Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats. Are you going to attend?
Absolutely! I'm so excited, PNWU has the sort of mentality I was looking for:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
SS: 11/19
C: 11/30

Pretty bummed. I feel as if they didn't review my app that well and found something they didn't like. I wonder why they sent me a secondary in the first place? I've heard they screen pretty well.
East-coast, no ties.
I would've felt fine if the rejection was a month later, but 9 days makes it feel even crummier.

I was wait listed 11/24. I was told by hope that the reevaluate the wait list after every interview. I submitted an LOI. I'm hoping after the 12/14 deadline they might look at wait list a little more seriously. I can't lie though was hoping for a call today lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
SS: 11/19
C: 11/30

Pretty bummed. I feel as if they didn't review my app that well and found something they didn't like. I wonder why they sent me a secondary in the first place? I've heard they screen pretty well.
East-coast, no ties.
I would've felt fine if the rejection was a month later, but 9 days makes it feel even crummier.
You were on committee on 11/30? I've been in committee since 10/7. I haven't seen any update since it received any emails.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You were on committee on 11/30? I've been in committee since 10/7. I haven't seen any update since it received any emails.

I received the complete email on 11/30..

complete since 10/12 and committee since 10/23! Anyone else? Hopefully this isn't bad news

Good luck everyone that interviewed 12/5!

Last edited:
Anyone else looking for a roommate?

Just e-mailed Hope to cancel my interview for 2/27. Good luck to those on the waitlist for an earlier interview date.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on one of the first interview dates. We had 64 people that day. IDK if they interview that many people during later dates in the cycle or if they adjust it based on how many seats they have.
I interviewed 11/13 and there were I think 38 of us!

I was wait listed 11/24. I was told by hope that the reevaluate the wait list after every interview. I submitted an LOI. I'm hoping after the 12/14 deadline they might look at wait list a little more seriously. I can't lie though was hoping for a call today lol.
Yes. They are reviewing the wait list after every single interview this year. It is different from what they have done in the past. Anyone wait listed could, therefore, get a call after any of the interviews. Good luck! I was accepted but only after a clerical error that had me listed as denied-post interview. I was a re-applicant and emailed them for feedback about my interview. It was the following week that I received a call and an apology for the error! Worst two weeks ever and so glad I emailed for feedback!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely forgot I had an account... Hello!
In-state, submitted secondary 9/25, complete and to committee 10/9, II 10/15, interviewed 12/5, acceptance call 12/10!

Need some advice!! There's a good chance I am going to matriculate; however, I am awaiting the results of an interview with my number one school. This could last until March. How aggressive should I be on the house hunt in Yakima if I'm not completely sure? Any current students deal with similar situations?

II and the only date they had available was 3/25! So far away!!! I'm hoping for some cancellations so I can move it up to Jan or Feb!!

Need some advice!! There's a good chance I am going to matriculate; however, I am awaiting the results of an interview with my number one school. This could last until March. How aggressive should I be on the house hunt in Yakima if I'm not completely sure? Any current students deal with similar situations?

I am in the exact same boat... Some students recommended that I put my name on the wait list for the University Apartments because you can remove your name without a commitment. They just ask that you fill out an application to be placed on the list!

So...never leave yourself logged in to SDN on a public computer. Lessons learned.

Last edited:
I am in the exact same boat... Some students recommended that I put my name on the wait list for the University Apartments because you can remove your name without a commitment. They just ask that you fill out an application to be placed on the list!

Awesome thanks for the help!

II!!! On committee since October
There seems to be a great deal of variance in time between Committee Status and II. I saw someone way earlier on this thread who had that time being within a week.

Is anyone interviewing in Jan? I have to stay the weekend due to the flight schedule, and I want to explore the town a bit. Is it absolutely necessary to rent a car? Or is the bus system pretty decent?

Anyone with tips one renting a car near Sea/Tac airport?

I'm under 25, I'm 24.

And how can I drop off the rental car @4pm when I interview doesn't end until around 4:30pm plus the ride back to Sea/Tac airport.

Edit: NVM, I figured it out. Created a USAA account and booked a car rental from the website.

Last edited:
Is anyone interviewing in Jan? I have to stay the weekend due to the flight schedule, and I want to explore the town a bit. Is it absolutely necessary to rent a car? Or is the bus system pretty decent?

I will be interviewing in January. I am not renting a car. I was thinking of booking a room in Oxford Suites and take their shuttle.

I will be interviewing in January. I am not renting a car. I was thinking of booking a room in Oxford Suites and take their shuttle.
I flew into Yakima and stayed at the Oxford suites. The room was really nice and the shuttle service was great. They even took me to the school and back. Dinner and breakfast were also included in the cost of the room, which wasn't too expensive.

