Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Day 2 Lynch Tally
WZ () -
Dy () -
SOV (2) - LoTF, Finn
MQ (3) - ally, dy, Deva
Finn (4) - MJ, Jil, genny, hayley
LoTF (5) - SOV, STL, guis, Kam, Promo
Promo (1) - PBC
ally (1) - MQ
guis (1) - LIS
MJ (1) - kcough

19/22 accounted for, deadline ~15 minutes.

Sorry I haven't been able to make my usual passionate defense. I've been at the park with kids. Hubby is in the grocery store buying stuff to make pickles and I'm making sure I can make cheese tomorrow.

I am a villager. Several people have already commented that my play reads villager. The person who sounded most out to get me sounds a bit off. I assumed most people would go for the sketchy player.:shrug:

I can role reveal to one of my PM partners. I got a Hmoo and Finn. It's not exciting, and should pretty obviously show me as a villager. It isn't even slightly sketchy sounding and pretty darn vanilla.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't initially like the LoTF lynch because my D1 read on her was villager - she was actually playing and contributing. I didn't agree with her comments on SOV, but they still struck me as genuine.

But the longer she doesn't mount at least a little defense.... she's starting to look better and better as wolf.

Sorry I haven't been able to make my usual passionate defense. I've been at the park with kids. Hubby is in the grocery store buying stuff to make pickles and I'm making sure I can make cheese tomorrow.

I am a villager. Several people have already commented that my play reads villager. The person who sounded most out to get me sounds a bit off. I assumed most people would go for the sketchy player.:shrug:

I can role reveal to one of my PM partners. I got a Hmoo and Finn. It's not exciting, and should pretty obviously show me as a villager. It isn't even slightly sketchy sounding and pretty darn vanilla.

I'd rather hear more about who you think looks sketchy and why than hear about some role reveal claim.

I don't know that Finn has much of an incentive to vouch for you even if you both are villagers, since I'm guessing she's the one to go if votes switch off you. And I don't know if Hmoo is around. So if you're vanillaish and benign, you might want to defend in-thread, time is of the essence.

Hmoo is dead. Who is the other who didn't open a new chat with me?

I'm the pig. Plain Jane pig.
Maybe strap a saddle on me, but please don't turn me into pork chops!

Lady not remembering Hmoo was dead actually does read village to me though.

Unlynch Lotf

She revealed her role to me and it sounds innocent enough assuming it's the truth. So I'll let you guys make of that what you will. I'm not going to withhold information just because I want to live. I don't think that benefits the village.

Lynch Finn in case last night means both die in a tie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unlynch Finn because I think it's a tie again and I'd rather avoid that.

Final Day 2 Lynch Tally
WZ () -
Dy () -
SOV (1) - LotF
MQ (3) - ally, dy, Deva
Finn (4) - MJ, Jil, genny, hayley
LoTF (5) - SOV, STL, guis, Promo, Finn
Promo (1) - PBC
ally (1) - MQ
guis (1) - LIS
MJ (1) - kcough

17/22 votes.

@Crayola227 and @SummerTheLynx, this is your first warning. Asking for two good posts a day is not unreasonable.

Double check the numbers please. Phones suck.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't do drugs. I am drugs.

It was hot, and the man was miserable. The dawn had turned to day much more quickly than he expected, and with daylight came the oppressive, blistering sunlight of the desert. It wasn't long before he had totally lost the distant glimmer that he had expected to follow, and instead found himself wandering aimlessly among the sand and shimmering heat waves.

He noticed a tall, sandy hill nearby, and figured that would be as good of a spot as any to survey the land. The earth slipped and slid under his feet as he slowly made his way to the top, and as he reached the crest of the incline he felt a terrifyingly final shift in the ground below him.

The sand caved into a sizeable hole, and as the world went sideways he reflexively leapt and scrabbled for the quickly disappearing edge. It was no good, though, and he found himself falling into the dark.

Ouch.

His ankle throbbed, and the dull blue lights from his computer tower let him see that it was already beginning to swell.

It is now Night 2. Night will close at 7AM EST. Please get actions in tonight.

- - - - ----------------------
BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -

OVERWORLD
1. @allyphoe
3. @dyachei
4. @LetItSnow
5. @SummerTheLynx
6. @Jilary
7. @heyyimhayley
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
9. @kcoughli
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @guisantes
12. @morninqlory
13. @DVMDream
14. @nyanko
15. @genny
16. @Kam325
17. @WildZoo
18. @Mad Jack
19. @Crayola227
21. @LadyOtheFarm
22. @finnickthedog
23. @Promethean
24. @Devastating
25. @StartingoverVet

NPC: @Ceke2002

THE NETHER

THE END
20. @hazelmoo - Enderman
2. @Zensing - Mooshroom

Hey, remember when I got shushed for saying that the Dali/Dada aspect of the game might mean that lynches don't work the way we think they do? That there might be bizarre mechanics at play?

