OrchWWestra sign-ups +/- game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I been in exactly one spec chat with him (and the game had already ended). What I saw seemed linear.

I'm rather confused because yesterday he said Skim was logical but today she was his only vote.

That's because D2 interactions changed my read of her. I felt that she was being too combative and resistant when responding to you and WZ and it felt in line with her prior wolf activity.

Well gosh I think that's the second time I've annoyed you this game, must be doing something right. I was worried about a last minute swing to me because things were so close. Didn't really care whether or not capri was lynched. Maybe you should have pushed harder :p
Oh don't get me wrong you constantly annoy me ;)

ETA: I thought I pushed pretty hard :(

Reactions: 1 user
Oh don't get me wrong you constantly annoy me ;)

ETA: I thought I pushed pretty hard :(
Not hard enough :rage:
Anyway. I don't know. I kind of get this feel that we were in a v/v tie situation today. Kind of how I feel about yesterday too, when sporty and dolphin were tied.

I remembered why I quoted this, if you think Dolphin is a wolf can you speculate to who might be her wolf pack based on yesterday and today?

how many wolves do we think there are? 2, maybe 3?

Take your pick. Or if you're feeling ambitious, detail out both.

I don’t have any feels on a full pack yet. Sorry. What other questions?
I will say this feels a little off because why ask how many wolves we think there are if she wasn't going to try to think about a full pack anyway?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand what all happened yesterday and today between various people. That's probably not how I process WW although it probably should be.

SP - I really, really, really, want the people voting here to explain more what they find wolfy. I don't have a great meta on village Sporty. If you are village and not wolf, and you are voting for Sporty, you should be more than willing to explain. Plus it makes me feel like "what am I missing here?" So explain yourselves. Otherwise, I can't see what's up with her, and I'm inclined to actually find everyone on her case for seemingly no reason, more suspicious themselves.

WZ - oddly aggressive. She was as a wolf in the last game too. Is it possible when she strikes me as really village, she is, and when she strikes me as wolfy, she is??? It's causing me physical pain trying to deduce if the interaction with Skimble was village on village violence or not.

genny - really wigging me out, because once upon a time I found that I could sometimes read her correctly, I think. She rang village to me last game, and this game feels sort of in the middle of what I think of as village vs wolfy genny meta. I have her as a null which concerns me. You can never tell what genny is unless you can tell she's village. That did make sense, I promise.

Paws - not as aggressive as her wolf games, so far so good, but I don't feel I have a good grasp of her as a player.

AM - I have faith that when she pulls an obviously wolfy move, I'll know it for sure, and by then she's either lynching me or I'm dead.

Dolph - I don't see the big deal with Dolph/Skim, which in turn means I don't really understand the WZ/Skim herfuffle over it, so I ultimately don't get what's wolfy about Dolphin, which then makes me more suspicious of anyone suspecting (him? her?)

Mel - said one thing I feel like is "adding shade" without being backed up by solid Mel logic, and this is typically how I have found wolfy Mel in the past. Inconsistency of logic is always a good wolf clue even excluding meta, so I stand by that. That said, he doesn't feel as evil so let's say he's on the wolfdar but I'm not ready to get my gun just yet.

katashark - my top wolf suspect. So much of it feels wolfy. I'd have to go back to be more specific, but yeah.

capri - When it came down to Skimble vs Capri, I had a much stronger villager feel for Skim. Now that Skim is out of the race, I am finding that some of my issue with Capri is not feeling like I have any strong feelings. That would seem unfair, however someone earlier (I think I quoted them, it might have been katashark) pointed out what about her play seems sketch. It's rough because those habits are wolfy, but they also may be standard Capri.

I think if I was following the player on player interactions more closely (as one should in WW), and less reliant on meta which I often misremember anyway, I'd have a better grasp on the players that are being active. The people I have less of a "grip" on, are therefore attracting more of my notice simply because I don't know what to make of them for the most part.

I forgot to comment on Lawper. Mmm, Lawper is being Lawper? Before end game policy lynch? Just kidding. Kind of.

KD and Dubz would ABSOLUTELY have her play wolf two times in a row if that's how it randed. I'm not saying they would go out of their way against RNG to make that a reality, but if you all don't think they would do it for the lulz, then you haven't been paying attention.

I'm pointing this out because I almost never consider affiliation in past games to EVER be a defense against what RNG could have brought to a current game. Wasn't genny a wolf like 6 times in her first year?

Well gosh I think that's the second time I've annoyed you this game, must be doing something right. I was worried about a last minute swing to me because things were so close. Didn't really care whether or not capri was lynched. Maybe you should have pushed harder :p
This was a post that hit me as very wolfy.

WZ - oddly aggressive.
I. Am. Always. Aggressive.

Christ on a cracker. When is the last tine I played a game where I wasn't stubbornly pushing my stupid opinions all over the place?