@hrbird @Benignity I'm also thinking of staying in the Oxford, or the Red Lion. Maybe we can get together and do some Yakima exploring. Wont be able to leave Yakima until Sunday because of the flight schedule.

Protip for those choosing hotels, do NOT stay at the Quality Inn near the Yakima Airport. Not only is it like the farthest place to stay from the school as possible, it can get noisy as partiers and truckers will hang out in the parking lot and make a ton of noise all night. It's basically a two story motel.

If you're like me and value your sleep the night before interview day, do not choose this place.

Last edited:
@hrbird @Benignity I'm also thinking of staying in the Oxford, or the Red Lion. Maybe we can get together and do some Yakima exploring. Wont be able to leave Yakima until Sunday because of the flight schedule.

Did you already book a room? I tried to look for shuttle services on the Oxford Suites website but could not find anything.

Hey quick question, I've been on "committee" since the 22nd of December and no II yet, I assume that's normal but i'm sort of worried about my stats. Do you guys think I have a shot? I have a 3.71sgpa but a low mcat (496 embarrassing I know), decent EC's and good LOR's. I also speak spanish and have lived outside the US in central america for 22 months. I don't however live in the catchment area but I do live near the Idaho boarder in Utah in a small, rural community. So any chance? or is my MCAT score overwhelmingly influential?

Did you already book a room? I tried to look for shuttle services on the Oxford Suites website but could not find anything.
Not yet, I think I'm going to book tomorrow. I haven't booked flight yet either, it's so expensive!

Hey quick question, I've been on "committee" since the 22nd of December and no II yet, I assume that's normal but i'm sort of worried about my stats. Do you guys think I have a shot? I have a 3.71sgpa but a low mcat (496 embarrassing I know), decent EC's and good LOR's. I also speak spanish and have lived outside the US in central america for 22 months. I don't however live in the catchment area but I do live near the Idaho boarder in Utah in a small, rural community. So any chance? or is my MCAT score overwhelmingly influential?
Some have been in Committee status for months.

Not yet, I think I'm going to book tomorrow. I haven't booked flight yet either, it's so expensive!

I KNOW! I booked my flight but I want to call and make sure I get the corporate discount for PNWU. Did you get the discount when you booked?

My status online now says "interview/12/30/2015". Does this mean I should expect a call or email from them soon about an interview?! I was complete on 9/10/15. Please advise!!!

My status online now says "interview/12/30/2015". Does this mean I should expect a call or email from them soon about an interview?! I was complete on 9/10/15. Please advise!!!

Yes they will probably email you some time next week to schedule an interview. Congrats :)

I KNOW! I booked my flight but I want to call and make sure I get the corporate discount for PNWU. Did you get the discount when you booked?
You have to actually call them and ask for the discount. There is not an online option. When you call, also let them know you would like a shuttle from the airport. They will tell you to call back the day before you fly in so they can put you on their schedule for the next day. When you get there, they schedule the shuttle to take you to the interview. I got the impression that taking students to the interview is something they regularly do. In fact, there were 2 other interviewees on my flight with me and we all rode in the shuttle together to the hotel and to the interview the next day. They are very welcoming and almost seem excited to be taking you to your interview. Lol

can anyone give some insight on how the interview is at PNWU as well as some advice on how to prepare thank you!!

can anyone give some insight on how the interview is at PNWU as well as some advice on how to prepare thank you!!

There are a few posts on this thread around October/November with insight about interview day. Also, you could check previous PNWU threads around that time as well.

Had an interview scheduled in Feb but got an opportunity to move it up to Jan!!! I will be in the area 11/22-11/24. If anyone wants to meet up let me know! I also have friends in the area and first year students happy to answer questions.

How long does it take for the adcom to confirm your II date? I'm still waiting for the confirmation and schedule.

Had an interview scheduled in Feb but got an opportunity to move it up to Jan!!! I will be in the area 11/22-11/24. If anyone wants to meet up let me know! I also have friends in the area and first year students happy to answer questions.
Do you mean you'll be in town 1/22-1/24? If so, I'd like to meet up! I would love to ask your friend some questions. Ill be there for that interview date as well. :)

I was able to get my interview moved up today from March to Feb. Hopefully there will still be plenty of seats left!

Portal changed to Interview! Since I haven't received an email about it yet, does anyone have the dates for the remaining interview days this cycle?

Reactions: 1 users
Portal changed to Interview! Since I haven't received an email about it yet, does anyone have the dates for the remaining interview days this cycle?
Congrats! Which dates were you complete and under committee review?

Last edited: