presentation. We were done at around 4pm.

The school is awesome and so are the faculty and students. The only thing I didn’t like was the location. Baltimore is not exactly the safest city. I’m sure I’ll get over that as a student hopefully. Get a hotel close to the school. A interviewee posted very early on in the thread with his experience at the school. He gave a pretty good account as well. It’s worth checking out his opinion. Don’t be nervous, be honest and you’ll do fine. It’s hard to prepare for something like this. Just know your application very well down to your DAT scores and GPA’s. Feel free to ask me any other questions.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
It’s a pretty straight forward interview. They don’t hit you with anything confusing. I got there a little before 11:30 and sat down with other interviewees. We talked for about 20 minutes. Then they started the presentations. One was an informational presentation about the school. Then a financial aid presentation. Then we were separated into groups and some interviewed right away and some went on a tour. I interviewed right away. After the interview, you have lunch with some of the students. You get to talk with them and ask questions. You only have one 30 Minute interview with both a faculty member and a student asking you questions. It felt like it went by pretty fast. After lunch we had a tour (for my group). Then we had a technology presentation. We were done at around 4pm.

The school is awesome and so are the faculty and students. The only thing I didn’t like was the location. Baltimore is not exactly the safest city. I’m sure I’ll get over that as a student hopefully. Get a hotel close to the school. A interviewee posted very early on in the thread with his experience at the school. He gave a pretty good account as well. It’s worth checking out his opinion. Don’t be nervous, be honest and you’ll do fine. It’s hard to prepare for something like this. Just know your application very well down to your DAT scores and GPA’s. Feel free to ask me any other questions.

Good luck!

Brilliant! Thank you for giving a detailed overview of the day. Sure! I'll check the other interviewee post as well. Thanks!

Does anyone know how many people typically get interviewed at this school?

Interview #3

School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/19
Method of notification: email
Residency: MD
Application complete date: 10/13
GPA (science, overall) 3.73 sGPA/3.85 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/24/none

So so so excited!!!

Interview #3

School: Maryland
Notification date: 10/19
Method of notification: email
Residency: MD
Application complete date: 10/13
GPA (science, overall) 3.73 sGPA/3.85 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/24/none

So so so excited!!!
is is pre or post for you?

Received the interview invitation today for January! MD resident

pretty stoked right now!

Reactions: 3 users
I also received an interview invitation for January 24th. Excited!

Last edited:
Did anyone else receive a supplemental application in August and not get an interview yet?

Hi all,

Did anyone receive an interview invitation for Nov 1st? I'll be flying in on the 31st in the evening and flying out nov 2nd and wanted to see if anyone would like to explore Baltimore with me Tuesday or Wednesday evening!

If you interview on Nov 28 will you still get a decision on December 1st?

I don't know about Maryland but I saw on NYU thread that someone interviewed in 11/30 and got accepted the next day

Do you guys think it is appropriate or necessary to send a follow up letter/email to the interviewer??

I have their interview the same day, but I am not sure if they are this quick in responding. We would have to know how often their committee meets. Most schools is every 2-3 week when they decide. So its all up in the air.

Hey has anyone here not taken Inorganic Chem and still gotten an interview? I was a bio major and at my undergrad it didn't have to be taken, I dont' want to apply and throw my money away if they are that serious about it.

Hey has anyone here not taken Inorganic Chem and still gotten an interview? I was a bio major and at my undergrad it didn't have to be taken, I dont' want to apply and throw my money away if they are that serious about it.

Inorganic chemistry is the same thing as general chemistry. At least I’m pretty sure it is. Every school requires it though. I interviewed here and I took gen chem 1 & 2. Organic 1 & 2 and biochem 1. Hope that helps.

Every school requires inorganic chemistry. I didn't take general chemistry 1/lab because I had AP credit from high school. I received an interview about a month ago.

Im so slow smh, I even tutored gen chem in undergrad and never knew it was called inorganic chem. Im about to apply now, thank you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.