Ohio State c/o 2017 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think on the website it says if you submit vmcas after mid September then expect it in 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get an email from OSU to set up their account? It's not for the supplemental right? Because I can't find it anywhere on there.

EDIT: Just kidding, they sent me an email this morning (9/28) with a link to the supplemental. Now it's all done!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So I just completed the supplemental application, and sorry if I'm just being really paranoid, but was putting in your information, an emergency contact, and a few other things all there was to it? Last year it was so in depth, asking how many of each kind of animal you worked with and writing another essay, and this year it just seems so simple.

Anyone else get an email from OSU to set up their account? It's not for the supplemental right? Because I can't find it anywhere on there.

EDIT: Just kidding, they sent me an email this morning (9/28) with a link to the supplemental. Now it's all done!

When did you submit your VMCAS? I was just wondering how quickly OSU sends out their supplemental application.

So I just completed the supplemental application, and sorry if I'm just being really paranoid, but was putting in your information, an emergency contact, and a few other things all there was to it? Last year it was so in depth, asking how many of each kind of animal you worked with and writing another essay, and this year it just seems so simple.

Yup, that was it. I guess they way changed it for this year for whatever reason.

I saw on their website that you can only have 1 pre-req class in the year you want to matriculate, but I will unfortunately have 2 in the spring 2013 semester. Was someone else in this similar situation when they were applying? Are they pretty set on this rule? I emailed them, but no response :thumbdown:

I saw on their website that you can only have 1 pre-req class in the year you want to matriculate, but I will unfortunately have 2 in the spring 2013 semester. Was someone else in this similar situation when they were applying? Are they pretty set on this rule? I emailed them, but no response :thumbdown:

No idea how hard and fast this rule is, but I wouldn't count on them making an exception. You might have a slightly better chance if one of your missing pre-reqs isn't a hard science. I would call them rather than emailing. I haven't gotten super fast responses through email with them.

Anyone who's done the supplemental--did you get a separate email from the OSU username activation code for the supplemental? I went onto Buckeye link to check my application status and it says my OSUid isn't recognized so I can't do the supplemental.

Anyone who's done the supplemental--did you get a separate email from the OSU username activation code for the supplemental? I went onto Buckeye link to check my application status and it says my OSUid isn't recognized so I can't do the supplemental.

Yup, I got an email the next day telling me I could access the supplemental. At that point it was on Buckeye link.

Application is "In Review"! YAY!

Yup, I got an email the next day telling me I could access the supplemental. At that point it was on Buckeye link.

Thanks. I got my supplemental today. Finally done with all my apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did the supplemental :D (Still have two more that haven't opened :thumbdown:)

So I got the link to the supplemental but when I click it, I get something about a navigation error or something. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to access the application through Buckeyelink?

So I got the link to the supplemental but when I click it, I get something about a navigation error or something. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to access the application through Buckeyelink?

I had that problem yesterday and after I waited a few hours and restarted my browser it worked. To get to the supplemental through buckeye link click on application status under the admissions section. Then under the self service menu on the sidebar there should be a link that says OSU supplemental applications. When you click on that there will be a link to the vet school supplemental.

I had that problem yesterday and after I waited a few hours and restarted my browser it worked. To get to the supplemental through buckeye link click on application status under the admissions section. Then under the self service menu on the sidebar there should be a link that says OSU supplemental applications. When you click on that there will be a link to the vet school supplemental.

Thank you! I got it to work a few hours later. :) All submitted; I'm so excited!

Go bucks!!! I'm going to try to volunteer for the dinner the night before your guys' interviews. The students there were soooo helpful for me last year so I'd thought I'd pay it forward! GOOD LUCK!

Go bucks!!! I'm going to try to volunteer for the dinner the night before your guys' interviews. The students there were soooo helpful for me last year so I'd thought I'd pay it forward! GOOD LUCK!

:thumbup:

For those of you who submitted recently, how long did it take to get the email about the supplemental?

I'm guessing it will be longer for me since I submitted Sunday along with probably A LOT of other applicants, but just curious.

For those of you who submitted recently, how long did it take to get the email about the supplemental?

I'm guessing it will be longer for me since I submitted Sunday along with probably A LOT of other applicants, but just curious.

( I submitted mine in early Sept.) but it was mailed last Thursday when all my LORs were done and I got my e-mail this morning.

So I received my email asking to set up the account, requested the activation code, and then also received the email this morning about the supplemental application.

But, when I log onto Buckeye Link and visit my Self-Service page, there is no option present to complete any sort of supplemental application. Under my application status it says to visit my Self-Service page to complete the Supplemental for the CVM but I don't see this anywhere....

Is there some secret location for this link? Or am I just blind?

It should be under "Self Serve" then the subgroup "OSU Supplemental Appllications" and it should show up after you click that. I don't remember for sure, but I think after I logged in the first time I couldn't find it, so I logged out and logged back in again, and it was there. Maybe that'll work for you? Good luck...it really takes almost no time at all :)

Got the e-mail today and submitted the supplemental! Do they send a verification e-mail to indicate it was submitted?

