Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From a student that knows a few people on the committee.
Do you have any other information on when the admissions committee meeting or just that one time?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey gang! Does PCOM do 1 round of interviews weekly until the end of March?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I know they did interviews yesterday and they are doing another round on 3/10. Any other dates you all know about so far? Hoping to hear something soon!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they did interviews yesterday and they are doing another round on 3/10. Any other dates you all know about so far? Hoping to hear something soon!!!

I have an II for 3/21 that I received on 2/22.

There were interviews today too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SDN mobile

Ahh good luck whiterice34!!!

Oh ok, so it seems that they may be holding interview sessions more than one day per week. I guess there were a lot of "end of the cycle" applications going in. I submitted my primary late January. Let me know if anyone hears anything..

3/2, 3/3, 3/9, and 3/10 are interview dates (at least, those were the options that were given to me anyway...)

Oh wow, ok so almost everyday in March lol! Good luck next week!! What date did you choose?

Wow. Just had my interview. What an awesome school!!!

5 weeks via mail is too long :(

Anybody know what the letter looks like? Is it like college where regular size = no and jumbo packet = yes? :D

Reactions: 2 users
Wow. Just had my interview. What an awesome school!!!

5 weeks via mail is too long :(

Anybody know what the letter looks like? Is it like college where regular size = no and jumbo packet = yes? :D
It's just a regular sized envelope! Also keep your eye on the online Banner portal where you submitted your secondary, if you get accepted the portal will update with a link to pay the $250 deposit a couple of days before your letter arrives.

If anyone interviewed with Dr. Lannutti I would love to hear about your experience haha the guy is a character. Also, do the students who gave you a tour give feed back on you to the adcom?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone interviewed with Dr. Lannutti I would love to hear about your experience haha the guy is a character. Also, do the students who gave you a tour give feed back on you to the adcom?

I interviewed with him he was a character. He kept it really enjoyable and made it a conversation. He even asked me a question about what three people would I cook for if I could choose anyone and what would I cook them. How was your interview?

It's just a regular sized envelope! Also keep your eye on the online Banner portal where you submitted your secondary, if you get accepted the portal will update with a link to pay the $250 deposit a couple of days before your letter arrives.
When did you notice your portal change before you got you letter? Was it like on a Monday it changed and then you got the letter or Wednesday or something?

When did you notice your portal change before you got you letter? Was it like on a Monday it changed and then you got the letter or Wednesday or something?
Yep exactly, I checked the portal on a Monday and I had my letter on that Wednesday!

Yep exactly, I checked the portal on a Monday and I had my letter on that Wednesday!

When you got accepted, other than the deposit link, what other changes did you see? Did the text above your application summary change in any way?

When you got accepted, other than the deposit link, what other changes did you see? Did the text above your application summary change in any way?
All of the bullets above the summary are gone and there's just one bullet that says "The required tuition deposit of $250 can be submitted online via echeck or credit card by (insert your due date here) and has a "Click here to proceed to payment" hyperlink. You also come back to this page to pay the second deposit ($1500)

Just got an email about the accepted students brunch - makes me so excited!!

Reactions: 3 users

Last edited:
I want to meet him!! Please send good vibes my way for an II!!

Yes! AHAHHA! He slightly played my life in the beginning...but then he was super nice...And he seemed so interested in everything I had to say!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm so happy I wasn't the only one getting messed with! haha my brother went to PCOM and he started a question off with " Make sure you don't mess this question up.. That would really disappoint your brother" I was a deer in headlights for a second then realized it was a joke.

Wait stop.. I love this guy! Does everyone get paired up with the same 2 docs or are there a bunch of them?

I believe there multiple different docs that do it so it just depends

I really hope not! I hear it's "first come-first serve" with the invites. I sent my primary in late January so hoping I will get an invite by next week. Any other late birds on here that sent in their primary in late January? Anyone get an invite yet?

I heard admissions was interviewing till end of March & possibly 1st week of April since interviews started late this cycle.

I really hope not! I hear it's "first come-first serve" with the invites. I sent my primary in late January so hoping I will get an invite by next week. Any other late birds on here that sent in their primary in late January? Anyone get an invite yet?

Late Bird checking in. Secondary in on 1/19, last LOR confirmed received on 1/26. No word yet.

Just got letter in the mail today got accepted. Interviewed 2/10.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi fellow late bird!! Fingers crossed we hear soon!!!

Delayed decision :(

Aww no worries benzyne! I think delayed decision favors more towards acceptance. Since the class is getting close to full, they are being more selective with the last few seats and are probably just waiting until after all interviews are conducted before making solid decisions. Keep the faith, it's not over yet!