Not meant as retaliation, but this vote from WZ feels wolfy af.
Well it was partly because I'm not used to you needing encouragement to post your reads, and that and a couple other things had me wondering where the real village!cray was. And it was also because if I felt like you might be someone I could put a vote in for, I wanted to do it when you were around to respond, not tomorrow morning when you wouldn't see it for 12 hours.

• Haha
I'm pointing this out because I almost never consider affiliation in past games to EVER be a defense against what RNG could have brought to a current game. Wasn't genny a wolf like 6 times in her first year?
Nobody, least of all me, was using that as a defense for me.
I did not ask to be village in this game, so I expect if I had randed wolf kdizzle would have let it stand, unless she had already hand-picked the pack.

Or if she wanted to be kind to me during finals and make sure I didn't fail lol

I. Am. Always. Aggressive.

Christ on a cracker. When is the last tine I played a game where I wasn't stubbornly pushing my stupid opinions all over the place?

Well it was partly because I'm not used to you needing encouragement to post your reads, and that and a couple other things had me wondering where the real village!cray was. And it was also because if I felt like you might be someone I could put a vote in for, I wanted to do it when you were around to respond, not tomorrow morning when you wouldn't see it for 12 hours.
My reads are always painfully vague D1 even though I'll give them. D2 isn't always much better.

Oddly enough, it's literally the player on player violence and stances being taken that have me for a loop. You'd think it would be more to go on, but I find it's just confusing me.

I agree that I find that I feel extra vague on a lot of players this game. Not sure why. It could be the overall aggression and thought loops.

Nobody, least of all me, was using that as a defense for me.
I did not ask to be village in this game, so I expect if I had randed wolf kdizzle would have let it stand, unless she had already hand-picked the pack.

Or if she wanted to be kind to me during finals and make sure I didn't fail lol
To be clear, and to be fair, I don't mean that you were using it as a defense. It's something that came up and I wasn't sure if I made a firm statement to people that generally one is better served assuming affiliation in any one game was decided independent of games just prior to.

I said something, because subconsciously I've been chewing on it. It's not entirely wrong to consider "what are the chances wolf 2x in a row" but usually it is.

I think I need food.

@katashark how do you feel about dolphin?
giphy.gif

but others don't agree....sooooo....

@Crayola227 i voted for Sporty D1 off some mild feels from her posts, it wasn’t super concrete. Then she started to bother me more with her logic on me. And then I started to get votes I believe. Well before that I think @StayingPositive2017 voted for Sporty too. But I already asked for reasoning on it and it was given maybe a page or two ago? I can go find it later. Then dubz made the tie between me and Sporty for reaction porpoises I believe ;)

Then I believe Lawp broke it like an hour before close in my favor. Then Sporty voted shelter like 30ish minutes before close and tied me with that lynch. Then Capri votes shelter and Lawpy unlynched me and voted shelter making it decidingly in shleter’s favor. Then in the midst of the new developments, I was giving Lawper a minute to respond to things before voting him bc at that point he was giving more wolfy vibes and didn’t want shelter to go down. So I unlynched Sporty and voted Lawp.

(P.S. this was meant for you to see reasons but also for me to have a timeline for me to look back at later.)

N2 results:
After a flop of a rehearsal, everyone was encouraged to go home in the hopes of starting fresh in the morning. Maybe players would be in a better mindset.

Another morning. Would there be bloodshed?

Oh look. No one has died. What gives? :headphone:

Lynch closes at 10pm EST
11 players

Roster:
1. @SportPonies
2. @StayingPositive2017
3. @Animal Midwife
4. @WildZoo
5. @Melchizedek
7. @Crayola227
8. @dolphin106258
10. @katashark
11. @capri1722
12. @Lawper
13. @genny

Axed:
9. @sheltermed - Piano
6. @Skimble - Saxophone

Very close paraphrase of last night's mod result:

Something stood in front of me all night. I wasn't scared, instead it made me feel safe.

For the love of God, if this was you, do not say so on the thread (I feel like we have some nooby enough too, I still screw up what I spill on thread).

I thought for intents and purposes of game solving on a no-kill night, it might be good to mention (not for the wolves, if they're not responsible for no-kill they already know it and are hunting for any village protector right now) for the villagers. I'm trying to think why it would be good to know, but regardless. If the wolves are responsible for no-kill, I guess I just answered the question that there is likely a village protector/blocker of some sort. They were already looking for any PRs anyway I expect.

I'm assuming this was a village move and not one of the wolves, because I have no idea why the flavour would say a wolf outside my door made me feel safe.

There is nothing else from my results. So I have no evidence anyone tried to attack me, and that for sure the no-kill night was a result of someone standing in front of me all night.

And yes, if we assume village blocker/protector, all of you will now wonder if I'm making this up to explain no-kill, or that I'm a wolf revealing this notification so to get ahead of accusations from anyone that it was this action upon me that kept me from killing. If you consider between villager telling the truth, or the latter two scenarios, you'll see that the first makes the most sense.

