*~*~*~*Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2020-2021*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen that statistic published but if I do find it I'll share with y'all
I have asked them this question in the past and they said they had no statistics to share with me :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a wise decision to decline an interview after already receiving a prematch at school I would rather attend? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to update my grades for the fall semester. One question I had is if I dropped a course early in the semester, do I mark it as withdrew on TMDSAS? At my school these dropped classes don't show up on my transcript. And similarly for the spring semester, the classes I ended up signing for differed from my classes I put down when I submitted for my application. I can't change the names of my courses, so what would I do to update schools?

I'm trying to update my grades for the fall semester. One question I had is if I dropped a course early in the semester, do I mark it as withdrew on TMDSAS? At my school these dropped classes don't show up on my transcript. And similarly for the spring semester, the classes I ended up signing for differed from my classes I put down when I submitted for my application. I can't change the names of my courses, so what would I do to update schools?
I think drop is diff from withdrew. Withdrew is if you actually recorded a grade in the class. With drops you don't have that, thus I don' think you have to mark as a W. Please correct if I'm wrong.
To change the name of the course, you should contact TMDSAS and they can manually change it.

Reactions: 1 user
I think drop is diff from withdrew. Withdrew is if you actually recorded a grade in the class. With drops you don't have that, thus I don' think you have to mark as a W. Please correct if I'm wrong.
To change the name of the course, you should contact TMDSAS and they can manually change it.
I see, should I also contact TMDSAS to remove the class I dropped then? There's nothing I can do manually except for enter a grade. Thanks so much!!!

I see, should I also contact TMDSAS to remove the class I dropped then? There's nothing I can do manually except for enter a grade. Thanks so much!!!
Yes they should be able to do all of that.

I’m a texas non trad applicant (1st time application) and I haven’t heard back from any TMDSAS schools. I’ve already sent a LOI to TCOM, but haven’t heard back from them still. Should I send out other LOIs, or is it too late at this point? I’m not sure how long interview invites are extended til.

I’m a texas non trad applicant (1st time application) and I haven’t heard back from any TMDSAS schools. I’ve already sent a LOI to TCOM, but haven’t heard back from them still. Should I send out other LOIs, or is it too late at this point? I’m not sure how long interview invites are extended til.
Interviews for all the TMDSAS schools will be over by Feb 19, the date applicants need to enter their rank list for schools where they have interviewed.
If you applied to UIWSOM you could still hear from them past that date.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews for all the TMDSAS schools will be over by Feb 19, the date applicants need to enter their rank list for schools where they have interviewed.
If you applied to UIWSOM you could still hear from them past that date.
I’ve heard back from UIWSOM and other out of state DO schools, but I’m still hoping to hear back from Texas schools! Any advices or suggestions as to what I could do?

So the craziest thing just happened to me. I went into the TMDSAS portal to withdraw a prematch offer. Selected the school, clicked submit. Then I refreshed the page to confirm the change. . .and the system automatically withdrew the prematch from the school listed directly below!!! I almost had a heart attack, then realized it was not my top choice school. Be careful when using the prematch withdrawal tool!!! :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
So the craziest thing just happened to me. I went into the TMDSAS portal to withdraw a prematch offer. Selected the school, clicked submit. Then I refreshed the page to confirm the change. . .and the system automatically withdrew the prematch from the school listed directly below!!! I almost had a heart attack, then realized it was not my top choice school. Be careful when using the prematch withdrawal tool!!! :eek:
If I were you I'd stop now, @Chitaku!
It's thoughtful to withdraw some offers if you have several, but not at all required, before match day.

Holding several offers for more than a couple of weeks after April 30, in contrast, is not recommended.

If I were you I'd stop now, @Chitaku!
It's thoughtful to withdraw some offers if you have several, but not at all required, before match day.

Holding several offers for more than a couple of weeks after April 30, in contrast, is not recommended.
I was planning to just withdraw from that one school I 100% know I would not attend over the others, but it turned into two schools lol. I've definitely stopped after that shock lol!

I was planning to just withdraw from that one school I 100% know I would not attend over the others, but it turned into two schools lol. I've definitely stopped after that shock lol!
Message TMDSAS that this happened, as well, so they know of a glitch. They might not get back to you for a few days since they will be busy handling transcripts when they return from break, but it could help someone else :angelic:

are update letters normally sent to the admissions emails for each school?

Hi! Is it wise to send the transcript to TMDSAS to update fall 2020 grades? Would that help with the admissions if my GPA improved? If so, how does this process go?

Hi! Is it wise to send the transcript to TMDSAS to update fall 2020 grades? Would that help with the admissions if my GPA improved? If so, how does this process go?
Your transcripts will only be processed if you’re accepted to a school and then TMDSAS will send an email asking you to send them. Regardless if you haven’t been accepted yet, You can update your grades manually in the coursework section and then it will automatically update your GPA! :)

Enter the grades manually on your TMDSAS portal and "save".
TMDSAS will recalculate your GPA and send the new info to all your schools.
You do not need to send an official transcript to TMDSAS this year until/unless you have an offer of admission.

Also, after you are admitted the school will usually ask for an official transcript to be sent to them. (later, like April to June).

@wysdoc
I just wanted to confirm. Scholarships that are being sent out are merit scholarships. I remember someone posting that schools don't really offer need-based scholarships prior to match day because it does take effort to browse through one FAFSA and calculate an amount; ergo, it'll make sense to offer an amount after the match when they for sure attending the school.

