2021-2022 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same for me. Like this message if it is down for you, and comment if it’s not. I am curious if this is the case for everyone. I also looked at last year’s thread, but the PTE deadlines were different then, and WL movement started around March 25.
it seems to be back up now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I’ve seen a few people on here who got off the waitlist, some of whom also applied to PTSP. For those only applying regular MD, what is the anticipated waitlist movement like? How many spots typically open up, and would we expect one main wave, or one soon and then one after the April 30th deadline? Is the waitlist ranked?
 
So I’ve seen a few people on here who got off the waitlist, some of whom also applied to PTSP. For those only applying regular MD, what is the anticipated waitlist movement like? How many spots typically open up, and would we expect one main wave, or one soon and then one after the April 30th deadline? Is the waitlist ranked?
Waitlist is divided into two tiers. Apparently almost all those on the first tier will usually see success, while those on the second, maybe not so much (source: google Pitt Med's WL procedure and the bylaw document will be the first thing that pops up). If they were already reviewing, I'd imagine they have some idea of how many will be coming in first and that it may be in waves (small in next two weeks, more after), but I wouldn't expect the brunt of the movement until the first week of May (source: member of adcom and general WL movement at T20 schools).

I don't think anyone would be able to accurately predict the amount of spots, since COVID might have messed it up, but it also might not have and maybe went to pre-pandemic levels. I personally think speculation on that front wouldn't be super beneficial for us WLers to think about :/

Optimistic tho. If y'all are WL'd here, you worked your butt off and undoubtedly will be super successful!
 
Waitlist is divided into two tiers. Apparently almost all those on the first tier will usually see success, while those on the second, maybe not so much (source: google Pitt Med's WL procedure and the bylaw document will be the first thing that pops up). If they were already reviewing, I'd imagine they have some idea of how many will be coming in first and that it may be in waves (small in next two weeks, more after), but I wouldn't expect the brunt of the movement until the first week of May (source: member of adcom and general WL movement at T20 schools).

I don't think anyone would be able to accurately predict the amount of spots, since COVID might have messed it up, but it also might not have and maybe went to pre-pandemic levels. I personally think speculation on that front wouldn't be super beneficial for us WLers to think about :/

Optimistic tho. If y'all are WL'd here, you worked your butt off and undoubtedly will be super successful!
Ohh interesting information! AAMC waitlist procedure pdf states ~65 accepted off the waitlist for Pitt, but the total # of WL obviously varies alot. April 30th feels so far away!
 
All of us when someone mentions the idea of calling Pitt admissions

IMG_3561.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
okay so I got my friend to call in (she's a real one 🥺 💕) and they said to expect movement in two weeks if there is any and apparently this year there isn't a two tiered waitlist it's just one waitlist and there is no way for you to know where you rank on it
“If there is any” BIG SAD 🙁

thank you and your friend though <3
 
I too had a friend call and was told …. They are actively reviewing it right now so could be any day
okay so I got my friend to call in (she's a real one 🥺 💕) and they said to expect movement in two weeks if there is any and apparently this year there isn't a two tiered waitlist it's just one waitlist and there is no way for you to know where you rank on it
Well at least they're consistent!