Got the e-mail today and submitted the supplemental! Do they send a verification e-mail to indicate it was submitted?

I did not get an email, but when you go into buckeyelink > student center > application status it should show that the supplemental is complete. This might take a day or so - I completed it yesterday and it didn't show up as complete until this morning.

I did not get an email, but when you go into buckeyelink > student center > application status it should show that the supplemental is complete. This might take a day or so - I completed it yesterday and it didn't show up as complete until this morning.
Thanks! It says complete now.

Really liking that the supplemental isn't like last years which seemed rather un-fun from the sound of it.

Have 4 references on my VMCAS and can't decide which 3 to list on the supplemental. Decisions, decisions.

Really liking that the supplemental isn't like last years which seemed rather un-fun from the sound of it.

Have 4 references on my VMCAS and can't decide which 3 to list on the supplemental. Decisions, decisions.

I just went with my gut on this. Hopefully I made the right decision! I had 4 to choose from too.

Just saw online that my transcripts say incomplete, but I had called in early Sept. to verify that they had them :( Hope they are just behind and have not entered them yet.. but I kind of doubt it..

Just saw online that my transcripts say incomplete, but I had called in early Sept. to verify that they had them :( Hope they are just behind and have not entered them yet.. but I kind of doubt it..

That happened to me too! I also sent mine a month ago and they were listed as incomplete until three days ago. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with me being an OSU student already, so maybe they just looked up my transcripts in the system, but I'd say you're probably okay!

That happened to me too! I also sent mine a month ago and they were listed as incomplete until three days ago. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with me being an OSU student already, so maybe they just looked up my transcripts in the system, but I'd say you're probably okay!

I hope so, makes me feel better I am not the only one :rolleyes:

Did anyone send electronic transcripts? OSU's website said they would take them so I sent them for two of my three schools. Only the school with the physical transcript is listed as complete although I know that OSU opened one of the electronic transcripts based on the tracker it had attached.

I just went with my gut on this. Hopefully I made the right decision! I had 4 to choose from too.
I have 5 to choose from. I ended up choosing my main 3 that I used last year. One of the schools in a file review from last year said their evaluations were excellent, so why change? I trust that the other two wrote really great ones too, though. One even stressed how it took him days to write because he wanted to make sure it was perfect. :laugh:

For those of you concerned about transcripts, RELAX!
OSU updates your status on those things when everything is recieved and put into your file. VMCAS mails out bundles of the applications and as those are received, OSU makes your file complete with VMCAS, supplemental, transcripts, etc. So until they sort through all of that, some of your items may be listed as incomplete.
Also, if anything is missing from your file you will have ample opportunity to get it there. Last year, my GRE scores were not received and OSU sent me an e-mail telling me how to fix the problem. I simply had to resend my scores and everthing was fine.

So relax! Soon enough you will be coming for interviews and hopefully joining the OSU vet school familiy!!!!!!

For those of you concerned about transcripts, RELAX!
OSU updates your status on those things when everything is recieved and put into your file. VMCAS mails out bundles of the applications and as those are received, OSU makes your file complete with VMCAS, supplemental, transcripts, etc. So until they sort through all of that, some of your items may be listed as incomplete.
Also, if anything is missing from your file you will have ample opportunity to get it there. Last year, my GRE scores were not received and OSU sent me an e-mail telling me how to fix the problem. I simply had to resend my scores and everthing was fine.

So relax! Soon enough you will be coming for interviews and hopefully joining the OSU vet school familiy!!!!!!

Just as an update to this, I called them earlier in the week because they had my transcript listed as incomplete but then had my school name in the description so I knew they had it. They said they just hadn't matched it to my app yet, so no need to worry! It got updated a few days later.

Just a quick question. How do you check the transcript status? When I go into 'application status' it just shows my supplemental and GRE score status but nothing about transcripts.

Just a quick question. How do you check the transcript status? When I go into 'application status' it just shows my supplemental and GRE score status but nothing about transcripts.

Mine didn't show up until they were adding it. It was listed incomplete at first until they matched it to my VMCAS though.

So I received an email with a username and I.D. and requested an activation code. I have my account and a new password.... now what? Is there a separate email with the supplemental?

That makes sense! Thanks wilfcatj!

So I received an email with a username and I.D. and requested an activation code. I have my account and a new password.... now what? Is there a separate email with the supplemental?

You'll receive a separate email with the link to the supplemental. I received mine the day after I requested my activation code.

Just as an update to this, I called them earlier in the week because they had my transcript listed as incomplete but then had my school name in the description so I knew they had it. They said they just hadn't matched it to my app yet, so no need to worry! It got updated a few days later.
Thanks for that information! I'm in the same situation, so good to know that they just haven't matched it up to my application yet. :D

I'm surprised the supplemental was so simple... made me all paranoid.

I'm surprised the supplemental was so simple... made me all paranoid.

Yeah, I read through it 6 times to make sure I didn't miss anything. I was very nervous it was so easy.

Got an email today saying my app was complete. Has anyone else gotten one?

Yay! Good luck all!!!

We should start finding out soon about interviews!!! At least last year they started letting ppl know about interviews around this time!:xf::xf: :scared: