2021-2022 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone called recently? I did about 2-3 weeks ago, but I’m wondering if anyone has heard anything more recently
+1 if nothing has changed I feel like we can assume it’s a wrap

Members don't see this ad.

Okay I bit the bullet and called. Same message of being at class size. They said spots may open up if people withdrawal, at which time they will revisit the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems a real unlucky year, have never seen it like this in past few years prior

I tried to get info about exact numbers and the person I talked to either didn’t know or wouldn’t tell me lol. Just reiterated that they will be revisiting waitlist if there are seats that open.

Reactions: 1 user
Did they disclose numbers? At size could be 150 exactly or 170.
I dont think it matters much at this point. It appears that, unlike most years, of those accepted, almost all accepted the offer from Pitt Med. It appears this is a weird year where we can expect near-zero WL movement. If this was the only school that you were holding out for, start working on a contingency plan. I'm sorry I wont get to meet a majority of you, but I'm grateful for the honor of intervieweing at such a prestigious institution. If anyone does end up getting accepted off the waitlist, it may not happen until late June or later. You have my best wishes and I know all of you (even if you dont attend PittMed) will become wonderful physicians!

Hey everyone, I was recently taken off the waitlist a few days back. In terms of how much waitlist movement has happened, I am the only person who has been added to the groupme in the past week. Before that, I think on like May 27th or something 3 people were added. Of course, it is likely that others have come off the waitlist but haven't joined the groupme but it probably isn't more than 4 or 5 people total. I hope it works out for everyone here. I'm not sure why WL movement at Pitt has been abysmal this year.
CONGRATS! Did you have an A prior or only waitlists? Why does the admission team keep saying they’re at class size and not pulling from WL 🤨 maybe they’re unable to see the actual details. Happy to see some movement and hope to be in your shoes soon :D

For me I’m still looking for that 6/11-6/27 zone. It’s still not over yet, technically. (Sounds goofy but it’s true)

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Will give someone my left leg if they can call admissions and get a clear answer

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The only person in this thread recently accepted off the wl said it was their first A and the other person I know not on sdn accepted off the wl also had no other acceptances. Pitt might only be looking at people who haven't PTE'd anywhere to avoid having to compete with other schools

• Wow
The only person in this thread recently accepted off the wl said it was their first A and the other person I know not on sdn accepted off the wl also had no other acceptances. Pitt might only be looking at people who haven't PTE'd anywhere to avoid having to compete with other schools
I really hope this isn’t true being that and AMCAS rules this year made us PTE on May 1