Thank you for the response. I don't know what happened overnight...but today it said VERIFIED and they calculated my GPA and everything. I did hear that PCOM receives a ton of applications. This is so stressful!!!! I really want to go to PCOM-GA because I live 15 minutes away from it.

I just wanted to let people know that I feel like PCOM was a bit unfair with me. I understand that I applied late but definitely before the deadline. I contacted PCOM several times before March 1st (supplemental deadline). They got so annoyed with and gave me Aise Cannon's email. I emailed her before March 1st too. She replied to my email on March 3rd saying "oh that's weird you didn't get a supplemental, but unfortunately the supplemental deadline is over". I was speechless. Again, I'm not complaining. I'm just still in shock that it's ok for schools to accept applications up until the deadline only to not look at it. I'm not wealthy enough to just throw away money like that :( my parents work so hard for me and I had to tell them PCOM didn't even look at my application. :( Anyways good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!

I just wanted to let people know that I feel like PCOM was a bit unfair with me. I understand that I applied late but definitely before the deadline. I contacted PCOM several times before March 1st (supplemental deadline). They got so annoyed with and gave me Aise Cannon's email. I emailed her before March 1st too. She replied to my email on March 3rd saying "oh that's weird you didn't get a supplemental, but unfortunately the supplemental deadline is over". I was speechless. Again, I'm not complaining. I'm just still in shock that it's ok for schools to accept applications up until the deadline only to not look at it. I'm not wealthy enough to just throw away money like that :( my parents work so hard for me and I had to tell them PCOM didn't even look at my application. :( Anyways good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!

Did you pay a secondary fee? If so, I'd request a refund if they won't review your app. The primary is a different story, but that's also a lot less for each school.

That said, the deadlines for these apps are totally misleading anyways. Better they say "no, we won't review it" then take your secondary fee and never respond. I (and many others) have been complete here for months without any update or communication whatsoever. A fatiguing process... Sorry they won't review your app, but at this point it's probably better they didn't accept your money since there's an incredibly large pile of applicants ahead of yours and you'd need something insane to somehow jump the pack.

Delayed decision :(

+1.

Does anyone know if PCOM is receptive to letters of intent? I put down a deposit at another school a while ago but would rather go to PCOM. I didn't bring this up in my interview (I have no idea why). Thanks :)

Trying to withdraw my acceptance, anyone know how to go about doing that? I don't see anything on the portal.

Thanks and good luck everyone :) PCOM is awesome!

Trying to withdraw my acceptance, anyone know how to go about doing that? I don't see anything on the portal.

Thanks and good luck everyone :) PCOM is awesome!

You have to email the admissions office I believe.

Good luck with wherever you decide to go!

I was curious if anyone else that was accepted didn't have their portal change for a little after they received the letter? I got my letter March 4th and my portal hasn't changed yet.

To answer your question about the tour -- not typically.

Anyone know when the last committee meeting was? Also when the next one is supposed to be?

You have to email the admissions office I believe.

Good luck with wherever you decide to go!

I always come into this thread stressed about my pending decision for PCOM. Then I see your avatar picture and it's instant chuckles.

:joyful:

I heard they are meeting this upcoming week.

Probably a dumb question, but do you have any idea how long after the committee meets we can expect to hear about our decision? I just interviewed on the 1st and I'm just mentally preparing myself not to hear back about this until maybe the 2nd week of April. Does the fact that the committee may be meeting this week mean I may hear back sooner?

(Super nervous to hear back from PCOM, as you can tell. )

Probably a dumb question, but do you have any idea how long after the committee meets we can expect to hear about our decision? I just interviewed on the 1st and I'm just mentally preparing myself not to hear back about this until maybe the 2nd week of April. Does the fact that the committee may be meeting this week mean I may hear back sooner?

From my understanding - they meet on a Tuesdays & send out letters on a Friday. I interviewed on a Thursday and heard back a week and half after that on a Tuesday. So if you interviewed this upcoming Thursday for example, they would meet next Tuesday, mail out letters next Friday & you would hear back the following Tuesday/Wednesday.

Hearing back depends relatively on when they meet. If you interviewed right before they meet you hear back sooner but if you interviewed 2 weeks prior to them meeting, you hear back much later. Hopefully this explanation makes sense lol - but this is my understanding of how it works from my own interview and others i know who interviewed.

But if you interviewed on March 1st - i think you should hear back the week of March 21st hopefully.