Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you figure that I went to my role name as a villager claim?

You didn't. You went to LoTF's role name for her villager claim. I can go back and find the post if you want.....

Members don't see this ad.

You didn't. You went to LoTF's role name for her villager claim. I can go back and find the post if you want.....

Oh, nah, that's not necessary. I remember the post. I just misread yours.

I wasn't really intending to use her role to claim she was villager though. I said it sounded innocent enough, which is true, but I never put too much stock in role names so I was leaving that up to other people to decide whether they felt it was relevant. Role name was all she gave me and I just didn't want to be accused of not saying anything after she PM'd me--wouldn't have bothered at all if I knew she was going to put in on the thread anyways.

Holy hell, SOV, lay off the shrooms, you've gone insane. I mean it is your typical insanity so no surprise there but it also isn't helpful.

I'll explain the nether in just a hot second

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I am not saying that. I asked for more info on who you think is sketchy. I was looking for more than SOV. Are you saying the only person you think is sketchy is SOV? If so, then that's not really much of a defense.

Role names mean squat so far in this game, but you and Finn both went to role names as a villager claim. That's weak. I wanted to give you a chance, because I liked your early-game play, but when you went radio silent as lynch votes mounted, that makes you look REALLY wolfy. I asked you to say more so I could weigh how you said it, before I just went ahead and jumped to a lynch vote on you.

Instead, I got what to me sounds like a passive-aggressive "I already said what I had to say about SOV *shrug*." That shrug is practically the definition of passive-aggressive.

If that's all you got, you moved from villager to wolf in my book. I was helping you out by trying to draw you out, but instead you just got defensive and clammy.
Ok, good, because that was gonna take FOREVER! [Insert sigh of relief] I did misunderstand you. Sorry.:oops:

I don't have much else as it is only day 2. :shrug:

I don't know who tried to scare the snot out of me last night, and saw no response to my announcement that led any direction.

I did not like Finn's reaction to the lynch and if he role revealed, I missed it, so I think I need to read back over.

SOV kept coming out with so much flash, it was most of what I saw today. I plan on rereading and seeing if any of the responses stick out more to me, but not yet.

Was that more what you were looking for?:nod:

This is how I'm reading her: either she's a wolf with kill conditions that will take a while to meet (we have to kill all other wolves first, try to kill her 3x,whatever), or she's village. She wasn't terribly worried about being lynched, even though she (presumably) knew it would reveal her ability to us. A wolf with only one evasion would try to save it for later game and wouldn't be so nonchalant about it being used day 2.

I'm a villager who has a very simple lynch avoidance. It won't take much for you to meet it. I would not waste time on it, and was really hoping it wouldn't come to me even needing to show it off today. I don't want people to focus on it, because the wolves can kill me easy and all this ability does is slow down the villagers. (And help keep a villager number in the game if I am accidentally lynched)

Unfortunately, I didn't realize you guys were going to tip things my way until within the last hour. :lame: I would have come up with something to steer you away given more time. I just didn't have it.:shrug:

I need a code word for villager with Lynch avoidance. Don't lynch. Waste of time. [Insert confused yet hopeful, actually looking for help face]

I was told that I was grabbed and someone pulled me through a nether portal. I could not talk on thread, PM, vote or perform any daytime ability, if I had one. Basically I was effectively removed from the game for the time I was in the nether.

Reactions: 1 user
How are nether creatures created in Minecraft?

Like, I know there are nether pigs, because I read up on my character and all the links (so kill me and you get porkchops, kill the mooshroom and you get beef and leather, so I don't get the mushroom soup), but I didn't see if one comes from the other or how they are made.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize you guys were going to tip things my way until within the last hour. :lame: I would have come up with something to steer you away given more time. I just didn't have it.:shrug:

I need a code word for villager with Lynch avoidance. Don't lynch. Waste of time. [Insert confused yet hopeful, actually looking for help face]

No no no no. You don't need a code word for 'don't lynch me.' You need to actually defend and give us something to go with. You didn't do that. You gave a half-hearted defense and waited for pm partners to vouch for you.

