**Official Maryland Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted! Got the email yesterday and am beyond excited. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!!

Details: In-state, GPA 3.76, MCAT 508, secondary submitted 8/16, interviewed 10/18
You must mean medical school? This is a dental thread and they aren’t supposed to tell us until 12/1.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Got the email yesterday and am beyond excited. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!!

Details: In-state, GPA 3.76, MCAT 508, secondary submitted 8/16, interviewed 10/18
Haha this is the dental forum, we do not find out about acceptances until December 1st (at the earliest) for all schools.

Congrats on the acceptance, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an interview invitation in the past few days? I completed my supplemental on Sep 26 and I started losing hope :\

In an old thread I was reading a lot of in-state students were receiving e-mails/letters saying that their in-state classification had been approved prior to getting accepted. Has anyone received anything like this yet?

In an old thread I was reading a lot of in-state students were receiving e-mails/letters saying that their in-state classification had been approved prior to getting accepted. Has anyone received anything like this yet?

Yes, I got that email soon after I submitted my supplemental, but then I didn't get an interview invite until quite a bit later, so I'm not sure how much it means. I interview this Tue, Nov 21... anyone else here interviewing the 21st??

Yes, I got that email soon after I submitted my supplemental, but then I didn't get an interview invite until quite a bit later, so I'm not sure how much it means. I interview this Tue, Nov 21... anyone else here interviewing the 21st??
Don't think about it too much. Just work on nailing the interview at this point :)

Interview #1 (and my only interview... so far...?):

In state, GPA 3.5 and 24 DAT, interview date is January 24th. Exciting because I really, really want to go to Maryland, but I'm very nervous about the late interview date. The ADEA guide says that about 50% of in-state applicants that are interviewed are accepted, but what do you think the chances are for people who are interviewing as late as I am?

Interview #1 (and my only interview... so far...?):

In state, GPA 3.5 and 24 DAT, interview date is January 24th. Exciting because I really, really want to go to Maryland, but I'm very nervous about the late interview date. The ADEA guide says that about 50% of in-state applicants that are interviewed are accepted, but what do you think the chances are for people who are interviewing as late as I am?
Many of my classmates got in post December, so its fine.

I was wondering whether I should be worried as I didn't get any confirmation e-mail from Admissions office after scheduling the interview date for Dec 5th. Is anyone in the same boat?

I was wondering whether I should be worried as I didn't get any confirmation e-mail from Admissions office after scheduling the interview date for Dec 5th. Is anyone in the same boat?

They sent mine a couple of days before the actual interview. But not right after the call. You’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sent mine a couple of days before the actual interview. But not right after the call. You’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Bit relieved

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Bit relieved
I honestly was freaking out, but I got it a week before I think. The experience was amazing, honestly. It starts with a presentation from the dean of admissions, and its really cool that they have so many opportunities in the school. then there is a break and financial aid. Once that is done, either you have your interview or you go on a tour of the school. The tour is really good, and they cover the whole school. The students giving the tour were super chilled and answered all the questions we asked. The interview itself is one student and one faculty member and it is pretty formal with almost everybody getting asked the same questions. At the end you can also tour the rest of the schools as well as the gym.

Does maryland notify students who got rejected or is it one of the schools who simply doesn't respond at all

It's December and I never even received the supplemental app so that's why I'm concerned

Does maryland notify students who got rejected or is it one of the schools who simply doesn't respond at all

It's December and I never even received the supplemental app so that's why I'm concerned
They inform you, even as early as pre-december. Physical letters are sent home

Interviewing here this Wednesday.. any words of advice? is it closed/open? 1 on 1 faculty/student? thx

Interviewing here this Wednesday.. any words of advice? is it closed/open? 1 on 1 faculty/student? thx
See you there!

But to answer your question, I am pretty sure it is 1 student and 1 faculty.

I just interviewed at MD on the 21st so here are some comments/tips...

