2021-2022 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea I'm lost too. Can someone explain??
since the last few yrs the first wave of WL movement came like ~1mo after initial decision and historically on friday, ppl were thinking it could be this wk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 3 users
I see, thank you. So it seems like it's either today or next week

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kinda just holding out WL movement hope for that golden first few days of May after PTE has to be narrowed to one school and other acceptances held by an applicant have to be withdrawn. I think that will be WL movement heaven and I'm putting that expectation in my head for here and all other schools, lol

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
System will be down for maintenence on Wednesday morning. Anyone remember if there was any correlation between maintenence messages and portal changes?

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure the portal was only down for like an hour around 9am. Y’all are good, don’t let this be the thing stressing you out today!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
anyone see any portal changes? the portal went down for me during that scheduled maintenance but it looks the same

I believe the portal maintenance happened the day before decisions rather than the day of last time
edit: double checked and last time portal went down on a Wednesday morning then decisions were released Friday

Reactions: 5 users
Any chance that the portal change is somehow linked to PSTP decision result? Even through they previously communicated a release date that's not this week, I can't help hoping that it will be this Friday ahhh. There seems to be an extra empty line below "PSTP application status" as compared to "Medical admissions application status", but I don't remember if that extra empty line has always been there or not.

(pics for comparison):
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 4.36.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 4.36.27 PM.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance that the portal change is somehow linked to PSTP decision result? Even through they previously communicated a release date that's not this week, I can't help hoping that it will be this Friday ahhh. There seems to be an extra empty line below "PSTP application status" as compared to "Medical admissions application status", but I don't remember if that extra empty line has always been there or not.

(pics for comparison):
View attachment 351540
View attachment 351541
Definitely possible. I don't know that the portal change is related to WL movement. In the last 5+ years, there was no mention of the portal change signifying the first WL decisions were coming. Over the last 5+ years (except last year's COVID cycle, which was released on March 25th), the first WL batch was always sent at the end of February and no later than March 5th.

Pitt on average has 2-3 WL batches with past years going as high as 4 and as low as 1 (last year).

As others mentioned Pitt over-enrolled last year so they could just be waiting on more data before deciding how large their WL movement will be for this year. It could also just be that they are running behind and they will release them this week, but that would definitely be an anomaly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Definitely possible. I don't know that the portal change is related to WL movement. In the last 5+ years, there was no mention of the portal change signifying the first WL decisions were coming. Over the last 5+ years (except last year's COVID cycle, which was released on March 25th), the first WL batch was always sent at the end of February and no later than March 5th.

Pitt on average has 2-3 WL batches with past years going as high as 4 and as low as 1 (last year).

As others mentioned Pitt over-enrolled last year so they could just be waiting on more data before deciding how large their WL movement will be for this year. It could also just be that they are running behind and they will release them this week, but that would definitely be an anomaly.
Along with this, the majority of WL movement doesn't seem to happen until after the April 30th CTE/narrowing and withdrawing day. Some might happen before then, but I don't think it'd be too much/something worth worrying about constantly.

This is obviously excluding PSTP stuff which very well could be happening at a different time than they said (since they seem to do that a lot anyways)

Admissions portal not loading for anyone else? (Disclaimer: I’m currently out of the country coming back from vacation so could be for that reason)

Well looks like there is no waitlist movement today.

• Sad
Sitting on 4 WLs now, just sent LOIntent to Pitt :) hoping they will please see my desire! Serious advice here...Do you think it may be beneficial to have a resident at the pitt affiliated hospital to write me a letter of support? I don't know if this would seem weird of a favor to ask or if the school would think this may be too much...

• Care
I have a bad feeling for this year's WL movement, wont lie homies. This year's GroupMe is at an incredibly high ~200 members compared to previous years which hovered around ~150. We might have to push our hope to CTE.

• Sad
I have a bad feeling for this year's WL movement, wont lie homies. This year's GroupMe is at an incredibly high ~200 members compared to previous years which hovered around ~150. We might have to push our hope to CTE.
Agree. I think CTE and financial aid may deter some people who are on the fence. Friendly reminder to anyone not planning on going to Pitt to open their seat up for one of us🥲

Not to stress y’all, but Pitts CTE is very late, July 15th
Doesn’t amcas only allow holding of seats after certain dates? Like 3 schools after April 15th and only one after April 30th or something like that.

Pitt overenrolled last year, and it’s very unlikely that a school will make that mistake two years in a row. I feel like trying to analyze groupme/Facebook group fluctuations (especially this early on) will only drive everyone more crazy than we already are!

I had one of my friends call the admissions office and they said they they are looking through and reviewing the waitlist now whatever that means 😭 so hopefully there will be movement soon

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I had one of my friends call the admissions office and they said they they are looking through and reviewing the waitlist now whatever that means 😭 so hopefully there will be movement soon
Thank your friend for doing god’s work 🙏🏻

• Love
I would like to say that I'd be thrilled if I was wrong, I guess the last cycle has turned me into a pessimist 😂

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
PSTP WL (which is a double whammy considering I already was WL by pittmed)

• Care
Congrats!! Great sign that they are having some movement.

Has anyone else heard anything? I know they usually add off the WL in waves, but this is the first I'm hearing about any movement which is weird for Pitt.
accepted off the waitlist yesterday!
I immediately ate my pessimistic words about this and I love it! Congrats!

Also accepted off WL Monday while waiting for PSTP decision!

Last year there was a single batch of WL movement that happened around March 25th. It’s now uncertain whether this school will have anymore WL movement. Here’s to hoping for more after CTE

Last year there was a single batch of WL movement that happened around March 25th. It’s now uncertain whether this school will have anymore WL movement. Here’s to hoping for more after CTE
Optimistically, I'm thinking this really wasn't a wave of WL acceptances typical of Pitt. Based on very little SDN activity and not hearing anything about movement from people with connections to the school, this may have been a PSTP-related batch given that both of the people that posted their A are waiting on PSTP decisions (hopefully they both get accepted to that too!!). It is very possible that strictly regular MD movement still hasn't started/happened yet. Probably when people have to start narrowing their school list to 3 in April and/or CTE like you said. I also think no seat deposit for Pitt is skewing things since there's no incentive for withdrawing earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Optimistically, I'm thinking this really wasn't a wave of WL acceptances typical of Pitt. Based on very little SDN activity and not hearing anything about movement from people with connections to the school, this may have been a PSTP-related batch given that both of the people that posted their A are waiting on PSTP decisions (hopefully they both get accepted to that too!!). It is very possible that strictly regular MD movement still hasn't started/happened yet. Probably when people have to start narrowing their school list to 3 in April and/or CTE like you said. I also think no seat deposit for Pitt is skewing things since there's no incentive for withdrawing earlier.
did they always have a no seat deposit policy? just wondering if not withdrawing earlier also happened in previous yrs (although i'm probably overanalyzing 😭)

this is also my thinking! accepted WL students, let us know when you hear back from PSTP! I have a good feeling that you'll be accepted to PSTP! nonetheless congrats on your acceptance!