2021-2022 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This waiting is killing me, can they let me in already?!šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I called because I had another question, and again concerned that movement will not occur until after May 2nd.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They have really stretched it to the max time this year

No one needs 4 days notice for a 30 minute shutdown at 7:30 am, they're just messing with us at this point lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
i guess considering it's right before 5/2, it can't be completely not related right...

eye twitch GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
they're really about to do it right before may 2 and give us 3 days to decide... :rofl:

• Haha
  • Sad
Wait how do you all know about the site maintenance? I donā€™t see anything about it on my portal.

Does anyone have any changes on their portal after the maintenance?

no changes here, how much maintenance does this portal need hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Pitt has never been this late ā€¦. Atleast last 3 years

• Sad
does it seem possible theyā€™re not even going to admit from the WL this year?

• Sad
does it seem possible theyā€™re not even going to admit from the WL this year?
idk if we can take much stock in it but from the outside looking in, the num of ppl in the GroupMe at this pt of the cycle is way more than last yr... currently 200+ ppl in the GroupMe so idk, many prayers needed regardless though :(

idk if we can take much stock in it but from the outside looking in, the num of ppl in the GroupMe at this pt of the cycle is way more than last yr... currently 200+ ppl in the GroupMe so idk, many prayers needed regardless though :(
ugh fingers crossed. itā€™s cruel to continue to drag us along like this after itā€™s already been months

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I will say tho that at least 20+ members in the groupme are current pitt students and ppl have been slowly leaving, so I hope that provides a little bit of reassurance in this difficult time :')

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
With Pitt not asking for deposit $ and giving financial packets this late, applicants will almost wait till tomorrow to drop

They overenrolled last year; itā€™s possible that theyā€™re doing a more conservative WL movement protocol to prevent that from happening again. But yeah it does concern me that they told us to wait for April 15th and then May 2nd. It almost implies that they were anticipating more drops

With Pitt not asking for deposit $ and giving financial packets this late, applicants will almost wait till tomorrow to drop
I think this is a big factor. No real incentive for people to take Pitt of their list until the last day. No money involved to entice early withdraw. Will also be a trickle down effect with people waiting on other waitlists that could drop Pitt for another school after Monday. Definitely a lot still in play.

It is way too quiet hereā€¦..sitting with 6 WL

• Care
Just added this page as a bookmark on my browser... hoping for news soon!

• Care
I will continue to be optimistic since no major WL movement has occurred yet and PTE is officially May 2. Im anticipating news this week, likely May 3/4. Sending good vibes everyoneā€™s way!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I will continue to be optimistic since no major WL movement has occurred yet and PTE is officially May 2. Im anticipating news this week, likely May 3/4. Sending good vibes everyoneā€™s way!
So applicants still have time till tomorrow to officially drop schools and hold only 1? Pitt has been crazy quietā€¦.

So applicants still have time till tomorrow to officially drop schools and hold only 1? Pitt has been crazy quietā€¦.
Yeah CTE opened up this morning so hopefully weā€™ll see movement soon!

• Care
Allā€™s quiet on the eastern front. Today is the day after May 2 but thereā€™s still shuffling to be had. If it gets to Friday then Iā€™d be spooked. If thereā€™s nothing by next Tuesday then we may have to look at alternatives to the alternate list. But until then my friends itā€™s nowhere near over.

• Care
Any brave souls wanna call to see if theyā€™ll give us any information about possible WL movement?šŸ˜…

I know there are meetings this week about the new curriculum, so that may have some impact on WL turnaround...hopefully not too much though

Allā€™s quiet on the eastern front. Today is the day after May 2 but thereā€™s still shuffling to be had. If it gets to Friday then Iā€™d be spooked. If thereā€™s nothing by next Tuesday then we may have to look at alternatives to the alternate list. But until then my friends itā€™s nowhere near over.
True that!! All schools are quiet šŸ˜¤

I called today.. they said they are at class size. Maybe something later in the month but they are at class size

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
so this is really the first year of no pitt waitlist movement at all :(

• Sad
so this is really the first year of no pitt waitlist movement at all :(
last yr was like that too though right, one wave in march w a majority being pstp WL -> A but still some regular MD reported; then silence after apr 30 even though everyone thought there would be movement but they were already above class size

I called today.. they said they are at class size. Maybe something later in the month but they are at class size
I am so sad :-( I had a handful of early interviews and was deferred/waitlisted on all of them. It stings when you were confident on your app, got lots of great feedback, and things just don't work out. That's life!

• Care
  • Sad
i have a feeling they're prob even "above" class size given how many ppl are in the groupme :/
Feel like I got hit by a truck reading these. Saw this coming and didn't want to believe it. Wow does this hurt.

• Care