Primary application in September

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SB7862191

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is my first time using SDN. I graduated in May 2015 with Psychology degree and currently am working 60 hours a week in between my two jobs. I took my MCAT in August and have not received my scores yet and I started my application for the next 2016 cycle but I am getting worried that I might have lost my chance at admission since it's already September. I thought that I had to wait until MCAT to start the application but I found out that I could've done it sooner so now thinking about this is making me question whether I should apply or wait for the next cycle next year. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would wait. Interview schedules for schools like Pitt, NYU, and Hofstra are already starting to fill up fast and 2/3 of those schools interview until December. Assuming you submit now, you will not be verified until like October, not to mention the time it takes to complete secondaries over that month. Regardless of how competitive your application is, you want your application in as early as possible.