**Official Maryland Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the same thing. Not sure what this means.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for this! I was wondering if you could tell us about the highlights of this school and questions you suggest we ask during our interview as well! Thanks!

The school has a strong clinical program. A lot of people both do residencies and go straight out to practice. Clinic is what you make of it. There are a ton of student orgs and a general family atmosphere. It is the perfect class size in my opinion.

As for questions to ask: that's up to you. When I was interviewing forever ago, I asked the same basic questions at every program plus organic questions based on the convo and vibe

Reactions: 1 user
Is the area the school is in safe or is everything I hear about downtown Baltimore true?

The school is in Downtown Baltimore. You just need to be smart and use common sense: don't walk around alone at 11 PM. Don't have your phone out or looked distracted. Do explore the city... there are so many cooler places than the Inner Harbor! Check out Fed Hill, Fell's Point, Hampden, Canton, Harbor East, Mount Vernon, Little Italy, etc.
Realize the history of the city and the patient population. You will see things there that many students at other schools will not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the interview is going to be like? I've heard it going to be a 2 v 1, with one faculty and one D4. Just not sure how long it usually is, and the atmosphere of the interview. Do we also have lunch interview with students?

2 people: faculty and a third or fourth year student. Tuesdays are fourth years. Wednesdays vary. It's usually laid back, relaxed, maybe a half hour or so. It can be even shorter!
Students on the committee act as guides, giving tours and eating lunch with you.

Reactions: 2 users
Have all of you heard back? It seems people received interview invites yesterday and this morning, and they also had their supplementals received emails last week.
Just got an interview invite. Received the auto email saying my secondary was complete last week (though I submitted it July 26th)

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

just got my interview invite and my secondary app was processed yesterday

So excited to have received my interview invite today for October 23rd. Hope to see you there! :)

Last edited:
got my interview invite today for 11/7! submitted my 2ndary in august but just got the confirmation email last week, weird

Got my interview invite and confirmed today for October 23rd. I sent my secondary sometime in very early August but just got the confirmation early last week. If anyone is on the same day let me know :)
Residency: Canadian
DAT AA/TS: 23 / 22
GPA s/o: 3.96/3.94

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invite today! So I'm assuming you guys will hear back soon if you got an email telling you they received your secondary.

Spoke too soon. I got invite today. My supplemental was processed about 2 weeks ago

Just got my interview invite as well (11/14). I submitted my secondary application in July but I didn't get confirmation that it was received until two weeks ago.

So excited to have received my interview invite today for October 27th. Hope to see you there! :)

Saturday, Oct 27? I need to call and reschedule mine due to a conflicts and just wanted to make sure you entered this correctly. They offer Sat. interviews? Thanks!

If I haven't received a supplemental from Maryland at this point is that a sign of a rejection?

Saturday, Oct 27? I need to call and reschedule mine due to a conflicts and just wanted to make sure you entered this correctly. They offer Sat. interviews? Thanks!
Oops you're completely right! I meant to enter Oct. 23rd

If I haven't received a supplemental from Maryland at this point is that a sign of a rejection?
I'm wondering the same thing. But I submitted later in the cycle though. When did you submit?

No... people interview through March. Chill out! You may hear back later. They don't officially accept anyone until December. Many people in my class interviewed right before December and even later in the cycle, or accepted off the waitlist, and are now UMSOD grads and DDS.

Reactions: 1 users
If I received a supplemental confirmation from Maryland two weeks ago but haven't heard back about an interview yet, should I be concerned? (Since some people received the supplemental confirmation after I did and received an interview already.)

Congrats to everyone who got interviews already!!

I received an email that my application has been processed on 08/22. Is there another email regarding the supplemental ?

I received an email that my application has been processed on 08/22. Is there another email regarding the supplemental ?
The supplemental is given to select students and is the next step to be considered for an interview.

I was just sent the secondary app. When you guys say they sent in the confirmation email a couple months after, do you mean the "your University of Maryland DDS Program Application for Admission has been received" email? Or is it another confirmation that comes later?
Thanks!

I was just sent the secondary app. When you guys say they sent in the confirmation email a couple months after, do you mean the "your University of Maryland DDS Program Application for Admission has been received" email? Or is it another confirmation that comes later?
Thanks!