Sorry I haven't been able to make my usual passionate defense. I've been at the park with kids. Hubby is in the grocery store buying stuff to make pickles and I'm making sure I can make cheese tomorrow.

I am a villager. Several people have already commented that my play reads villager. The person who sounded most out to get me sounds a bit off. I assumed most people would go for the sketchy player.:shrug:

I can role reveal to one of my PM partners. I got a Hmoo and Finn. It's not exciting, and should pretty obviously show me as a villager. It isn't even slightly sketchy sounding and pretty darn vanilla.

I have a whole bunch on why I think SOV is sketchy... go read it.:shrug:

I'm the pig. Plain Jane pig.
Maybe strap a saddle on me, but please don't turn me into pork chops!

You want a way to let everyone know lynching you is a waste of time? You don't need a code. You need to say it. This helps us nada:

Not quite vanilla, but pretty vanilla.

Contingency Lynch LOTF
I didn't think you were a wolf, but your responses are really making me reconsider.

waited for pm partners to vouch for you.
10 minutes until deadline. I waited 2 minutes and role revealed. I wasn't in the lead until about 30 minutes before deadline. People keep complaining I got quiet, but I wasn't in the lead until late in the day. I "went quiet" for 20 minutes before I was in the lead and 5 minutes during.

People complain that I should have gathered evidence to lead people against others, but I'm on mobile and given less than 30 minutes from when I hit lead and less than 10 from when I'm asked to come up with a more elaborate defense than my role.

If you want more from me, give me more time. :shrug:

I wrote that more than vanillager thing because Finn said I claimed vanillager. I didn't. I told her I was almost vanilla. And I didn't want people to claim I lied when it was shown not true.

You complained about not having a code to tell the village you couldn't be lynched, which means that you wanted to share that information, but felt unable to because . . . time? You didn't want your ability known on the thread? None of that makes sense. You had (by your own count) 30 minutes. That's not nothing. Could you have turned lynch? Maybe not. But you didn't really try. You came on and clarified Finn's comment about your role. If you really wanted to warn the village that you had an avoidance, you could have done it then. But you didn't.

I don't understand your gripe about needing a code. Sure, you probably meant it in jest, but it's not adding up at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, got swamped at work today. Had the thread open on browser on the staff computer for the first few hours, but then gave up once sh** hit the fan. I don't know how people don't go insane working reception their entire lives.

My very very quick reads from skimming I just did:
1. I have never seen SOV this obnoxious. Based on a few comments from some veterans this isn't odd? I am wondering if there was at least a little truth in what he told the wolves through chat though. He kinda reminds me of how DocE was playing a few games ago. I'm starting to have a slight inkling he may actually indeed be chaos?
2. LoTF why didn't you just tell us about lynch avoidance?
3. I honestly believe abilities/names don't matter at all. I've stated that a few times, but I will reiterate. Normally I would lynch a lynch avoidance, but in this case I will refrain.
4. I am honestly inclined to believe LoTF is a villager, and usually I am inclined to find her suspicious. Considering I find her suspicious when she is a villager I'm not sure if that fact alone should make me suspicious. :shrug:
5. If we have another messy lynch I'm going to throw my pixelated form off a cliff.

I'm working a similar day tomorrow, but fingers crossed there won't be as many messy client relations things to deal with. Providing no bs, I'll be on quite a bit more to participate. Sorry about today mods!

1. I have never seen SOV this obnoxious. Based on a few comments from some veterans this isn't odd? I am wondering if there was at least a little truth in what he told the wolves through chat though. He kinda reminds me of how DocE was playing a few games ago. I'm starting to have a slight inkling he may actually indeed be chaos?

oh yeah that guy

Reactions: 2 users
I wrote this whole long thing detailing the day and going through the weird that was SOV, how kcough, I and Finn ended up voting for SOV, Dy and WZ fought for sanity, SOV came out with his crazy story, kcough and Finn jumped off and I stubbornly stayed because he is acting weird so I was his lynch vote and other people decided in the last half hour that that makes logical sense... and it just reads like crazy. And I know you guys can read it yourself.