Reactions: 4 users
So Dali painting with melting clocks, perhaps time works differently and whoever we lynch dies later??

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

Maybe. Maybe it is weirder than that. In the write up, a man is walking through a landscape, injures himself... and the player of the game (that the man is presumably a character in) notices that his ankle is injured IRL.

Things aren't quite what they seem and we shouldn't take for granted that we can expect everything to play out the way that we are used to.

Hey, remember when I got shushed for saying that the Dali/Dada aspect of the game might mean that lynches don't work the way we think they do? That there might be bizarre mechanics at play?

If you were sushed it wasn't for the concept, it was because your suggestions for how the concept would be put into practice were kind of out there.

Why is 'shushed' not a real word in my computer? It's a real word, right? I'm not crazy.

Dali was out there. Trilt is mad creative and not afraid to riff on a theme rather than painting by numbers.

I didn't explain myself well enough. Like I said, I wasn't married to that one guess. The point is that we may have a lot more to figure out about the world we find ourselves in than just who the wolves are.

I don't have a cool ability other than being a slippery little piggy.:) I'm sure I'll just get made into bacon later.:scared:

I am a villager, I'll die a villager, and I'm sure the wolves will make sure of it for you. :unsure:And my slipperyness will allow SOV to become just a footnote, so when he doesn't die, nobody will think anything of it, until he lives until end game and somebody goes... wait, wasn't SOV acting weird early game? How come nobody pointed that out? And I will sigh so loud my husband will be sure it means no getting lucky... Do you guys really want to be responsible for that?:(

Reactions: 3 users
Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as throughprocrastination, stubbornness, sullen behavior, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.
Already read it. Even commented on it. Are you going to say more or just be passive aggressive?
So, you are saying by not repeating why I think he is sketchy every time you ask, I am being passive aggressive? I was thinking the same of you being too lazy to read and find meaning in my posts, but I will try again, just for you.

Give me an hour or so. I'm on my phone only out here in the boonies and have kids and a hubby and a farm that all think they are more important than WW. They are only sometimes right.:love:

Hey man, my "Promo pls" wasn't saying it's impossible for weird **** to be going on, it was making fun of that particular suggestion :p

Yeah, weirdness going on in the story, but if lotf had a lynch avoidance, nothing all that weird about this lynch.

Reactions: 1 users
Little pig, little pig, let me in!
"Not by the hairs on my chinny chin chin!"

Pigs and wolves have a well known adversarial relationship. And pigs are delicious!

That might explain a night death evasion, but lynch?

That might explain a night death evasion, but lynch?

Nah, I meant why she didn't want to announce that she was a pig. Not that role reveals are strong defenses, as we've seen.

I missed that you were referencing the greased pig angle. I would think that it would still be addressed in the write up.

I'm tired and goofy. Pay me no mind.

Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as throughprocrastination, stubbornness, sullen behavior, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

So, you are saying by not repeating why I think he is sketchy every time you ask, I am being passive aggressive? I was thinking the same of you being too lazy to read and find meaning in my posts, but I will try again, just for you.

Give me an hour or so. I'm on my phone only out here in the boonies and have kids and a hubby and a farm that all think they are more important than WW. They are only sometimes right.:love:

No, I am not saying that. I asked for more info on who you think is sketchy. I was looking for more than SOV. Are you saying the only person you think is sketchy is SOV? If so, then that's not really much of a defense.

Role names mean squat so far in this game, but you and Finn both went to role names as a villager claim. That's weak. I wanted to give you a chance, because I liked your early-game play, but when you went radio silent as lynch votes mounted, that makes you look REALLY wolfy. I asked you to say more so I could weigh how you said it, before I just went ahead and jumped to a lynch vote on you.

Instead, I got what to me sounds like a passive-aggressive "I already said what I had to say about SOV *shrug*." That shrug is practically the definition of passive-aggressive.

If that's all you got, you moved from villager to wolf in my book. I was helping you out by trying to draw you out, but instead you just got defensive and clammy.

Nah, I meant why she didn't want to announce that she was a pig. Not that role reveals are strong defenses, as we've seen.

I missed that you were referencing the greased pig angle. I would think that it would still be addressed in the write up.

I'm tired and goofy. Pay me no mind.

Nowhere did I ask her to role reveal. In fact, I specifically asked for other information.

Yeah, but if she's actually village, it still makes sense to defend, not just go radio silent because of knowing she can't be lynched. She moved from village to strong wolf with that....

This is how I'm reading her: either she's a wolf with kill conditions that will take a while to meet (we have to kill all other wolves first, try to kill her 3x,whatever), or she's village. She wasn't terribly worried about being lynched, even though she (presumably) knew it would reveal her ability to us. A wolf with only one evasion would try to save it for later game and wouldn't be so nonchalant about it being used day 2.