You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
brainperson1
Full Member
I called because I had another question, and again concerned that movement will not occur until after May 2nd.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What about the call made you concerned about this?I called because I had another question, and again concerned that movement will not occur until after May 2nd.
brainperson1
Full Member
Confirmed my apologies
macpuffmacpuff
Full Member
HahahahahI meant “us”
palmtree137
Full Member
Portal site maintenance Thursday lol
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
I’m too jaded to find any hope in this anymore lmaoPortal site maintenance Thursday lol
lakerslover777
Full Member
i guess considering it's right before 5/2, it can't be completely not related right...
coffeebean2
Full Member
they're really about to do it right before may 2 and give us 3 days to decide... 🤣
brainperson1
Full Member
Wait how do you all know about the site maintenance? I don’t see anything about it on my portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lakerslover777
Full Member
should be right below the login fields at the login page (so not in the actual portal after you've logged in), in redWait how do you all know about the site maintenance? I don’t see anything about it on my portal.
coffeebean2
Full Member
no changes here, how much maintenance does this portal need hahaha
macpuffmacpuff
Full Member
Another disappointing week?
lakerslover777
Full Member
maybe they’re waiting for the deadline to completely pass? that is my optimistic outlook at least 🙁Another disappointing week?
palmtree137
Full Member
Had this thought today and optimistically dismissing it🥲does it seem possible they’re not even going to admit from the WL this year?
lakerslover777
Full Member
idk if we can take much stock in it but from the outside looking in, the num of ppl in the GroupMe at this pt of the cycle is way more than last yr... currently 200+ ppl in the GroupMe so idk, many prayers needed regardless though 🙁does it seem possible they’re not even going to admit from the WL this year?
ugh fingers crossed. it’s cruel to continue to drag us along like this after it’s already been monthsidk if we can take much stock in it but from the outside looking in, the num of ppl in the GroupMe at this pt of the cycle is way more than last yr... currently 200+ ppl in the GroupMe so idk, many prayers needed regardless though 🙁
sourpatchbaby
New Member
I will say tho that at least 20+ members in the groupme are current pitt students and ppl have been slowly leaving, so I hope that provides a little bit of reassurance in this difficult time :')idk if we can take much stock in it but from the outside looking in, the num of ppl in the GroupMe at this pt of the cycle is way more than last yr... currently 200+ ppl in the GroupMe so idk, many prayers needed regardless though 🙁
Last edited:
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
They overenrolled last year; it’s possible that they’re doing a more conservative WL movement protocol to prevent that from happening again. But yeah it does concern me that they told us to wait for April 15th and then May 2nd. It almost implies that they were anticipating more drops
palmtree137
Full Member
I think this is a big factor. No real incentive for people to take Pitt of their list until the last day. No money involved to entice early withdraw. Will also be a trickle down effect with people waiting on other waitlists that could drop Pitt for another school after Monday. Definitely a lot still in play.With Pitt not asking for deposit $ and giving financial packets this late, applicants will almost wait till tomorrow to drop
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brainperson1
Full Member
Just added this page as a bookmark on my browser... hoping for news soon!
I will continue to be optimistic since no major WL movement has occurred yet and PTE is officially May 2. Im anticipating news this week, likely May 3/4. Sending good vibes everyone’s way!
So applicants still have time till tomorrow to officially drop schools and hold only 1? Pitt has been crazy quiet….I will continue to be optimistic since no major WL movement has occurred yet and PTE is officially May 2. Im anticipating news this week, likely May 3/4. Sending good vibes everyone’s way!
Yeah CTE opened up this morning so hopefully we’ll see movement soon!So applicants still have time till tomorrow to officially drop schools and hold only 1? Pitt has been crazy quiet….
coffeebean2
Full Member
anything happen for anyone?
All’s quiet on the eastern front. Today is the day after May 2 but there’s still shuffling to be had. If it gets to Friday then I’d be spooked. If there’s nothing by next Tuesday then we may have to look at alternatives to the alternate list. But until then my friends it’s nowhere near over.
Any brave souls wanna call to see if they’ll give us any information about possible WL movement?😅
palmtree137
Full Member
I know there are meetings this week about the new curriculum, so that may have some impact on WL turnaround...hopefully not too much though
Haha if it affects the WL that much we should be scared XDI know there are meetings this week about the new curriculum, so that may have some impact on WL turnaround...hopefully not too much though
True that!! All schools are quiet 😤All’s quiet on the eastern front. Today is the day after May 2 but there’s still shuffling to be had. If it gets to Friday then I’d be spooked. If there’s nothing by next Tuesday then we may have to look at alternatives to the alternate list. But until then my friends it’s nowhere near over.
macpuffmacpuff
Full Member
I called today.. they said they are at class size. Maybe something later in the month but they are at class size
lakerslover777
Full Member
i have a feeling they're prob even "above" class size given how many ppl are in the groupme :/I called today.. they said they are at class size. Maybe something later in the month but they are at class size
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coffeebean2
Full Member
so this is really the first year of no pitt waitlist movement at all 🙁
lakerslover777
Full Member
last yr was like that too though right, one wave in march w a majority being pstp WL -> A but still some regular MD reported; then silence after apr 30 even though everyone thought there would be movement but they were already above class sizeso this is really the first year of no pitt waitlist movement at all 🙁
LargeSchwann
Full Member
I am so sad :-( I had a handful of early interviews and was deferred/waitlisted on all of them. It stings when you were confident on your app, got lots of great feedback, and things just don't work out. That's life!I called today.. they said they are at class size. Maybe something later in the month but they are at class size
palmtree137
Full Member
I called today.. they said they are at class size. Maybe something later in the month but they are at class size
Feel like I got hit by a truck reading these. Saw this coming and didn't want to believe it. Wow does this hurt.i have a feeling they're prob even "above" class size given how many ppl are in the groupme :/
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
I think the sad reality is that waitlist movement here can no longer be expected here in light of recent news. Small chance at mostDo we think there's any chance of movement later this month?