Hayley mentioned early this morning that a lynch avoidance makes you sound like a wolf. Several people said that role names mean nothing. I had no reason to expect I would need either until almost too late.

SOV and someone else both revealed roles to PM partners and had that be enough, though ally said SOVs role sounded like it matched his crazy story, not that it sounded villager. I had 10 minutes, so I tried that. I got a call for more info and a list of suspicions. I gave up on PM partners after 2 minutes because Moo was dead and Finn hadn't reported and the clock was ticking. So I revealed on thread knowing somebody would give me crap for doing it too late while somebody else gave me crap for doing it at all. (No winning here). I did not give ability out because I was not yet in the lead and was still hoping it would not come to that, especially because I had several people comment that they saw my villager play today.
In the last 3 minutes, votes changed and I had no chance to figure out who to tell my lynch avoidance to before the end. Seriously, would anybody really have backed off? I don't believe it.o_O

I would like to trust a PM partner, but after reading through today, I have nothing to point me toward Finn being a villager, Hmoo is gone and Crayola has yet to message me. Give me a trustworthy PM partner and I will tell them exactly what little is required to lynch me, assuming the wolves don't just flat kill me.

I help add to villager numbers as long as you will keep me around. I will also keep trying to help figure out the game, unlike the silent players. And if the wolves don't kill me and you guys just really want me gone, I'll help you too. I'm worth a little faith.

Sorry guys - my first game was JDH, which was supposed to be super complex, and probably so much so I didn't even catch that it was

A lot more chatter here, you guys know each other, and I don't know Minecraft
I have feeling I'll be doing some Dali research

I don't have intel to add, I'm just trying to make sense of what's going on

LVV5cXW.png

His right ankle throbbed.

Thankfully, he was somewhat of the clumsy type, and as such he kept a latex glove stuffed with ice on his bedside table. School nurse style. He rose to his feet, ungainly as a newborn foal as he struggled to not put any weight on his dominant foot. The glove was across the room, and so he made it easier by simply tossing himself onto the unmade bed and log rolling over to it.

The ice was delightfully cold against the pain, and the partially inflated fingers of the glove made him think of a rooster's comb. He wibbled them to amuse himself. As he waited, the stabbing feeling quickly faded away and only the memory of a dull ache remained.

He noticed the screen of his computer flash abruptly, and a somewhat cryptic message appeared in green text on the black background:

LIS loves IGs more than WW!

How peculiar. But with that, he rolled over and fell asleep for the night. The clock on his wall read 04:13.

- - - - ----------------------
BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -​

When the player arose again, dawn was just beginning to peek over the horizon and the first streaks of golden light were sneaking through the oaken door of his humble room. He had dreamed last night of a lone wolf, collarless for now, pitter-pattering back and forth through the forest with nothing to do with her night. He wondered - was she looking for a friend? Or waiting for a response to her calls? In either case, the dream eventually faded away into another, as they do. He was surprised to hear similar paw steps outside right now, but then they were abruptly cut short by a "wooosh," a short yelp, and nothing.

The theme of the night: How peculiar.

BsesyVf.gif

He eyed the door carefully, making sure nothing untoward could be seen right outside. When he was satisfied, he swung the door open and took off at a sprint... you never know what can be lurking! As he turned to close the door behind him, he caught his still-sore right ankle on a large shape and went tumbling.

"What the hell?!" he exclaimed. It was a pig. Similar in condition to the mooshroom last night, this pig - @LadyOtheFarm - was emaciated and sickly looking. Or well, worse than sickly looking. Her eyes were faded and grey, and she was most definitely dead. He gave her a solid poke with the back end of his pickaxe, and thought that it was sad that she wouldn't make much bacon nowadays. In her prime she must have been quite beloved.

