Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone when the first official day of school is? Like when classes start?
August 22nd is the first day of classes, but orientation will likely start the Wednesday before, August 16th

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone tell me how bikeable the area is? I don't drive so I'm most likely going to bike to/from campus if I can't find an apartment that's within walking distance. Is there bike storage on campus? Are ebikes more likely to get stolen vs standard bikes?

Also does anyone have any extra information about the Summer Veterinary Research Program and the Rainier Scholarship? Is the SVRP super competitive? And does the Rainier Scholarship have any financial perks and how much it is? The osu.vet website isn't very informative regarding the Rainier program.

Can anyone tell me how bikeable the area is? I don't drive so I'm most likely going to bike to/from campus if I can't find an apartment that's within walking distance. Is there bike storage on campus? Are ebikes more likely to get stolen vs standard bikes?

Also does anyone have any extra information about the Summer Veterinary Research Program and the Rainier Scholarship? Is the SVRP super competitive? And does the Rainier Scholarship have any financial perks and how much it is? The osu.vet website isn't very informative regarding the Rainier program.
From my observations most people drive over biking, but that is definitely a great way to avoid the terrible parking situation! There are a couple of bike racks on campus but nothing indoors - I don’t think there’s much risk of theft of bikes at all, but 100% I would lock your bike up. Colony Club, Somerset Apartments, Stadium View, and Lennox Flats are all definitely walkable or bikeable.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m coming for accepted students weekend from California and I’m SO sad that it’s going to be raining the whole time 😩😅

Reactions: 1 users
I’m coming for accepted students weekend from California and I’m SO sad that it’s going to be raining the whole time 😩😅
Welcome to dreary Ohio!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! I can’t wait to meet some of you. The email said business casual for the dinner, but casual for the tour and stuff on day two.

Is anyone wearing jeans on Saturday lol? I don’t want to stick out like a sore thumb

Hey guys! I can’t wait to meet some of you. The email said business casual for the dinner, but casual for the tour and stuff on day two.

Is anyone wearing jeans on Saturday lol? I don’t want to stick out like a sore thumb
A friend sent me a picture of what she wore last year and she had jeans on so I think jeans are okay!

I'm officially a buckeye :love::giggle: just paid my deposit and accepted my seat

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I'm officially a buckeye :love::giggle: just paid my deposit and accepted my seat
That’s awesome. Were you at the admitted student days this past weekend ?

That’s awesome. Were you at the admitted student days this past weekend ?
Yes I was! The tour, panels, + scholarship package made me decide that tOSU was right for me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I was! The tour, panels, + scholarship package made me decide that tOSU was right for me :)
Congrats!!! Happy for you :)

Did you receive your scholarship package this week, or with acceptance?

Oh , we were there with my daughter as well. I wish we had met you.

• Care
Congrats!!! Happy for you :)

Did you receive your scholarship package this week, or with acceptance?
I got it this morning! It wasn’t a full financial aid package, just scholarship offer

Oh , we were there with my daughter as well. I wish we had met you.
Aww. Yes, I wish we would have met! I’m sure I will meet her in the fall :) ❤️

• Care
WOO HOO congrats to you flotus & to your daughter Faye! So happy to see some new & continuing Buckeyes!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
WOO HOO congrats to you flotus & to your daughter Faye! So happy to see some new & continuing Buckeyes!
Thanks! We were so impressed with tOSU admitted students day and so glad that our daughter will be continuing as a buckeye for another 4 years. So Blessed! What a great school!

I accepted my seat. Weren’t we supposed to get a facebook link?

I accepted my seat. Weren’t we supposed to get a facebook link?

You will be invited as people accept their seats. It might take a bit because an upper classman is in charge of the page and they’re understandably busy.

I’ve officially accepted my seat to tOSU! I’m excited, scared, and biiiiiiig nervous.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
You will be invited as people accept their seats. It might take a bit because an upper classman is in charge of the page and they’re understandably busy.
Ok. Thank you! So it takes a couple days?

