**Official Maryland Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear anything about our immunization requirements? I spoke with the office, and they said that all immunization stuff will be given out around May. If the deposits are the only things we have to worry about before April-May, then I will travel and visit my families abroad until then :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Cheap isn't exactly the word I would use to describe Fed Hill. Other areas people live in are Ridgleys Delight, Pigtown, Riverside, Barre Circle, Otterbein, the various downtown high rises, Mount Vernon. There are buses from the campus to many of the aforementioned areas, but not all are even within walking distance ie Fed Hill.
Oh no i wpuldnt say its cheap either thats why i used quotes lol but its cheaper than most the areas that are considered safe fun areas. I loved in mt vernon. Still a great area but probably a couple hundred a month more than fed hill. Pigtown is close to campus too but just gotta be choosy

Anyone hear anything about our immunization requirements? I spoke with the office, and they said that all immunization stuff will be given out around May. If the deposits are the only things we have to worry about before April-May, then I will probably travel and visit my families abroad until then :D

Don't worry about immunizations. They aren't due until October anyways. If you don't have health insurance you can go ahead and wait for the school's to kick in and do everything when you are here. You have plenty of time. Enjoy the rest of the year!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when we should be sending in official transcripts? Or will they be taking them from AADSAS?

Received an interview invite this morning by phone call!

can anyone offer insight into living in Fayette Square vs. the options listed above? (Fed Hill, Mount Vernon, etc).

Congratulations on everyone admitted, and good luck to those applying! I'm so happy for you all!
I was wondering if anyone in-state/out-of-state received a scholarship - I'm not sure if there is an application process. And has anyone heard (from those already in dental school) if any people receive scholarships after admission?

Did anyone else receive the email from UMB prompting us to register for an account?

When did you get this email? and did you pay your deposit already?
I paid the initial deposit. My AADSAS portal also changed to offer accepted. Just wondering if this is the case for everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances are supposed to go out?

I just got my email today at 10:33 am EST! I will be putting down the full deposit. Could not be more excited!!!!!!!

I just got my email today at 10:33 am EST! I will be putting down the full deposit. Could not be more excited!!!!!!!
When did you interview?

I just got the email as well, so excited!!!

OOS student, interviewed 11/14

I got in today at 10:30 by email. I had to read it over about 5 times to make sure, and I’m in schock. To whoever is still waiting to hear back, I wish you the best and advise you to keep calm. Stressing won’t do you any good.

I got in today at 10:30 by email. I had to read it over about 5 times to make sure, and I’m in schock. To whoever is still waiting to hear back, I wish you the best and advise you to keep calm. Stressing won’t do you any good.
Congratulations! For those accepted, when did you interview?

Congratulations! For those accepted, when did you interview?

I was accepted this morning at 10:32 am, invited to interview on 12/3, and interviewed on 12/4 (very last minute, but I’m in state).

Reactions: 2 users
Found these helpful questions on another thread! Any current student input is very much appreciated!

1. Name of Your Dental School

2. Your Year (if you're not comfortable answering that, have you taken Part I of the NBDE?)

3. What is your examination schedule like? Block Schedule (midterms and finals week) or several every week?

4. What is the hardest class? Why?

5. What is the easiest class? Why?

6. Are class notes based primarily on textbooks? or based on lecture powerpoints made up by professors?

7. Are traditional (paper) textbooks used or are they electronic? If electronic, do you prefer traditional textbooks?

8. What is the grading system? Pass/Fail/Honors? Letter Grades? Percentages?

9. Are your classmates generally gunners and try to sabatoge each other? If not, is the culture one where everybody tries to help everybody out?

10. Is there a notetaking service for lecture available?

11. Is class attendance mandatory?

12. In general, are teachers approachable for questions? Or are they for the most part very busy and unreachable (research, etc...)?

13. What is the drop out rate?

14. Are there any resources to help students who are struggling?

15. What is the % first time board pass rate? What is the average score (if available)?

16. When do you take the NDBE Part 1?

17. Does the school offer classes/review sessions to prepare for Part 1?

18. Do you get a block of time off before boards to study? If so, how long? If not, do you have to study simultaneously with classes?

19. Do most people study in the University Library? Or does the place clear out right after school and everybody studies on their own?

20. Are patients readily available to fulfill clinical requirements or do you have to do a lot of work to get them in?

21. Is it a hassle to get a chair once you get patients in? In your opinion, does your school have enough chairs?

22. What are the clinical requirements to graduate? (number of crowns, fillings, etc...) Is it reasonably attainable or pretty difficult?

23. What types of opportunities do students have to explore different specialties?

24. Is there sufficent preparation for practice management? What career placement opportunites does your school offer?

25. What is the dress code at your school? Are there different scrub colors that change for D1, D2, D3, and D4?

26. Is there much camaraderie between students in the same class? Do students generally associate with each other outside of school?

27. What student organizations are most active?

28. What are your opinions on the location of the dental school? Is finding housing an issue? Is safety an issue?

29. What do you not like about your dental school?

30. Any last words or advice?

@umbtoothfairy I saw your answers to questions 1-18 on the 2022 thread, they were very helpful! If you ever find the time, even a few more answers to some of the other questions would be so helpful and much appreciated.
link that thread or the answers please?

I was accepted this morning at 10:32 am, invited to interview on 12/3, and interviewed on 12/4 (very last minute, but I’m in state).
wow your turnaround time for both interview and acceptance was so quick! congrats!

I am somewhat confused on the tuition situation. I have the packet they gave us but it doesn’t specifically say. Does anyone know the exact cost of tuition for instate and out of state? Thank you

I am somewhat confused on the tuition situation. I have the packet they gave us but it doesn’t specifically say. Does anyone know the exact cost of tuition for instate and out of state? Thank you
I emailed the office of admissions to send me the financials PowerPoint that they showed us during the interview it has all the info on it.

Hey guys, for anyone that has already paid their initial deposit, did yall get a confirmation email as well as a status change on the AADSAS portal from Offer made to Offer Accepted?

Question for any of you accepted on the 3rd. Does Maryland send out a physical admissions packet or is it just the PDF they attach in the email?

My portal still says invited to interview, I interviewed in Oct... RIP Maryland

So since it’s rolling admission, and if we interviewed in September/October,does that mean we’ve been waitlisted?
-thanks!

I don't think so. I interviewed last week and they told us there that the "second round of offers" would go out 12/17 (yesterday, but they didn't come out yet it seems like) and then after the 2nd round, they continue to make offers until the class is full. Then they reevaluate people left and discuss who will be moved to the waitlist or rejected. But they only move people to the waitlist/reject people after the class is full...that was my understanding. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I don't think so. I interviewed last week and they told us there that the "second round of offers" would go out 12/17 (yesterday, but they didn't come out yet it seems like) and then after the 2nd round, they continue to make offers until the class is full. Then they reevaluate people left and discuss who will be moved to the waitlist or rejected. But they only move people to the waitlist/reject people after the class is full...that was my understanding. Hope that helps.
Do you think the 2nd round offers will come out this week?

Does anyone know if we have to do anything else aside from paying for the 1st deposit until April?

Status
Not open for further replies.