I received a confirmation email twice. Once right after I submitted the secondary, and then another month later. The only difference to the emails was that the subject lines were slightly different.

I received a confirmation email twice. Once right after I submitted the secondary, and then another month later. The only difference to the emails was that the subject lines were slightly different.
Okay, thank you!

Interview #5
School: UMD
Notification date: 08/21/2018
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/none
Interviewing Sept 25th!
Hey I am interviewing this Wednesday! Would you mind sharing your experience and What format the interview was? Thank you!

Hey I am interviewing this Wednesday! Would you mind sharing your experience and What format the interview was? Thank you!

They ask a lot of common interview questions and questions based on your application. So be prepared for both! The format is two on one. One faculty and one 4th year student.

They ask a lot of common interview questions and questions based on your application. So be prepared for both! The format is two on one. One faculty and one 4th year student.

Does this mean the interview is open file?

Thanks in advance.

Just got an interview invite this morning for Dec 5th. It’s my first interview so I’m super excited. What is the interview process like for those who have already interviewed? Is it open file? Thanks!

Just got an interview invite this morning for Dec 5th. It’s my first interview so I’m super excited. What is the interview process like for those who have already interviewed? Is it open file? Thanks!
Congrats!! When was your application complete and when did you receive your supplemental confirmation?

Congrats!! When was your application complete and when did you receive your supplemental confirmation?

Notification Date: 10/11/2018
Application Complete: June 28th
Secondary App request came in July 20th

My interview is coming up on the 23rd, anyone have any tips? So far, the interview's I've had aren't as traditional as this is. Is it open or closed file? I'll be in the area on the 22nd wandering around, anyone have any suggestions of things to do? Booking a hotel that's within 15 minutes walk from the school

Does anyone know when MD interviews till and if they offer 1st year scholarships?

Hello SDN-ers! I graduated from UMSOD in 2018 and love being a dentist now :)
If you have any Qs, feel free to reach out by tagging me or sending a private message. I will do my best to answer in a timely manner

Please remember to take everything you see on here with a grain of salt. Enjoy the application and interview process... its nothing compared to the stress of school during a hard week
UMD states on their website that letters of recommendation from one professor each in the departments of biology and chemistry may be substituted. I took gen chem at community college and orgo professor retired so that I couldn't get rec from chem dept. Maryland is my top choice so I applied here with 3 recs from biology dept. (1 rec is from biochem professor) and 1 rec from a dentist. Do you know anyone accepted in the previous cycle who was in same situation like me? I received supplemental application so far.

So my retake of the DAT scores just got processed by AADSAS. UMD just sent an email saying I am going under review again now. My scores were 20AA/19TS(BIO18/QR20/PAT21/RC23/GC22/OC17). Do you think I am going to hear anything anytime soon? Like a rejection? lol or an invitation would be really great but the first time I scored 20AA/18TS(BIO20/QR19/PAT22/RC24/GC16/OC19). I know they said on their website that no science score can drop below a 17 but 18 and above will make you more competitive. I don't even know if I have a serious chance with that 17 in OC the second time. I don't know what happened but I brought that 16, the first time, up by 5 points. I hope they see that at least. Trying my best. What do you think? Good luck to the rest of you!

Just interviewed here. Great school and great energy. Best of luck to all applying!

Has anyone not heard back yet about an interview after receiving the 'secondary application received' email?

anyone have any info on the interview set up?
Pretty normal, a tour and lunch and presentations and then the interviews. Probably about 20-25 of us and we all had slightly different schedules, so we weren't all interviewing at the same time. There's a holding tank room and then student guides will come get you and take you to your room for interview, where there are two interviewers and you. Mine was really laid back and fun!

Pretty normal, a tour and lunch and presentations and then the interviews. Probably about 20-25 of us and we all had slightly different schedules, so we weren't all interviewing at the same time. There's a holding tank room and then student guides will come get you and take you to your room for interview, where there are two interviewers and you. Mine was really laid back and fun!

^same. After Nova, the most chill interview I’ve had, everybody came out of their interview feeling good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me the total cost of the school for first year? Like tuition + equipment cost? For residents and non residents? I just want to know how much the school costs (mandatory stuff). And if there's like a paper you guys got at the interview that shows it, maybe paste it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.