BsesyVf.gif

Elsewhere, a contorted and bizarre sight slowly faded away. If you haven't seen "Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Wakening," be warned that it is nsfw... but intriguing nonetheless.

In this world, the squid devoured the wolf, the wolf devoured the other wolf, and @Mad Jack is dead and gone. May his strange moving pictures be mourned.

It is now Day 3. Lynch will close at 9PM EST.

BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -

OVERWORLD
1. @allyphoe
3. @dyachei
4. @LetItSnow
5. @SummerTheLynx
6. @Jilary
7. @heyyimhayley
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
9. @kcoughli
11. @guisantes
12. @morninqlory
13. @DVMDream
14. @nyanko
15. @genny
16. @Kam325
17. @WildZoo
19. @Crayola227
22. @finnickthedog
23. @Promethean
24. @Devastating
25. @StartingoverVet

NPC: @Ceke2002

THE NETHER
10. @PrincessButterCup

THE END
20. @hazelmoo - Enderman
2. @Zensing - Mooshroom
18. @Mad Jack - Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Wakening
21. @LadyOtheFarm - Pig

Last edited:
No bacon for you! Win one villagers!

I'm sorry for disappearing yesterday, something came up last night and I'm probably going to be occupied with it again today. I will try to check in as often as possible. To get a vote in:

Lynch ally for minor feels but really nothing substantial.

confused.
We have n=2 of villager getting lynched but not dying till next day and saying nothing.
I will assume that this will continue and the mods must be telling them they can't discuss the fact that lynch deaths are delayed.

I will check back at lunchtime.

OT: but calling someone's play style obnoxious is obnoxious. Maybe best to look inward and see if the fault lies not in SOV but in yourself. Attack content not personality.

Reactions: 4 users
Too bad. I was hopeful that maybe her late plea for you to connect was because she knew she had to communicate something quickly.

I'm wondering if she even knew that she would die during the night? Maybe she did think that she had lynch avoidance and so it wasn't urgent to pass on info. Or she didn't have anything good to share?

I'm just thinking about what I would do if I did think that I wouldn't survive the night, which is to disgorge any thing that could possibly help village to anyone that I trusted to receive it.

So, MJ, a Dali role, was wolf? "The wolf devoured the other wolf?"

A lone wolf looking for another...

Strange moving pictures...

I received a gif, apparently from MJ. Could it be that he sent those out in order to seek out the other wolf? (Or maybe he wasn't a wolf yet, but when he sent a gif to the right person he would have connected with them and converted?)

Always more questions than answers

Did anyone else get a gif from him last night, maybe before what ever unfortunate end he met came to him?

I received a gif, apparently from MJ. Could it be that he sent those out in order to seek out the other wolf? (Or maybe he wasn't a wolf yet, but when he sent a gif to the right person he would have connected with them and converted?)

Trilt said dead people are villagers unless she specifies otherwise.

Trilt said dead people are villagers unless she specifies otherwise.

I get that. And I can see that he isn't listed as a wolf. But I'm trying to piece together clues from the write up, and to figure out the purpose/meaning of MJs giffing ability. I think it was one of those "searching for someone" abilities. And I'm curious what might have happened if the someone had been found.

Gotta go grocery shop, and then this afternoon meet the incoming 1st years that I will be mentoring. I'll get a lynch vote in before 5pm, even if I have to do it on mobile. Last minute lynches always seem to turn out for the worst.

I get that. And I can see that he isn't listed as a wolf. But I'm trying to piece together clues from the write up, and to figure out the purpose/meaning of MJs giffing ability. I think it was one of those "searching for someone" abilities. And I'm curious what might have happened if the someone had been found.
perhaps he was given info from the mods that he could share in image form?

