pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImSoStreesedOut

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the pittsburgh essay, do you think it is risky to talk about a dilemma regarding a pregnant friend and an abortion? Do you think people may be too sensitive about that?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that if its something you truely overcome then its the perfect example. If you think overall what you learned from the experience will effect you as a doctor then you should definatly talk about it

agreed. it was probably the toughest essay topic out there. the main thing is to show that you are sensitive and thoughtful about ethical issues, and as mentioned, that you learned from it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Having quite a bit of experience reading responses to a similar question, I can tell you that such an topic may be is a little too sensitive for a supplemental application (dozens may read this essay and it could wind up in your student file if you matriculate there).

Your instincts are right...If you have to ask, it's too sensitive. Do you have any other, less polarizing topic that you could use?

for the pittsburgh essay, do you think it is risky to talk about a dilemma regarding a pregnant friend and an abortion? Do you think people may be too sensitive about that?

its the friend's dilemma, not yours?
unless im missing something here?

just be honest... though i wouldnt tread down risky waters if i were you.