2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A at 1:30 PM EST! Interviewed early Jan.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got A the call. Interviewed late September

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got the A call today around 3:30 EST. It’s been a blessing of a day.

Reactions: 2 users
How long do these calls tend to go out for? And do we think there will be another round of calls on Monday?

I just noticed that on my interview page, the "Start Interview" button is still available for one of my interviewers. The icon is also a play button instead of a checkmark. Does this mean something, or am I worrying over nothing?

I just noticed that on my interview page, the "Start Interview" button is still available for one of my interviewers. The icon is also a play button instead of a checkmark. Does this mean something, or am I worrying over nothing?
Mine has one too, I think it's perfectly fine

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else wondering about merit aid for early interviewees/late admits? Wash U is a school I was hoping could possibly offer nice merit aid but as each of these notification dates pass I have to think the likelihood of merit awards goes down significantly even if one is lucky enough to get accepted.

What I mean is if I don’t get the A this round, that will be three decision rounds I was eligible for and didn’t receive the A. So it seems to me if I wasn’t “good enough” for a A in the earlier rounds, even if I get an A in the last round how could they possibly offer me merit aid.

Anyone aware of any history of early interview/late admits getting the full tuition scholarship that anyone is aware of?

Congrats to all the A’s so far and especially the full tuition winners!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else wondering about merit aid for early interviewees/late admits? Wash U is a school I was hoping could possibly offer nice merit aid but as each of these notification dates pass I have to think the likelihood of merit awards goes down significantly even if one is lucky enough to get accepted.

What I mean is if I don’t get the A this round, that will be three decision rounds I was eligible for and didn’t receive the A. So it seems to me if I wasn’t “good enough” for a A in the earlier rounds, even if I get an A in the last round how could they possibly offer me merit aid.

Any history of early interview/late admits getting the full tuition scholarship that anyone is aware of?

I can’t recall exactly if this is true but I want to say that the aid office has no connection with the admissions office so they consider you for merit aid independently of when you get accepted. I could be wrong though so let’s see if anyone backs me up on this

I can’t recall exactly if this is true but I want to say that the aid office has no connection with the admissions office so they consider you for merit aid independently of when you get accepted. I could be wrong though so let’s see if anyone backs me up on this
Thanks for the reply!!

Any history of early interview/late admits getting the full tuition scholarship that anyone is aware of?

Not me directly, but I talked to two current WashU med students who were accepted in the March wave. Within two weeks of acceptance they both got preliminary merit offers (one half, one full scholarship) and on May 1st WashU upgraded the half scholarship to full scholarship because more money opened up.

Not me directly, but I talked to two current WashU med students who were accepted in the March wave. Within two weeks of acceptance they both got preliminary merit offers (one half, one full scholarship) and on May 1st WashU upgraded the half scholarship to full scholarship because more money opened up.
Thanks!

By March wave is that this one or the 3/25 one?

Congrats everyone that got an A, and best of luck to those still waiting! Is there an accepted students GroupMe?

Had silence unknown number on today and missed calls from a 314 number that has "Barnes-jewish" as its label. I didn't get any voicemail, though. Did anyone that got accepted receive a call from a "Barnes-jewish" labeled number?

Had silence unknown number on today and missed calls from a 314 number that has "Barnes-jewish" as its label. I didn't get any voicemail, though. Did anyone that got accepted receive a call from a "Barnes-jewish" labeled number?
You 100% got the A congrats bruv

Yeah I did

Do we think there are any more As coming out this wave

Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a SVI/Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.

Got an A call today around noon EST! Was not expecting it over the weekend haha

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Got the A call on Friday, are scholarships released after the initial acceptance? Also, does anything need to be done for financial aid apart from the FAFSA?

Hi, I had a missed call and a voicemail on Friday from admissions just saying the would call me back, but they have not yet. I'm hoping it was an acceptance call:shy: Has anyone who got the A on Friday received an email or portal update?

• Love
Hi, I had a missed call and a voicemail on Friday from admissions just saying the would call me back, but they have not yet. I'm hoping it was an acceptance call:shy: Has anyone who got the A on Friday received an email or portal update?
You are definitely getting the A. Congrats!!!

• Care
has anyone received a call but the portal has not updated yet/no email to confirm acceptance?

has anyone received a call but the portal has not updated yet/no email to confirm acceptance?
I think that is everyone at this point. No one has posted about the portal update or email that the people that got calls are expecting. It will happen today and you are 100 percent admitted, if history is any guide. Congrats!

I'm a November interviewee that hasn't heard anything since, worth sending a letter of interest this late? I haven't really had any updates or changes to my activities so that's why I haven't thus far (I figured sending nothing was better than sending fluff, and I didn't want to send a letter of intent since I am leaning towards another school for now).

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a November interviewee that hasn't heard anything since, worth sending a letter of interest this late? I haven't really had any updates or changes to my activities so that's why I haven't thus far (I figured sending nothing was better than sending fluff, and I didn't want to send a letter of intent since I am leaning towards another school for now).
Interviewed in Jan and wondering the same thing, except I am thinking about writing a letter of intent and don’t know if I should wait to be WLed first

Got the email and the portal update :)
Congrats to all accepted and good luck to everyone waiting

Does any know whats the difference between Discovery Days and Second look?

Has anybody gotten in touch the Core and heard back? I wanna get started on securing a place for the fall. I've only emailed, not called

For people who sent update letters or LOIs, did you email it to admission or upload it to the portal?