Anyone visiting this weekend? are you just wearing casual clothes tomorrow?

Are there any alumni or osu students on here that can speak to their equine facilities, I was sad we didn’t get to tour them and that’s my focus.

I accepted my spot!!
( i got an email confirming a paid the deposit, but when i clicked the pay button it also said buckeyelink not respondeding? so idk whats going on there)

I accepted my spot!!
( i got an email confirming a paid the deposit, but when i clicked the pay button it also said buckeyelink not respondeding? so idk whats going on there)
Mine did to! Check your email for confirmation, that is where mine was

it’s been like almost a week and i still haven’t been let into the facebook page. should i message the admin?

it’s been like almost a week and i still haven’t been let into the facebook page. should i message the admin?

They just accepted people into it not too long ago. Maybe try checking now?

does anyone know when we sign up for classes? does someone do it for us?

does anyone know when we sign up for classes? does someone do it for us?
The Office of Professional Program Support (PPS) will register you, you don’t need to worry about it!

Are there any alumni or osu students on here that can speak to their equine facilities, I was sad we didn’t get to tour them and that’s my focus.
So at the moment our on-campus main facilities are good but not amazing - Galbreath is very nice & has great systems & has all of the equipment needed, but it’s not huge, and there aren’t many places to evaluate lameness or other issues requiring more space for movement. But there is a massive construction project going on right now to build a nice indoor arena for this, so this will be fixed soon! I really like that all 3 hospitals (small animal, large animal, and equine) are all connected indoors, and they have closed gated areas to unload trailers. The equine faculty that I’ve worked with have also all been AMAZING, especially Drs. Burns & Hostnik! And despite not having *perfect* facilities, they’re still innovating state-of-the-art procedures and care, including ICU/ECC hospitalizations & VERY cool surgeries!

So at the moment our on-campus main facilities are good but not amazing - Galbreath is very nice & has great systems & has all of the equipment needed, but it’s not huge, and there aren’t many places to evaluate lameness or other issues requiring more space for movement. But there is a massive construction project going on right now to build a nice indoor arena for this, so this will be fixed soon! I really like that all 3 hospitals (small animal, large animal, and equine) are all connected indoors, and they have closed gated areas to unload trailers. The equine faculty that I’ve worked with have also all been AMAZING, especially Drs. Burns & Hostnik! And despite not having *perfect* facilities, they’re still innovating state-of-the-art procedures and care, including ICU/ECC hospitalizations & VERY cool surgeries!

I appreciate this!

is the link to active OSU email account not working for anyone else on the incoming students page of the website?

Does anyone know how admissions determines scholarships?
For first year, I believe they are recruitment based. From my understanding, they offered scholarships to people who scored high on their admissions criteria.

I think there might be some more scholarships that could be need based coming out, since ms. Dawkins said there might be more in the financial aid package!

Does anyone know what items are “must haves” for a first year? Obviously essentials like ipad, laptop, stethoscope. But are there other things that might be helpful to have like bandage scissors, badge reels, thermometers, etc? I’d appreciate any and all input :)

Does anyone know what items are “must haves” for a first year? Obviously essentials like ipad, laptop, stethoscope. But are there other things that might be helpful to have like bandage scissors, badge reels, thermometers, etc? I’d appreciate any and all input :)
They'll send out a list closer to starting school with all of the suggested and/or required items! The only extra things I'd buy would be a badge reel or other way of keeping your ID badge hand on you (lanyard would be fine too), and any specific items you found helpful for studying in undergrad. This might be things like a wireless mouse or Anki remote, a good-quality keyboard & stand that attaches to your iPad, etc. I wouldn't go too nuts until you determine how you think you'd like to study & you get the supplies list!

just declined my seat!! i hope someone hears soon, good luck!!!

When you accepted did you get a welcome email or anything ? I just got my payment receipt but I just want to make sure it totally went through…