I gotta go to sleep and just wanted to issue this little press release before I wake at like 5 pm PST.

and yes, I decided revealing this was more in village's best interests than sleeping with it or a last minute to lynch reveal which could have resulted otherwise.

Hopefully that was the right move. I never know when to reveal things or not. I'm experimenting with more disclosure in general as I grow as a player.

Hmmm.
I will ruminate on this while I study. Cray seems both an odd target for wolves AND and odd target for a protector (which is indeed what that notification sounds like).

Edit: though maybe a jailer...

I just kind of doubt that would be the cause of the no kill.

Would like to see either sporty or WZ lynched today, as that feels very w vs v but I can't decide which way. Initially I had concerns about WZ D1, then felt a bit better, and as stated before, had issues with sporty, but I'm back to being concerned about WZ. AM being confortable with WZ makes me want closure on this issue too. Either of these flips could also help me interpret Mel better.

On the side lines of the above I have: null feel on kata, not seeing what others are seeing I guess; slightly wolfy leans on lawper due to similarities to the speed game; worried feels about Capri, and wish she had been lynched yesterday.
I think cray is village, I want AM to be village and think WZ flip vill would help me feel better here. Playwise I feel good about AM, so its probably ok.

Dolphin and genny are not currently concerning me so neutral? I had to go look at the list to see who I was missing

Waiting to vote later yesterday did not give me any more clarity and made me more stressed so I'm going to go with

Lynch WZ

Even though it seems like the crazier pick and see what the thread does today

Did anyone receive similar results on N1? I still think there are converts available or that was N1. Especially if there was potentially a very small pack to start. Hopefully because of Cray’s results, the wolves weren’t able to do anything last night at least. Still comfortable with my vote for now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Would like to see either sporty or WZ lynched today, as that feels very w vs v but I can't decide which way. Initially I had concerns about WZ D1, then felt a bit better, and as stated before, had issues with sporty, but I'm back to being concerned about WZ. AM being confortable with WZ makes me want closure on this issue too. Either of these flips could also help me interpret Mel better.

On the side lines of the above I have: null feel on kata, not seeing what others are seeing I guess; slightly wolfy leans on lawper due to similarities to the speed game; worried feels about Capri, and wish she had been lynched yesterday.
I think cray is village, I want AM to be village and think WZ flip vill would help me feel better here. Playwise I feel good about AM, so its probably ok.

Dolphin and genny are not currently concerning me so neutral? I had to go look at the list to see who I was missing
Mmm yes, I love being an info flip for other people that you feel less inclined to lynch willy nilly. It's my favorite role in life. Actually a little insulting if you think about it. Especially the bolded line.

If you wish capri had been lynched yesterday, why aren't you voting there?

What changed your mind on WZ again?

Mmm yes, I love being an info flip for other people that you feel less inclined to lynch willy nilly. It's my favorite role in life. Actually a little insulting if you think about it. Especially the bolded line.

If you wish capri had been lynched yesterday, why aren't you voting there?
I wish she had been lynched yesterday over skim. That's why I voted for her yesterday. That doesn't make her my top wolf choice, it's just who I thought was most wolfy last night based on who was up. At the time sporty had no votes so would have been a throw away vote. You just keep getting sketchier in my mind. I thought it was odd you voted for skim and I felt like you did it because you knew AM would be stubborn and vote there again. Does that make AM wolfy? Not necessarily.
Then all last night, I just kept getting feels from all of your posts.

Also I think the thread has been so quiet because villagers are afraid to speak lest they become that days target. If you two are running the village as villagers, shouldn't people be able to change your minds after they answer your questions?

I wish she had been lynched yesterday over skim. That's why I voted for her yesterday. That doesn't make her my top wolf choice, it's just who I thought was most wolfy last night based on who was up. At the time sporty had no votes so would have been a throw away vote. You just keep getting sketchier in my mind. I thought it was odd you voted for skim and I felt like you did it because you knew AM would be stubborn and vote there again. Does that make AM wolfy? Not necessarily.
Then all last night, I just kept getting feels from all of your posts.
I initially did it because yes, I felt AM would stay there, and I wanted to see how skim would react since she wasn't really responding to that single vote. And then I stayed on it because I didn't like the way she responded. I went into it planning to switch if she responded in a way that I felt was village.

And yes, if we assume village blocker/protector, all of you will now wonder if I'm making this up to explain no-kill, or that I'm a wolf revealing this notification so to get ahead of accusations from anyone that it was this action upon me that kept me from killing. If you consider between villager telling the truth, or the latter two scenarios, you'll see that the first makes the most sense.
I literally had not thought of the latter option until you mentioned it. :lame:

Also I think the thread has been so quiet because villagers are afraid to speak lest they become that days target. If you two are running the village as villagers, shouldn't people be able to change your minds after they answer your questions?
Plenty of people have changed my mind. Skim didn't, that happens. I'm still thinking on cray, but will probably move away from that vote.

What questions have I had answered versus deflection?