My ability got switched out last night with someone else's, mods told me it should be switched back for tomorrow night. From the write-up and confirming with WZ, I'm pretty sure MJ is the person I got switched with. Nothing in the description I got indicates it's a searching role. Just a "send a pic/gif/vid every night" role.

Also since zen didn't seem to know what happened and lotf wasn't surprised to still be alive I'm guessing lotf had a death avoidance and she thought it just worked for lynch as well as night kills, but maybe it wasn't actually the case

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

Ok so it looks like the delayed starvation due to lynch might be accurate, but that begs the question of why did hmoo die?

I think there was an unknown tie d1, and both died. Maybe only some people have a delayed death? The unknown tie could have been the result of someone's ability or there was an item involved. Trilt announced some items could be used right away, so maybe there is an item that makes your vote count twice? I haven't gotten any items, so I'm just speculating.

Also since zen didn't seem to know what happened and lotf wasn't surprised to still be alive I'm guessing lotf had a death avoidance and she thought it just worked for lynch as well as night kills, but maybe it wasn't actually the case

This is what has me baffled.

I will assume that this will continue and the mods must be telling them they can't discuss the fact that lynch deaths are delayed.

I disagree with this because...

Also, LotF made a pretty big deal of her lynch avoidance afterwards, unless it was just to mess with us, I assume she didn't know she was going to die, so Kcough's theory makes sense.

I disagree with this because...

Also, LotF made a pretty big deal of her lynch avoidance afterwards, unless it was just to mess with us, I assume she didn't know she was going to die, so Kcough's theory makes sense.
Did she ever actually say she had lynch avoidance though? Those actual words. Or did she just let us think it. I have to go back and check...I didn't really ready the overnight stuff carefully yet.

Did she ever actually say she had lynch avoidance though? Those actual words. Or did she just let us think it. I have to go back and check...I didn't really ready the overnight stuff carefully yet.
Although the to be honest , it is not going to help us find a wolf today I don't think so it is more of a distraction.

I was told that I was grabbed and someone pulled me through a nether portal. I could not talk on thread, PM, vote or perform any daytime ability, if I had one. Basically I was effectively removed from the game for the time I was in the nether.

Were you also unlynchable, do you know?

Because the only reason I'm not lynching PBC is that she is in the nether and can't defend, and that just seems rude.

I'm a villager who has a very simple lynch avoidance. It won't take much for you to meet it. I would not waste time on it, and was really hoping it wouldn't come to me even needing to show it off today. I don't want people to focus on it, because the wolves can kill me easy and all this ability does is slow down the villagers. (And help keep a villager number in the game if I am accidentally lynched)

She claimed to have a lynch avoidance. I wonder if there's some kind of mechanism to keep you from dying after being lynched, like an ability or an item that she was counting on but didn't come through the way she hoped? And Zen just didn't know about it? I don't know, I'm really confused by the way lynches are working this game. None of it seems normal. Maybe Promo was right about weird Dali mechanisms.

I am pretty sure the wolf devoured the wolf part was just referring to what is going on in the painting, but slightly altered to fit either with WW or with Minecraft. Based on the images he was sending I don't think he was looking for anyone. The conversion when he sent one to the right person is possible but, again, simplest explanation seems to make the most sense. The point is usually just an extra form of communication, and we know Trilt likes communication in her games.

confused.
We have n=2 of villager getting lynched but not dying till next day and saying nothing.

Well I mean, villagers have never been allowed to discuss their death once dead...

I am pretty sure the wolf devoured the wolf part was just referring to what is going on in the painting, but slightly altered to fit either with WW or with Minecraft. Based on the images he was sending I don't think he was looking for anyone. The conversion when he sent one to the right person is possible but, again, simplest explanation seems to make the most sense. The point is usually just an extra form of communication, and we know Trilt likes communication in her games.

There is definitely some confirmation bias at work. I would make strange, byzantine game variants, so I tend to see those possibilities elsewhere. Sometimes, I'm not wrong!