-If you're anything like me and find city streets somewhat confusing, allow yourself plenty of extra time to find the parking garage and walk to school (make a note of what level you parked on)
-they keep a very relaxed atmosphere at MD, so try to relax and be yourself, engage in conversation with the other interviewees and your host students.
-comfortable shoes are a must- the interview was on the 9th floor, and when a fire drill sounded, we had to walk down 9 flights instead of taking the elevator! So if you are a girl wearing heels, keep them reasonable height, and stash a pair of flats in your purse for such an eventuality
-the short interview itself feels completely different from the rest of the day- just you sitting across a conference table from a faculty member and D4 student, who has a computer into which they are typing everything you say. Try to keep the same relaxed manner you had up to this point! I think the interview question thread had every question I got in some shape or form, except "Who do you model your life after and why?" Another question that apparently threw some ppl was "What are some negative and positive things you see about dentistry?" They also asked what my family thought about me going into dentistry, why dentistry, why now, if I had family in dentistry, how I studied for DAT and was I happy with my score, what i liked to do for fun/to relax. I don't specifically remember anything else, but I didn't feel like they were grilling me, trying to trick me, etc.

Everyone is super nice, so you'll probably feel like the overall result is positive... the only problem with that is that everyone feels the same way, so I have no idea how that translates into acceptances! Fingers crossed for Dec 1.

Good luck with the interview!
If you have any specific questions I didn't address, let me know

Reactions: 6 users
I just interviewed at MD on the 21st so here are some comments/tips...

-If you're anything like me and find city streets somewhat confusing, allow yourself plenty of extra time to find the parking garage and walk to school (make a note of what level you parked on)
-they keep a very relaxed atmosphere at MD, so try to relax and be yourself, engage in conversation with the other interviewees and your host students.
-comfortable shoes are a must- the interview was on the 9th floor, and when a fire drill sounded, we had to walk down 9 flights instead of taking the elevator! So if you are a girl wearing heels, keep them reasonable height, and stash a pair of flats in your purse for such an eventuality
-the short interview itself feels completely different from the rest of the day- just you sitting across a conference table from a faculty member and D4 student, who has a computer into which they are typing everything you say. Try to keep the same relaxed manner you had up to this point! I think the interview question thread had every question I got in some shape or form, except "Who do you model your life after and why?" Another question that apparently threw some ppl was "What are some negative and positive things you see about dentistry?" They also asked what my family thought about me going into dentistry, why dentistry, why now, if I had family in dentistry, how I studied for DAT and was I happy with my score, what i liked to do for fun/to relax. I don't specifically remember anything else, but I didn't feel like they were grilling me, trying to trick me, etc.

Everyone is super nice, so you'll probably feel like the overall result is positive... the only problem with that is that everyone feels the same way, so I have no idea how that translates into acceptances! Fingers crossed for Dec 1.

Good luck with the interview!
If you have any specific questions I didn't address, let me know
did they ask ""Describe an ethical situation you were in and how did you respond?"

did they ask ""Describe an ethical situation you were in and how did you respond?"

They did not, much to my relief, b/c although I'm sure I'm involved in ethical situations constantly, it doesn't seem all that obvious, so I wasn't sure what I would say! They did ask where else I applied, and what I would do if I didn't get in.

I really liked the school and want to go there even more than I did before the interview.

Just got the invitation e-mail at 8:30AM EST!

Accepted via email a couple minutes ago!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Accepted via email at 8:27 this morning!!! Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have heard already!

Accepted Via email...Addsaas still says "invited for interview"

Did everyone get the email at the same time?

Does any1 know if scholarships are given in the email or in the paper acceptance

Will they be sending out offers throughout the day?

Reactions: 1 users
Does any1 know if scholarships are given in the email or in the paper acceptance
Following for the scholarship. Anyone have any info? Would love to know!

I didn't get that question, but they did ask describe a difficult situation in your life, how you responded to it and what did you learn about yourself from it. I would have preferred the ethical situation question instead. They did ask how does race and ethnicity play a role in dentistry.

Everyone that said got accepted were OOS??
Some did not clarify.. I asked in an earlier post and got no responses. Speaking strictly on behalf of myself and another in-state friend, we haven't heard anything :( Are you in-state?

Some did not clarify.. I asked in an earlier post and got no responses. Speaking strictly on behalf of myself and another in-state friend, we haven't heard anything :( Are you in-state?
Yeah I am too. There was someone that mentioned he she was out of state but that’s it lolol

ANYONE IN STATE HEARD BACK ?!

in-state, accepted this morning! :soexcited: I interviewed 11/21. This is the only school I applied to, so I am beyond elated to accept!!! Can't wait to meet y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.