I'm asking simply to reassure myself that there's still a chance to receive some tuition money (I don't expect a lot but at least some).

Is it too late to send letters of interest to TMDSAS schools at this point? I applied late (Complete Mid Oct) and have not received news/II's from any of the TMDSAS schools :cryi:. If interviews go until February, would a letter of interest/update still be considered?

Thanks

Happy new year all btw :)

Last edited:
Is it too late to send letters of interest to TMDSAS schools at this point? I applied late (Complete Mid Oct) and have not received news/II's from any of the TMDSAS schools :cryi:. If interviews go until February, would a letter of interest/update still be considered?

Thanks

Happy new year all btw :)
I think it's a good idea, at this point why not? But keep in mind several of the schools don't take update/interest letters pre-interview like Mcgovern, El Paso, Tech, etc... Check their websites and if they accept letters pre-interview, I would send them

I think it's a good idea, at this point why not? But keep in mind several of the schools don't take update/interest letters pre-interview like Mcgovern, El Paso, Tech, etc... Check their websites and if they accept letters pre-interview, I would send them
How do I know if they take update/interest letters? I looked at their websites and couldn't find anything related to that, especially on Mcgovern's website.

How do I know if they take update/interest letters? I looked at their websites and couldn't find anything related to that, especially on Mcgovern's website.
Most all accept, except TX A&M (no update letters) and UH and SHSU (letter of intent only).

TCU/UNTHSC and UTSW do not accept additional updates past the secondary. Baylor accepts letters of intent after interview. I think the most useful time in TX for letters of interest is if one ends up on a Wait List after Match Day.

I only know because I tried emailing them one and they politely told me they don't accept it pre-interview. From what I've gathered from trying to send them to all schools is that UTMB, UTRGV, and UTSA are the only schools that will accept them pre-interview

A lot don't accept them unless you get an interview first
I called some of them and other than the exceptions, they affirm they do. I'll put it this way, they will take it. Beyond that, who knows what happens.

Most all accept, except TX A&M (no update letters) and UH and SHSU (letter of intent only).
I sent in an update to A&M & UTSWbefore I got an interview invite! They accept them update letters

Last edited:
I sent in an update to A&M before I got an interview invite! They accept them update letters
dang what when I sent them an update letter they said they wouldn't accept it pre-interview :O. Have the email to prove it lol. On a side note, isn't that extremely unfair and random if the school is accepting update letters from some students and not others??? Not that A&M is my top choice or anything

Last edited:
dang what when I sent them an update letter they said they wouldn't accept it pre-interview :O. Have the email to prove it lol. On a side note, isn't that extremely unfair and random if the school is accepting update letters from some students and not others??? Not that A&M is my top choice or anything
oh wow that is very unfair... im so sorry! They should really be consistent and fair with everyone :(

I sent in an update to A&M & UTSWbefore I got an interview invite! They accept them update letters
How do I submit one? Do I just email a pdf version to the admissions office? Or is there a page on the portal that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

How do I submit one? Do I just email a pdf version to the admissions office? Or is there a page on the portal that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!
For UTSW, the told me to use the document upload & then A&M said they would attach the PDF I sent to my file !

Is anyone else’s transcripts taking a rather long time to be marked as received? I sent mine about half a month ago when it was requested and still haven’t received any updates to my TMDSAS profile.

I just want to know if another copy needs to be sent or if anything else must be done.

Is anyone else’s transcripts taking a rather long time to be marked as received? I sent mine about half a month ago when it was requested and still haven’t received any updates to my TMDSAS profile.

I just want to know if another copy needs to be sent or if anything else must be done.
They are swamped with transcripts and just returned to work today after Christmas break. They said there is no penalty to you for delayed transcript handling.
I know some applicants are also hoping for updated grades to go to schools, you can enter your Fall 2020 grades on the portal and save, the new GPA will be sent to schools.

They are swamped with transcripts and just returned to work today after Christmas break. They said there is no penalty to you for delayed transcript handling.
I know some applicants are also hoping for updated grades to go to schools, you can enter your Fall 2020 grades on the portal and save, the new GPA will be sent to schools.
Thanks for the information wysdoc!
I’m sorry if I sounded too paranoid and I do hope they all had a good break.

Mine took a long time as well. I emailed them about it and they ended up processing them that same day. They are understandably swamped!

Uhh is it weird that tmdsas hasn't requested a transcript yet? I've been sitting on two As since October but people seem to be getting emails from tmdsas already.

Just bc they r so busy this year?

I recently noticed that one of my courses on TMDSAS (Biol 111) was accidentally entered as (Biol 311) for veterinary school. I am contacting TMDSAS tomorrow, but do yall think I'll be okay? Like will schools notice the issue and know that I meant 111 not 311? Also, if I get it fixed tomorrow, will the schools see the fixed version?

I recently noticed that one of my courses on TMDSAS (Biol 111) was accidentally entered as (Biol 311) for veterinary school. I am contacting TMDSAS tomorrow, but do yall think I'll be okay? Like will schools notice the issue and know that I meant 111 not 311? Also, if I get it fixed tomorrow, will the schools see the fixed version?
At the point where TMDSAS gets your transcripts from you, they will compare what courses you entered line by line and look for any errors like this. I'm not familiar with the Vet school timeline but you have done what you can, by contacting TMDSAS when you noticed the mistake.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.