palmtree137
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 if nothing has changed I feel like we can assume it’s a wrapHas anyone called recently? I did about 2-3 weeks ago, but I’m wondering if anyone has heard anything more recently
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 if nothing has changed I feel like we can assume it’s a wrapHas anyone called recently? I did about 2-3 weeks ago, but I’m wondering if anyone has heard anything more recently
They did not, but to be fair I did not ask.Did they disclose numbers? At size could be 150 exactly or 170.
I dont think it matters much at this point. It appears that, unlike most years, of those accepted, almost all accepted the offer from Pitt Med. It appears this is a weird year where we can expect near-zero WL movement. If this was the only school that you were holding out for, start working on a contingency plan. I'm sorry I wont get to meet a majority of you, but I'm grateful for the honor of intervieweing at such a prestigious institution. If anyone does end up getting accepted off the waitlist, it may not happen until late June or later. You have my best wishes and I know all of you (even if you dont attend PittMed) will become wonderful physicians!Did they disclose numbers? At size could be 150 exactly or 170.
CONGRATS! Did you have an A prior or only waitlists? Why does the admission team keep saying they’re at class size and not pulling from WL 🤨 maybe they’re unable to see the actual details. Happy to see some movement and hope to be in your shoes soon 😀Hey everyone, I was recently taken off the waitlist a few days back. In terms of how much waitlist movement has happened, I am the only person who has been added to the groupme in the past week. Before that, I think on like May 27th or something 3 people were added. Of course, it is likely that others have come off the waitlist but haven't joined the groupme but it probably isn't more than 4 or 5 people total. I hope it works out for everyone here. I'm not sure why WL movement at Pitt has been abysmal this year.
That is amazing, congratulations!!! Reassuring that it wasn’t a truly zero year for WL. Were you a PSTP or regular MD??I was about to send in my app for next cycle, so I am lucky to say the least.
Regular MDThat is amazing, congratulations!!! Reassuring that it wasn’t a truly zero year for WL. Were you a PSTP or regular MD??
Why those dates specifically? I was thinking maybe after CTE date on 7/15 there could be another "batch".For me I’m still looking for that 6/11-6/27 zone. It’s still not over yet, technically. (Sounds goofy but it’s true)
I’ll throw in my right leg ^Will give someone my left leg if they can call admissions and get a clear answer
I’m about 4 seconds away from walking into the admissions office and askingWill give someone my left leg if they can call admissions and get a clear answer
I really hope this isn’t true being that and AMCAS rules this year made us PTE on May 1The only person in this thread recently accepted off the wl said it was their first A and the other person I know not on sdn accepted off the wl also had no other acceptances. Pitt might only be looking at people who haven't PTE'd anywhere to avoid having to compete with other schools
You would be the hero of the Pitt waitlist if you did!I’m about 4 seconds away from walking into the admissions office and asking
What time?system maintenance tomorrow morning 👀
Meeeee, holding onto my 4 WLs no As 🥲 Edit: 3 WL and 1 A yippee, but not from Pitt......yet???Is anyone still holding out on the waitlist?
+1, good luck all!Just withdrew from the waitlist! Best of luck to everyone.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.